10-26-08 TR

Beast1979

Ok, so I really didn't take enough pictures to make a PTR out of it, but I did take some good pictures, so I will write a normal TR and post pictures later.

We left the house at about 1:18 PM. With my mom being herself she said we would go late at the end of the day, then she wanted to get there at opening, and niether of those worked out, so she was angry the entire trip up to the island. When we got to the park I was kinda nervous seeing a relativly crowded parking lot, I was thinking "It's Sunday! It's Supposed to be EMPTY on Sunday!".

But, no worries. I entered the park and there was no one there. Well, there was. They were just all in the kiddie land. But, I'm not complaining! We headed over to Action Zone like we always do and when I saw Invertigo with 5 people in the station I bolted. I ended up sitting in the front seat next to a kid from Columbus who was about 8 years old. We were talking about Cedar Point since that was his home park, and he actually was pretty good in a conversation.

After Invertigo I saw Son of Beast wasn't running a full train. So I got some exersize and treked over to the Son of Beast. I got in line for the front row and could've waited 3 trains, but that would've put me on the blue train, so I let a couple go in front of me and got Front Seat on the Red Train. Man, even in the smoothest seat it is still pretty bone-rattling. I really think it should be replaced, which is sad because it has an excellent design. I mean come on, it's Werner Stengel!

Then to Adventure Express. It was a fun ride, as always, but this time was kinda cool because of the leaves starting to turn and the cool crisp air, it was just real nice outside. After AE I headed to The Racer. SHOCKER! The Blue side wasn't running. But who cares? Even without the Blue side it's STILL a one-train wait! And man, The Racer continues to be one of the best rides at KI. People who don't enjoy it really have to see in another dimension besides 1. It is fast and full of airtime and provides great visuals of Coney Mall.

Walking up the Coney Mall one could not miss the theming of the area to a very, very sick Circus or carnival. I really don't get what tempted them to make skeletons with two heads, 3 legs, 4 arms and a tail. While my natural childhood curiosity makes me wonder about these things it's bordering on disgusting.

Stop! Left Turn! Into X-Base. I knew walking in there I wasn't going to ride Firehawk. No matter what it always has a 10+ minute wait which is 5 more then it's worth. But luckilly the Best Steel Coaster at Kings Island (As of 2008) is a walk on. Flight of Fear! This ride never seems to disipoint. The theming is great and the ride itself is excellent. But I can't help noticing how incredibly painfull it must have been with the Horse Collar restraints. Ohh well, not my problem!

Skipping The Vortex (Because I really didn't feel like the head bashing today) we walked into the Snakes Den. Diamondback was absolutly huge. HUGE. Words and pictures can not describe how amazingly huge this Goliath was, and how David I was. I rode the Crypt (Yes, it WAS working) and and I was shocked to see that The Bat Creature was working again. I walked in and it was hiding it's face, and later it opened itself. The ride itself was really thrilling, but desprately lacks a theme.

After the Crypt I rode The Beast, in 4-2. It was great, as always. After The Beast we treked on through the Nick. U, and found the missing guests. Little Bill's Giggle Coaster had a longer wait then the SoB! Everybody was crammed into the Nick U today, but I wasn't complaining about that! We stopped at Starbucks afterwards. My mom got something to eat, and I got a big Cookie. :) It's never to late to be a kid.

After Starbucks we went to the Coney Mall, again. Rode The Racer, again. Had fun, Again. Went to X-Base, again. Rode the Flight of Fear, Twice. Then we walked up to The Beast, and I rode it in a way I never thought I would.....In the Back Car! That's right, 6-1. It was ok, but still kind of bone rattling.

Then we went back down To Action Zone. On the way, I rode Flight of Fear for the fourth time and The Racer the third time. I had time and there were no lines so I figured why not?

Now for some new Rides. I rode Delerium as a walk-on. Someone told me Huss Rides Stink. Phewey! Delerium proves again to be a great ride and loads of fun. After Delerium to Flight Deck. Man that is a long Walk! I waited one train for the Front Row, AKA the only row you should ride on Flight Deck. I realized that this was probably one of my last roller coaster rides of the season, so I didn't put my hands in the air, I didn't scream, I didn't even hold on. I just sat there and endulged.

I wanted to ride Xtreme Skyflyer next but it had the longest wait outside of the Nickelodeon Universe. So I rode Invertigo one more time. As far as I knew this was my last ride of the season. So I sat, calm, quiet, and peaceful. That's my way of letting the adrenaline flow through me in the best way. I came off the ride with 50% of the blood in my body sitting in my feet.

So were walking towards the Exit to the park and mom asks me, "What's the Best Ride here?" I tell her that it's like picking your favorite child. But it had to be The Beast. So mom, being very nice, let's me stay a few extra minutes to go end the 2008 season on The Beast. And what's the only thing better then riding The Beast to end the season? Riding The Beast in the front seat to end the season. I waited 2 trains and plopped myself down in the front seat. We slowly creep up the chain lift, and when I get to the top I do one thing.....Throw my hands in the air. I promised myself the only way to ride The Beast is hands up. The ride was amazing, I could almost feel the adrenaline flowing from the track, into my feet, up through my body and releasing from my fists. What a perfect way to the end the season.

