Coney set to Introduce Twister in 2009

CoastersRZ

The Spinning Wild Mouse at Wild West World looked awesome on youtube, wonder where they moved it to

Also, I could totally see the Scooby Doo Ghoster Coaster fitting in the sunlite pool area without taking out that many lounges since you could put lounges under it (I think) I doubt coney island would buy it but hey, I think its a good idea for the future.

Is Kings Island selling it anyway?

The Ghoster Coaster was removed in such a fashion that it is probably not useful for any purpose other than scrap. Not to mention it was not the most comfortable of rides, had very poor capacity and was not an easy ride to maintain. After all, were the ride all that wonderful, it would still be operating at Kings Island or a sister park in the Paramount Parks/Cedar Fair chain.

Ronald Walker purchased Coney Island in 1991 for $3.8 million. He passed away unexpectedly in 1997. The park is currently owned by his wife, Brenda Walker. Vic Nolting is the General Manager and president of Coney Island. He is the main guy in charge of the daily operations of the park. He has been at Coney since 1984.

Have you been to Coney before? They have some pretty unique and thrilling rides. I know that Gordon Bombay can attest to the intensity that can be achieved on the Rock-O-Planes

Yes. Yes he can. You can view him stumbling over to a bench to sit down and hold back from throwing up as CoastersRZ laughs during one of their visits to Coney Island.

I need to get back to Coney in 09. I haven't been since 2005, and the Rock-O is one of my favorite flat rides.

Do they allow single riders on it? That's my biggest problem with getting to ride them, all the portable Rocks that travel with local carnivals require two people per tub. Even if I'm able to hunt down another single rider, it's a bit of a tight fit.

Yes, the Scream Machine was added in 2005. The new "attraction" in 2004 was Firelite Express, a decorated lawn mower that resembled a fire truck which pulled two trailers with guests around the paths behind the Dodgems and adjacent to the picnic groves. That particular attraction did NOT operate this year.

• 4 weeks later...
Does anyone know when Twister construction starts?

Well, to be technical about it, construction of Twister actually started back in September when demolition began on the Zoom Flume. Construction will likely begin in the spring.

Well, to be technical about it, the answer to coney island rocks' question was:

Yes.

Terpy, who just HAD to...in your heart you knew he would

• 1 month later...

I do not know the answer to that question. I do know that the slides are designed and being manufactured by White Water West. Currently, there is not much progress at Coney on the future site of the Twister. However, the slides are currently beginning to be fabricated in White Water West`s fabrication shops. A tidbit about the new Twister slide is that it will occupy approximately 1/3 of the land that the old Zoom Flume used to occupy.