2009 platinum pass identical to 2008

raptor

My new season pass for next year looks identical to 2008, this is dumb, they should at least print the year on the pass, i have to hand the attendant both passes saying i'm not sure which is this year's and witch one is next year's

I wish they had the year on it as well. If you want to know which pass is for which year, look at the last line of your pass on the back. The 2007 passes were copyrighted in 2006, and the 2008 passes with copyrighted in 2007.

The ideal behind when you renew is to save you the time from having to wait inline to have your new pass processed. All the information (name, address, picture) is transfered from the 2008 pass to the 2009 pass. You will continue using the same pass for the balance of 2008 and 2009. This is so you will not have to wait in those long lines at the begining of the new season. I tell the pass holder to just write 2009 onto the new 2009 pass.

NOTE: This only applies to renewing 2008 passes. You still have to have your 2009 pass process if you did not have a 2008 pass. You can renew your 2008 pass either online or at the sales window.

I don't have my 09 pass yet, but I wrote "2008" on the back of my 08 pass, right next to my signature.

I will definitely be able to tell the difference between old and new even if I didn't do that. My 08 pass is bent, worn and scratched from using it so much this year.. I went to KI 13 days and CP 10 days! :D

My new season pass for next year looks identical to 2008, this is dumb, they should at least print the year on the pass, i have to hand the attendant both passes saying i'm not sure which is this year's and witch one is next year's

Don't use the 2009 pass until next year, put it away in your wallet, and you'll be fine.

Interesting.

I renewed.

They handed me my 2008 pass back and told me it was done.

I am saving the receipt, just in case.

I have a long, sad history of botched Cedar Fair pass renewals, going back long before the Worlds of Fun acquisition. You will have to pardon me, but I just do not trust Cedar Fair to handle a season pass renewal properly. I won't be the least bit surprised if my 2008 pass does NOT work next year.

Interesting.

I renewed.

I have a long, sad history of botched Cedar Fair pass renewals, going back long before the Worlds of Fun acquisition. You will have to pardon me, but I just do not trust Cedar Fair to handle a season pass renewal properly. I won't be the least bit surprised if my 2008 pass does NOT work next year.

That's how they handled mine, and my brother's as well. One can only hope they know what they are doing!!

Interesting.

I renewed.

So maybe I'm missing something, but are you confirming they're processing 2009 Platinum Passes *now*?! (and your 08 PP will also be used as your 09 PP?)

My wife and I actually purchased our first ever season (Platinum, in this case) passes when we went to Kings Island a couple weekends ago.

I have to say, I'm a bit concerned as well. My Platinum Pass says nothing about 2009 on it, and when we wet to have our pictures taken, the lady made us fill out information forms. It wasn't till I had filled it out and was handing it back to the lady that it occurred to me that the form read "2008 Pass Renewal" at the top.

So, much like Terpy... I'm defnitely hanging on to the paper receipt that says "2009 Platinum Pass".

Why couldn't they do like AAA does (or the BMV, for that matter)? Give you a 2009 sticker to put on your pass. Each year you renew it, they could give you a new sticker for that year. Low cost, low confusion. It couldn't cost that much to print and, when needed, mail a small label to passholders.

Interesting.

Interesting when I used to be a dual passholder I never had issues with Cedar Point renewal, but always had an issue with Kings Island renewal. Given I dont have the long track record you do, so my sample size is limited. I wonder if its just an industry thing and the majority of parks strugle with it?

I went to the season pass renewal. She said it would cost me $140, and handed me back my old pass, and said you're good to go for next year. So those of you who got a new identical pass, I'm not quite sure why. It seems smart from any standpoint to just update an existing card. Instead of getting a new pic, card, and all every year, just update an old one. It's seems smart from a business stand point too. I was surprised when it happened, but I personally like the idea. I am however holding on to my receipt, just like the rest of you until I make sure this goes over smoothly. Something tells me they wouldn't implement the plan if they didn't think it was going to go smoothly.

So maybe I'm missing something, but are you confirming they're processing 2009 Platinum Passes *now*?! (and your 08 PP will also be used as your 09 PP?)

Not to come off as rude but they've been advertising it for weeks now.

No, by all means, be rude!!

I had no idea!?!? :blink: How long have they been doing this?? I'm kind of mad I didn't know about this during my last KI trip!! When I talked to Tony Clark in person at Cedar Point on Sept. 7th that bum told me 09 processing wasn't happening until 09 (barring KBF)!?! <_<

Needless to say, I'll be b*tching at Guest Relations and ripping someone's head off (since it will make me "feel better" ;) ) right after I get my 09 Pass processed...freaking idiots, I tell ya!! :angry:

Interesting.

