Haunt Report for Friday, October 17

gabelogan99

So for the third conesecutive Friday, I went to Halloween Haunt. It is so strange how all three trips have been so different, and all have been great. This week was better than last week and almost as good as the first week. I'll start by saying it was indeed very chilly last night, but if you were dressed warm you didn't notice it all that much. I was dressed warm but I wasn't dressed like it was winter like my aunt was.

So me and my aunt were the ones who went this time. We got there right at 7, as always. (I insist on being there to see the wall of monsters.) So we get there and we start wondering when my cousin and her boyfriend will be there because they were supposed to be there at 7 as well. This gave me a head start as to what to think about doing as far as rides vs. haunts because my cousin is a couple of months pregnant and can't ride any of the rides so we planned on focusin on haunts for the majority of the night. When they didn't show at 7, and it was discovered they wouldn't be there until at least 8, me and my aunt decided to do some rides first. I'll take this time, instead of at the end, to say that the atmosphere of Halloween Haunt was as good as it has been.

So after a bathroom break to Festhaus, we went to one of her favorites and mine: Delerium. We waited one rotation and we were on. Now, of course, this one got pretty chilly. Sure, it hadn't been dark for long but the cold air was in the air and was hitting us at over 50 mph, so our faces were a little frozen. But I really liked it. Next, quite simply and logically, we went on Adventure Express. This was quite a cool ride too in both senses of the word. A nice dark, cold ride on one of my favorites. We waited a little extra time for the front seat, but for all intents and purposes, it was a walk-on.

Following the logical path, we walked through the midway and to a walk-on ride of Vortex. Again, as always, a great ride. By the time we get off of Vortex, it's not even 8:00 yet. We decide to go on Backlot and there wasn't but about a 5 minute wait for that. So right as the clock was striking 8, we were getting off Backlot. We walked into Rivertown and then made our way to CarnEvil. Before we went into it, however, we got a couple of blueberry ice cream cones.

Right about the time that we finish our cones, here comes my cousin and her boyfriend. CarnEvil was right there, they hadn't been in it before, so we figured that would the perfect thing to do. The line for this wasn't long at all. In fact, as we sat there eating our cones, I noticed that the line wasn't gettiing longer, it was actually getting shorter. It was shorter than it was when we first saw the line so we got in the line at a great time. The line was just barely spilling out over the queues. CarnEvil was as good as I remembered it. Great 3-D effects.

After that we headed to Dead Awakening, and it was perfect timing too because it was right around 9:30 that we got out of CarnEvil. We sat in the second row. This was the closest I had ever sat. There was a woman in the front row with three small boys, all 5 and under, and a baby. This was odd enough. During the pre-show playing of The Automatic's "Monster", the oldest of the boys, who was wearing wearing some makeup on both of his cheeks, got up and did a dance that was rehearsed and contained provacative moves. So he put on his little show and everyone who saw him applauded at the end of it. It was actually good and entertaining. Then during the actual show itself, he got up from where he was sitting and, during several occasions, mimicked the moves of the dancers on stage. He knew a lot of the dance moves. I thought it was a tad distracting myself, but it wasn't like this was my first time seeing the show. When I saw him do his little dance before the show, I figured that this had to be sponsored or somehow "approved" by the park. But then when he was doing all that he was doing during the actual show, I figured there was absolutely no way that anyone would have approved that because, like I said, it was a distraction to the crowd and I would assume the actors, especially if they didn't know he was going to be there. Everything was just too weird, and I knew there had to be something more going on than what met the eye. The lady he was with, who I have to assume was his mother, must have been somebody. I say this because nobody stopped or said anything to the kid, but there was no usher in front like there usually is. The lady was sittiing right in front of me and all I had to do was ask her, all while being coy about what my angle was, but I chose to just not ask anything. Maybe someone on here knows what all of that is about.

Anyways, after the show we headed to Massacre Manor but the line, while certainly not backed up all the way to the bumper cars as I witnessed one time last year, was too long for any of us to stomach. My aunt insisted on checking out the line to Urgent Scare even though I told her it would be as long and probably longer. We did anyways, and, sure enough, it was pretty long. We instead went into the arcade. I usually don't play any games or have any noteworthy experiences while in the arcade but this time both of those things happened. I'm very intrigued by the T.V. show "Deal or No Deal" (can you guess where this is going?). Even though I don't watch it religiously, I always thought it would be cool to be on it. I've even played versions of electronic games of it, but none where you actually won prizes. So, for those of you who don't know, there is a Deal or No Deal game in the arcade in Coney Mall. You can spend one dollar and have the chance of winning a top prize of 200 tickets or you can spend two dollars and have a chance of winning 400 tickets. I went for the big prize and with only two cases left I took a deal of 90 tickets. My case contained 150 tickets, but I couldn't turn down a good offer like that. I'm sure a lot of people just play it through and hope they have chosen a really good case and take it to the end. However, I had to play the odds. Anyways, my cousin and I put our tickets together at the end and got a couple of small thing and I got a really neat dinosaur that cost 150 tickets. (Yes I know. Apparently I'm 6 and I think dinosaurs are cool.) It was so weird that playing that, which I did not really intend on doing, was kind of the highlight of the night just because it was so much fun. And my family was right there cheering me on, just like in the real game. I didn't necessarily always follow their advice. I will say that I wish the top amount was 1000. Even if you do win 400 tickets, there aren't hardly any good prizes that you can get with 400 tickets. But, it was a lot of fun nonetheless. And I figured that 90 tickets is probably a lot higher than the average payout, at least the odds would suggest that.

