What happened to the Paramount Story?

CedarPointer

The movie stones were turned upside down. Currently, the former Paramount Story is Cemetery Drive. What it will be next year remains to be seen.

That's almost as good as the rumored duct tape on BLST's control board where it said Italian Job: Stunt Track. :rolleyes: Was it open during the season?

Yes, the former Paramount Story was open during the season. It is a tranquil place, in need of some tender loving care.

Oh, ok. The park map I have didn't show it, but then again it shows Flight Deck as having an inversion and Drop Tower as still having Drop Zone's far superior logo, so it's not very accurate.

Yes, the former Paramount Story was open during the season. It is a tranquil place, in need of some tender loving care.

Oh, ok. The park map I have didn't show it, but then again it shows Flight Deck as having an inversion and Drop Tower as still having Drop Zone's far superior logo, so it's not very accurate.

You can't forget that Vortex's train is backwards, Delirium has a floor, Adventure Express is the same size as Firehawk, Firehawk has White supports, and much, much more!

Anyone else out there think that a nice little Intamin Mega-lite would go great there, over the sidewalk, and a couple nice turns over the water? Get a German theme going and there's another attraction in Oktoberfest! Make sure the water is kept though. I dont want to see another water feature be drained forever.

What water feature has been drained forever, he asked curiously....

Oh, you mean the mosquito lagoon at Beast?

Or the canoe thingy?

I see....so if the choice is to keep a lake or put in a coaster, I should chalk you up in the forget the coaster group? Or if the choice is to have guests bitten by mosquitoes galore or to drain a lake, I should put you in the feed the bugs group? :)

I might be wrong but isn't this where the "Kings Island Walk Of Fame" is supposed to be next year? I would love to see that area devoted as a historical museum devoted to the park. Old ride signs, maybe even actual ride parts like a Cobra train or something like that?

What water feature has been drained forever, he asked curiously....

Oh, you mean the mosquito lagoon at Beast?

Or the canoe thingy?

I see....so if the choice is to keep a lake or put in a coaster, I should chalk you up in the forget the coaster group? Or if the choice is to have guests bitten by mosquitoes galore or to drain a lake, I should put you in the feed the bugs group? :)

Haha no not exactly. I am just saying that I think the water would offer a unique setting for part of a coaster. I understand the whole mosquito argument but as long as the water does not remain stagnant by way of 1 or 2 small fountains I feel that that problem can dealt with. The aforementioned water features were not equipped with fountains, I do not believe. If faced with the choice between the coaster and the lake, I would take the coaster in a heartbeat. However, I think that a nice dive into a low, water-hugging turn would be a great element for a small airtime coaster.

Wait a minute! I've got it! what if KI puts in a Intamin mega-lite with the Walk of fame as part of the ride somewhat. The exterior is the walk of fame and have an entrance to the ride within the walk of fame! It could be called Kings Island: The Experience...

wait, thats waaaay to "Paramount"ish, nevermind that name. Although it would make for a high-flying acronym.

That's FC with a terrible attempt at humor

Honestly I hope the Tower Gardens errrr Paramount Story errr Tower Gardens, stays a nice secluded area of the park. Just needs some landscaping here and there.

I am glad to see this is where the Walk of Fame is going and I would love to see the addition of nostalgic items from the parks past. They have something like this at Cedar Point in the Town Hall building. I honestly hope KI returns the Tower Gardens to a nice relaxing area that you can get away from the crowds. Most big parks anymore have bulldozed these areas for rides. Hopefully this never happens to the Tower Gardens and it continues to evolve.

Guest TombraiderTy

That's a turn on Flight Deck, not an inversion. It just looks a bit odd...

I might be wrong but isn't this where the "Kings Island Walk Of Fame" is supposed to be next year? I would love to see that area devoted as a historical museum devoted to the park. Old ride signs, maybe even actual ride parts like a Cobra train or something like that?

I would much rather see the history then the walk of fame. Put the walk of fame aroud International Showplace or something, bring in some of the MANY old ride parts and props the park still owns- King Cobra, Phantom Theater, Jetson's Jet Orbitors, Son of Beast...

Personally. I'd like to build a small Japanese tea house in that area. Guests would be able to sip green or black tea with a snack and enjoy the relaxing scenery. The concept fits International Street.

International Street is (supposed to be) a European street, Japan is in Asia. Not a bad idea though :lol:

I've read this whole topic, and I still don't know what you guys are talking about.

Paramount Story. To the left of Eiffel Tower. Where Cemetery Drive is this year for Haunt.