I renewed.

Actually, you won't have to wait until next year for this to apply.

Remember that 09 season passes come with one free visit. Last Sunday, I went to the park as normal and had a blast. Last night, I then went back for another blast (apparently my 35 Beast rides from the week before wasn't enough), and I went to the front gate. Gee....what happens, but my season pass won't scan. "You'll have to go to guest relations." :rolleyes:

Meanwhile back at the ranch...my brother is already in and is being attacked by chainsaw guys. :lol:

Inside the nice warm new-and-improved guest relations, I explained my situation, and she scanned my pass. "This is your 2009 season pass. You only get one free visit." :angry: Becoming aggitated. I then stated that it was 08 also and that I had just renewed it a couple of weeks prior. She asked when I bought it, when I bought my 08 season pass, mother's maiden name, etc. She then marked something down and sent me through the railing. I asked if it would be fixed by the next time I came. She responded "it won't be fixed, no, there are only five more nights." To which I stated that I was planning to come to most if not all of them. Guess who gets to trapse through guest relations every time he wants to go to KI in 2008? I'll probably have to argue over it every time.

So...note to self...do not renew season pass before closing weekend.

Now, I have no problem really with how guest relations handled the problem (though a little less argument would have been preferred), but having 08 disappear at renewal makes me mad. I have been a faithful Cedar Fair passholder every year since Cedar Fair bought KI, and I certainly have allowed them to make enough money off me for parking last year and food this year, so I really resent being treated in this manner.

I don't believe that there will be a problem getting it to work in 09, but the rest of 08...another story.

Sigh.

Interesting.

I renewed.

Actually, you won't have to wait until next year for this to apply.

Remember that 09 season passes come with one free visit. Last Sunday, I went to the park as normal and had a blast. Last night, I then went back for another blast (apparently my 35 Beast rides from the week before wasn't enough), and I went to the front gate. Gee....what happens, but my season pass won't scan. "You'll have to go to guest relations." :rolleyes:

Meanwhile back at the ranch...my brother is already in and is being attacked by chainsaw guys. :lol:

Inside the nice warm new-and-improved guest relations, I explained my situation, and she scanned my pass. "This is your 2009 season pass. You only get one free visit." :angry: Becoming aggitated. I then stated that it was 08 also and that I had just renewed it a couple of weeks prior. She asked when I bought it, when I bought my 08 season pass, mother's maiden name, etc. She then marked something down and sent me through the railing. I asked if it would be fixed by the next time I came. She responded "it won't be fixed, no, there are only five more nights." To which I stated that I was planning to come to most if not all of them. Guess who gets to trapse through guest relations every time he wants to go to KI in 2008? I'll probably have to argue over it every time.

So...note to self...do not renew season pass before closing weekend.

Now, I have no problem really with how guest relations handled the problem (though a little less argument would have been preferred), but having 08 disappear at renewal makes me mad. I have been a faithful Cedar Fair passholder every year since Cedar Fair bought KI, and I certainly have allowed them to make enough money off me for parking last year and food this year, so I really resent being treated in this manner.

I don't believe that there will be a problem getting it to work in 09, but the rest of 08...another story.

Sigh.

Are you sure that you renewed your 08 pass or did you purchase a 09 pass? Did you keep your receipt? It will show if you renewed it or bought a new 09 pass. On a 08 renewal, all info is transfered to 09 and use the same pass. There was no need to have it re-processes. What price did you pay for it? A renewal for 08 cost less than if you bought a new 09 pass. Also, you would have to have the 09 processed. Take the receipt and have them verifiy it.

Yes it was renewed at the renewal price of $140, but I was judgemental of Guest Relations too quick.

Apparently, the...fine gentleman...that renewed my season pass scanned it incorrectly. Even though they told me at Guest Relations that it wouldn't be fixed because there were only five more nights was incorrect. When I asked this time, a different person stated that "I think we fixed it, you look very familiar to me." She checked on the computer, and it was indeed fixed, and had both 08 and 09 season parking and admission as unlimited use. She then went to the gate with me to make sure that I got in okay. I took my pass to the gate, it scanned as usual, I thanked her and went on my merry way. That was more like it, and I'm very glad I don't have to go through GR to get in every time.

I just jumped to the wrong conclusion, and it was just a fluke...but if it happened to me, it could happen to anyone, so save your receipt.