10-25 Trip Report

G-Force

I had a pretty fun first Haunt trip on Saturday. We got there at around 1:45 and we went right to Beast, only a 30 minute wait! After that we got on Delirium, 25 minute wait. We stopped to get something to eat at Festhaus when we saw the first few minutes of Ghouls Gone Wild (Great show, really good work KI) and ate some pizza. We then went to FoF at around 6:00 and got out at 6:45. We waited in the line for Death Row. Once Haunt started it only took 15 minutes to get to the front! It was an amazing haunt. I have never in my life jumped that high! It seemed like the workers were really in to it and in character. The stroble lights were a little heavy but it was still a extremely fun attraction. Then, we headed for Worksite where we had a 20 minute wait. There were two drunk people behind us that made the experience much less enjoyable. They didn't get me as much as Deathrow here but it was still great! Then we headed for Club Blood. Great job on this one! My favorite parts were the very beginning and the guy swinging out at you. By this point we were extremely tired so we headed for Festhaus to watch some more of Ghouls Gone Wild, again a great show. We were still a little tired so we went to a shop or two and I got a DB t-shirt. Then, we headed for The Racer, a 30 minute wait. And, since luck was against me, the empty seat next to me got stuck open. The worker pulled on it for a few minutes, then they got a wrench or something out and it still wouldn't give so we had to evacuate the ride. I am pretty sure it closed after we left also. Then we got a pretzel, did some arcade, and got some candy and headed out. We only got scared by a Roamer once today but he did a great job. Well, that's how my first trip to HH was! It was a great experience!

EDIT: I also saw the one and only Don Helbig there giving a VIP tour! I wonder who the VIP tour was for?

Guest TombraiderTy

The VIP tour was ACE's and a second corporation's "Fall Freak Out".

And you seriously thought Death Row was amazing? Everybody is entitled to their own opinion, but that's probably the first positive thing I've ever heard about that attraction...

Guest TombraiderTy

^It's always sucked. The actors could be the world's best and it'd be pointless. It's an endless maze of chain-link fences and mirrors lit with never-ending strobe-lights. They need a REAL prison maze in its place.

I did death row once. I was not impressed. The guy taking me around was kind of rude - enough said. Normally it is a great attraction and I have a blast in there but this year just kind of lacked something. I only visited it once so please do not take that as it was not a great haunt!!! As I said normally it is awesome! I might have happened in on a bad night for them.

Have to agree with you on CLUB BLOOD. I was able to "park" the chair and walked it. Thankfully a short attraction and that is possible. Well so I thought!!! Since a lot of the scareactors in there know me by name - it was an interesting experience!!! When we got to the jumper WOW lost a few years on him. My "friend" was telling me to go to this area as the path. Suddenly this FACE shoots out at me and I screamed so hard then fell against the wall!! I literally thought that guy was going to hit me!! Then Mike the DJ got me more than once and as did the others. I was surprised that Gator knew who I was as I was walking!! Leaving that attraction my legs were not exactly steady. Almost reached my chair when suddenly this yellow faced goblin jumps out at me. I screamed and busted up laughing!! That is how I do it - the stronger the laughter the more scared they got me! It is just awesome fun - Club Blood was much better this year!!!

Does not matter where you go - Haunt is awesome!!