halloween haunt 08 trip report

fearfestrulz

This is always my favorite time of year at Kings Island.

this year was even better i think.

first thing we did was ride a family favorite, Vortex. which depressed me, because after a summer of riding that same thing i was ready for the HAUNT. after this we made our way to urgent scare.

it was amazing, short line for a well thought out and unique experience. especially since there were scareactors in line to entertain you the whole time. the one that really got me was the girl with the creepy voice holding the kro bar. and the elevator was genius!

then we went to TRAIL OF TERROR.

for me, this was dissapointing, not because of the scareactors, but the line! they should really put scareactors there too because it seemed like we waited forever for a 3 minute walkthrough. next was TOMBSTONE TERRORTORY

VEEERY short line. for me it was a walkon because the train was about to leave. did u notice that they talk about seeing a little girl in a blue dress? i heard many rumors about a little girl in a blue dress before this. anyway, UCH better than last year. no fun tunnel, that was moved to trail of terror. ther were more people to scare you too! after that was club blood

club blood, dissapointing and disgusting. especially if you have boys with you. everytime i looked behind me they were staring at the strippers. not scary either. loud, yes. disgusting, yes. scary, no. after this was corntalkers.

cornstalkers, awesome. especially the guy in the front. "they came from the land of..." *looks at my sisters ears...* "of tiny earrings."

lol. lots of corn stalkers in this maze. Next was CARNEVIL

carnevil was ok. it depends on if you like clowns or not really. for me personally it was fun because im not afraid of clowns. especially the giant teddy bear :)

and the pshycodelic tunnel! it was awesome. over-all this one can only be opinion.

worksite, where do i start? ALOT of metals scraping on the ground and it hurt my ears. this one had a long line at the time, but i thought it would be worth the wait. welll... let me just say if theres a long line its not worth it.

Not an attraction, but the show DEAD AWAKENING was awesome, atleast from my standpoint it was. at first i just wanted to do attractions, but the songs have such a bouncy beat. i went last friday and its still stuck in my head... "welcome to our night mare, i hope we didnt scare you..." awesome. i really got into it too.

the audience can be pretty stupid though. at the end, when the main gil was laying on the bed, obviously dead and nothing was happening, me and my mom were exiting and one person said " its VERY rude to leave during a performance..." i think it took them about ten minutes to realize it was over lol. SERVES HER RIGHT!

But as the park goes, lots of creepers in the park. my favorite are the ones the slide on the ground or scrape the metals on the ground. the unicyclers did a great job.

the only thing i HATED about this was that parents brought there 5-6 year olds with them. they would make them go first in mazes, and quite frankily, i wouldnt want my kids to see those guys in dresses marching around, or strippers dancing on poles. and it also ruins my evening to not be able to hear anything because ppl bring theyre babies and they wont stop crying... poor freaked out infant...

Halloween Haunt RULES!

by the way, sorry i couldnt put this under trip reports, it wouldnt show up.

Guest TombraiderTy

Did you seriously think CornSTALKERS and Tombstone Terror-tory were good? :huh:

Well, you're opinion...

Glad you had a good time. I'm hoping to visit tonight.

Well, you're opinion...

ha me too!

and yes lol

but mostly because there were tons of scaractors there,

and when the train stopped a guy was complaining "this cant be right!" not knowing it was supposed to happen, and he was pretty p/o'd lol.

Well, you're opinion...

Have you been in Tombstone this year? I though it was pretty good, it was my favorite maze.

Sounds like you had a great trip! I really liked Trail of Terror, but I HATE how easy it is for people to cut in line! We had a huge group of freaks cut in front of us, it was like 7 people! They should at least have people or scareactors walking up and down the line scaring people AND making sure nobody cuts!

Well, you're opinion...

Have you checked it out this year?! there's been MUCH improvement from the past. Give em a chance if you haven't ;)

And I'll make sure you tell crowbar lady you said good job, since she's not too far up the queue from me ;) *the table gets no lovin :(:P*

I cannot let this go. The obvious excitement and desire to achieve that all you haunters/roamers/monsters/ghouls have shown here is commendable! Y'all are trying, in some very difficult circumstances. Please don't think that even those of us who don't get into such things do not appreciate what you do. We do. You are trying to do in an excellent way that which the park wants done. And you want to make the people who attend happy. For that, Terpy and many others, says THANK YOU!

Now get out there and boo somebody! :)

Or should I say "Give the mark a little pop!"?

Terpy, an old dog who can learn a few new tricks...now where's my dog biscuit?

Tombstone TerrorTory is always one of my favorite mazes. Especially since a lot of them know me and make sure to scare the crap out of me!! Honestly I see them scaring a lot of people and if the screams are anything to go by - well yea a lot of people get scared on the Tombstone Trail!! One of the train hosts incorporated me into the story line as the Saloon lady that Wally Sparks shoots dead so I guess that makes me a part of the trail? Well at least as far as Wally Sparks goes huh?? Teach me to ask him for another drink!!!

Great trip report!!! I am so happy you had such a great time!!! I go to Haunt every operating night and it never seems to get old!! The scareactors/roamers/creepers/managers make this such a great time!!! The decorations can only go so far - it is the employees that get out there every night that make it a blast!!!

I cannot let this go. The obvious excitement and desire to achieve that all you haunters/roamers/monsters/ghouls have shown here is commendable! Y'all are trying, in some very difficult circumstances. Please don't think that even those of us who don't get into such things do not appreciate what you do. We do. You are trying to do in an excellent way that which the park wants done. And you want to make the people who attend happy. For that, Terpy and many others, says THANK YOU!

Now get out there and boo somebody! :)

Or should I say "Give the mark a little pop!"?

Terpy, an old dog who can learn a few new tricks...now where's my dog biscuit?

thanks Terpy :)

walk out battered, bloody, sore throat and enjoy the work is dedication xD

Well, you're opinion...

hahahahaha, i agree.

well, the only ones that scared me were club blood, red beard's revenge, (i was surprised about this one, i thought it was going to be styupid but there were people everywhere.) and i THOUGHT urgent scare was going to scare me, but i saw about everybody before they tried to scare me. soo, thaqt sucked. i was disappointed with HH this year, well every year but yeah.

Guest TombraiderTy

Directly after the receptionist in Urgent Scare you (are supposed to) enter a small room. The door shuts and the floor starts shaking and dropping. This is the "elevator" several people are talking about.

Well, you're opinion...

ha me too!

and yes lol

but mostly because there were tons of scaractors there,

and when the train stopped a guy was complaining "this cant be right!" not knowing it was supposed to happen, and he was pretty p/o'd lol.

I was there last night and and that whiner drove me nuts.

The train braking down is part of the fun.Needless to say,he ran through the maze.(HEY BUD BETTER CHECK YOUR BVD'S WHEN YOU GET HOME)that will teach him.

Glad you enjoyed it.

Well, you're opinion...

Have you been in Tombstone this year? I though it was pretty good, it was my favorite maze.

Sounds like you had a great trip! I really liked Trail of Terror, but I HATE how easy it is for people to cut in line! We had a huge group of freaks cut in front of us, it was like 7 people! They should at least have people or scareactors walking up and down the line scaring people AND making sure nobody cuts!

There are people walking up and down the line. I think you need to direct your statement to security since that is what they are suppose to be there for.