After our little arcade trip, me, my aunt, my cousin, her boyfriend, and my dinosaur went to Club Blood. We went in back of a group of three and my cousin's boyfriend, Bil, was the last one in our chain. Halfway through the maze, one of the vampires yells at Bil and says "Is that Billy Ray Cyrus on your shirt!!?" It indeed was, and I didn't hear this take place but he told me about it because it held him up and he almost lost us. That was one of the funnier things that happened last night. I liked Club Blood but nothing besides what I just mentioned happened that sepparated it from other times I've been in it. There wasn't really a line for it, which really surprised me. The line wasn't even to the tunnel, which it was last week when I went through it.

I almost forgot: before going to Club Blood we were walking along, away from the alien exhibit. A mosnter was walking towards the exhibit near the ice cream stand. Two kids came up behind the spook and decided to give him a little tap from behind. The monster took off, turned around, and man was he on a mission. The kids ran but figured it was no use and gave up and were standing in the grass near Days of Thunder, or whatever it's called. I didn't really hear what the monster was saying, but those kids really got schooled I think.

After Club Blood we didn't do much of anything else. We may have checked out the lines for the mazes I mentioned above at this time rather than the time I mentioned, but I can't really remember. That was the last thing we did before calling it a night. At one point late in the night, we were walking down the midway when a spook scared the crap out of my aunt and wasn't even trying. The spook was running in the opposite direction we were walking. My aunt thought that it was a regular person running, and when she looked up and saw the person's face it really scared her. Another funny thing was I saw a spook go into the bathroom around F 'n F. Here I thought the bathrooms where a safe zone! Actually, he was there on official "business."

I spent a lot of last night thinking that next week was Halloween. It is not. I'm really busy during Halloween weekend with stuff not having much of anything to do with Halloween, so I think a trip to KI is out of the question. Besides, I anticipate what could be a record crowd Halloween night. Next Friday, however, I think that, once again, there is a strong possibility that I might make another trip for even more rides, scares, and deals. (Weather permitting.)

I was there Friday as well...My girlfriend and I, along with her parents, did the following attractions....Club Blood, Cemetery Drive, Death Row, and Urgent Scare...Death Row was my favorite of the bunch, along with Urgent Scare a close second....Cemetery Drive wasn't all that scary...and Club Blood wasn't really scary at all - although it was quite funny when the the first girl in the door asked me, "hey baby what are you doing later tonight?" lol, with that I figured I knew what the rest of it was going to be like...

Wow its almost opening and the park is empty. less than 20 of us waiting at the rope. last night i had over an hour wait for front line on The Beast. as we were leaving The Beast the line was out by The Beast sign on the cross path.

I thought US was fantastic. Im not a gore guy and usually do not enjoy those types of mazes (cough, Club Blood, cough) but I really enjoyed this one, people jumping out from all angles was just great. My second time through I competently forgot about the jumping man at the end and he got me really good.

My only suggestion, for next year, is to do a video to play in the queue before hand linking Magnum to the outbreak. Something like a faux news report talking about the chaos and how it started X weeks ago and then cut to a commercial for Magnum talking about how this is the final day of our X week giveaway or something like that. Then at the end perhaps add a new effect where you see a bunch of energy drinks either being: burned, marked quarantined or something like that.

And one other minor quibble is your use of the word "inoculation" I dont know if its a joke or not, but to be inoculated with something means that you are exposed to the pathogen enough to become infected. I think the way you guys are using it is synonym for "vaccinated" which it is not. I'm not sure if Im over thinking a joke or not, but either way inoculation is not something you want done to you.

Are you gonna do Urgent Scare! :D cuz i'd love to hear what you have to say about some of the changes and how it's come along :)

I'm interested to see how it has come along. I did it the first Friday I was there and I plan on doing it the last Friday that I will be there, which will hopefully be this Friday. I liked it the first time I did it. I thought it was pretty unique and really the size of it alone was impressive. I liked the indoor/outdoor aspect the most probably.

After our little arcade trip, me, my aunt, my cousin, her boyfriend, and my dinosaur went to Club Blood. We went in back of a group of three and my cousin's boyfriend, Bil, was the last one in our chain. Halfway through the maze, one of the vampires yells at Bil and says "Is that Billy Ray Cyrus on your shirt!!?" It indeed was, and I didn't hear this take place but he told me about it because it held him up and he almost lost us. That was one of the funnier things that happened last night. I liked Club Blood but nothing besides what I just mentioned happened that sepparated it from other times I've been in it. There wasn't really a line for it, which really surprised me. The line wasn't even to the tunnel, which it was last week when I went through it.

I totally remember your group. Bil was in the back of the group, and it was a white shirt with a HUGE picture of Billy Ray Cyrus on the back. I thought it was Billy Ray at first, but then the pimp and I were talking about it and he thought it was George Michael, which I thought it kind of looked like too so I wasn't sure.