10-26-08 TR

Beast1979

Paul tall? Yes. Huge? No waya, Hosea. :)

Huge is having to worry about whether or not one can fit rides at Cedar Point....

I always knew I was big, but huge, that's a new one. Millennium Force was a tight fit, so tight in fact that I didn't even try TTD for fear of having to take a walk of shame.

I don't have a problem with Maverick's restraints. Being as I'm huge and all (6'5" around 300 lbs), I found them to be very accommodating. All jokes aside, I'm very lucky that with my size, I'm still able to ride and do what I love. It seems that many new coaster trains are more forgiving to the bigger of the population.

You cannot ride Drop Tower? You are missing an amazing ride experience.

I could ride Drop Tower, as well as my favorite coaster, Millie, at one time. But a few years back, because of some accidents involving larger people on Intamin coasters, Intamin tightened their restrictions on size. So we could ride these rides one year, and the next we couldn't even though we had remained the same size from one year to the next.

So I know what I'm missing... which is probably worse than not having ridden at all. At least for TTD and Wicked Twister, since I never got to ride those, I don't know what I'm missing. But I do miss DT and Millie. I can only work to get to that point again (mainly for the health benefits, not just to ride rides. I'm not that shallow, but it is nice to have a secondary goal). It can be, and has been, done before! I attempted last off season, but this year I've joined a gym so I'll be exercising more than last year.

Sorry, thread hijack over...