What a Fantastic end of the season trip I had, thank you Kings Island for the wonderfull year, and thank you KICentral for making it even better.

Thanks for Reading!

Great TR!! I'll be looking forward to the one's next year again! Looks like it would have been a really good day to go too!! (too bad I couldn't! :( )

I still think Blue train is smoother than Red, but maybe I'll try 'em out again next weekend.

Also, last row in Flight Deck in by far the best...or at least most thrilling, anyway.

Not liking Firehawk?? Or was it just the long wait? I guess if I went 50 times a season I wouldn't accept anything less than a walk-on either.

But oh well, next season D-back will change everything! At Canada's Wonderland this season, Behemoth literally made everything else 2nd rate from the GP's perspective it seemed to me, which kind of was a little sad to see! Hoopefully that won't be KI next year.

Collective comments from the thread:

1. Flight Deck:

- Back car, front seat provides the best ride imo.

- No matter where you sit, it's still a great ride.

2. SOB:

- Blue is smoother than red...because it's slower...but not by much.

- The front seat on SOB was able to even suit my mom, who hates rough coasters. I think you might be slightly judgemental based on what others think...but that's just my opinion. The rose bowl is the only rough part of the ride, yet it gets a bad reputation...it just makes me sad.

- It runs much better with no brakes at the mid-course, no matter how rare an occurence it is. (not a comment from the thread, but it was an extra that I threw in.)

3. Racer:

- I'm glad you see the beauty in The Racer. As far as the coaster riding experience is concered, it is my favorite ride at Kings Island due to its good amount of airtime on the "out" side...and could also have good air on the "back" side and occasionally does, but is forcefully removed by the use of a you-know-what. The ride it competes with for the slot of favorite at KI could easily claim that title, but can't for the same reason. That one is #1 for re-rideability, and I'm sure you can figure out what it is.

- It amuses me that the trim right before the brake run was turned off this weekend...wierd, but very acceptable.

4. Vortex:

- Grow enough that your ears are up past the shoulder harness, then it's a great ride.

5. Beast:

- I was in the train coming back into the station when you posed for that front-seat shot on The Beast. Glad you had a great ride. Please note, judging by the TR, you still haven't found the seat that I consider the #1 best spot. Bwaa haa haa...I'm not going to give away my secret either....he he.!

Your TR is a great one, and I see you and I have both noticed that everyone hangs out in Nick Universe on these late Sundays in the season leaving most of the rest of the park available as a walk-on day. I love this time of year for that reason, and I've been there every Sunday since the weekend before HH started this year. It has cost me a fortune in food. ;)

I will also go on record that I agree with you about Firehawk. Though I think it is worth the wait, I usually won't wait more than about 10 minutes for it. If they had used both trains on Sunday like last week, it would have been a reasonable wait.

After Delerium to Flight Deck. Man that is a long Walk! I waited one train for the Front Row, AKA the only row you should ride on Flight Deck. I realized that this was probably one of my last roller coaster rides of the season, so I didn't put my hands in the air, I didn't scream, I didn't even hold on. I just sat there and endulged.

No no no no no. Back seat is the best :) more swingage :)

In case anyone was wondering here was my ride count for the day:

Invertigo: 2

Flight Deck: 1

Son of Beast: 1

Delerium: 1

Adventure Express: 2

Red Racer: 3

Flight of Fear: 4

Beast: 3

Crypt: 1

Front Seat Rides: 5 (Invertigo, Son of Beast, Beast, Flight Deck, Invertigo)

Total Rides: 18 Rides in 4.5 Hours

It appears that you are a big fan of the front seat on coasters. The best seat on Invertigo is either the very backside (Facing up going up the first lift) or the seat right behind it where it has the highest point of where you are facing downward.

Huge is having to worry about whether or not one can fit rides at Cedar Point....

Hey... Who ya callin' huge? ;)

Gator, who just HAD to, especially after having Karen imply that I was not young, and now Terpy's calling those of us out that can't ride numerous Intamin rides at Cedar Point, as well as a certain Intamin drop ride at our home park. I'm just getting beaten up here lately!

I'm just picking on you Terpy, I know you more than understand the situation yourself, once upon a time...

It appears that you are a big fan of the front seat on coasters. The best seat on Invertigo is either the very backside (Facing up going up the first lift) or the seat right behind it where it has the highest point of where you are facing downward.

When a Zen Ride is impossible then the next best thing is the front row. It's you and the coaster.

I prefer the back seat though for numerous reasons. 1 being on The Vortex. Getting dragged over the top of the lift hill and slung down the drop is airtime heaven. As well as when you go through the corkscrews, if you put your knees up to your chest it gives you the sensation of flying out of the car.