Coney set to Introduce Twister in 2009

CoastersRZ

Coney announced today the addition of The Twister water slide complex.

The complex features four water slides; two body slides and two tube slides. Construction is set to begin in the spring on the $2 million project, with the slides opening with Sunlite Pool for Memorial Day weekend, 2009.

Read more from the Cincinnati Enquirer article, here.

Be sure to continuously check ConeyIslandCentral for the latest updates on Coney Island and the Twister construction.

And to see pictures of the Zoom Flume demolition, be sure to check out these pictures.

Well, for those of you who get the hard copy version of the Cincinnati Enquirer, the article appears on the front page of the local section. There is a rendering provided of the slides there. Unfortunately, the Enquirer did not include that image on their website.

Well, keep in mind that they could start building it in early March, which gives them three full months to get the slides built by the end of May. Just look at how much work has been done on Diamondback in three months! And these new slides are not as complex, and do not cover as much area as what Diamondback does.

Have you been to Coney before? They have some pretty unique and thrilling rides. I know that Gordon Bombay can attest to the intensity that can be achieved on the Rock-O-Planes when someone controls it who really knows how to spin the tubs (like someone who has worked that ride numerous times).

This is the first major addition to the Sunlite pool area in several years, and it will surely be a hit with the general public.

Celebration City got nice, big, new rides...and what happened there?

As you have been told before, the rides side of Coney Island is just a sideline, compared to the pool and the picnic business. The park is in business to best serve its clientele....and rides patrons are a very small part of that. Very small indeed.

While the Dome is right next to the main entrance road, it is NOT located close to either of the two entrances to the pool. The west pool gate is located near the Pepsi Python, right across the main road from the rides ticket booth. I think the Eurobungy Dome did alright this season. I know I worked it some busy days when the myself and the person I was working with never had a chance to sit down the entire shift because we had a line the entire shift!

Custom build a tumble bug would rock!!!, And a flying scooter.

However after reading the posts, People dont' give coney enough credit, the rides are 2nd fiddler to the Water side, But it does compliment the wet side of the park.

Face Facts coney is the # 2 amusement park in Cincinnati.

Question could coney afford to do a christmas celebration or is it to close to the zoo really to make a profit???

And one last thought question?? Is coney under any restrictions what they can build so they don't compete with Kings Island??? Or is it fair game>>>>

One last thing, Is there any other story of Coney's success closed coney along witht the flood To build Kings Island, but then Coney did'nt want to die, and came back pretty strong,,,

has this happened any where else???????

Coney Island Rocks, I worked at Coney on weekends only this summer. (I had a co-op job M-F that paid me twice what I earned per hour at Coney). On the weekends, I was essentially there from 11am to 9pm most weekends.

No, Coney probably has no interest in having a winter event. Not to mention the fact that most of the stuff that gets winterized at Coney is easily moveable, in case the Ohio River floods.

As far as I know, Coney is not under any restrictions with what they can build in terms of competing with Kings Island.

I`m not sure if another amusement park has been closed because of its success, reopened the following year as a swimming facility only and later developed into a small amusement park again. It is definitely an interesting story.

Well, this past year saw the addition of the River Runner (relocated from Wild West World where it operated very briefly), the new Turtle Parade replaced Kiddie Circle Freeway, the Eurobungy Dome was new, and the slide and Frog Hopper were moved to new locations. 2007 saw the addition of the Rock O Plane. In 2006, the Cyclone slide was added at Sunlite Pool, and in 2005 the Scream Machine was added on the rides side.