Crowds on Halloween night

SeasonPass4Life

Hi all. I'm sorry to say that due to my work and weekend schedules I have not made it to HH this year... bummer. I may be able to drive over on Friday night (Halloween) Just wondering if anyone has been on Halloween night and what the crowds have been like in the past. I know that each year is different and so many circumstances can affect attendance but just wonding. Let me know if you've been and what you thought about being there on Halloween. Thanks!

Well last year when the park was open for Halloween night, it was part of Bare Bones nights (Halloween was on a Thursday). Crowds were very light, but that was likely due to the day of the week and the fact that it was rather cold out.

As far as this Friday goes, it all depends on the weather. It could be crazy crowded (the weather is supposed to be rather nice this Friday with a high around 65). In fact, the weather for this entire weekend is expected to be nice with highs in the 60s and lows in the 40s. Can`t beat that weather for the first weekend in November! Remember, anyone going to the park on Sunday, that daylight savings time ends at 2am on Sunday morning. So make sure to set your clocks back an hour, otherwise you will show up to the park an hour late!

It also means that it will be dark on Sunday when the park closes at 7.

Yes! I forgot about that. Hopefully I'll be on the last Beast train of the season like I was last year. Only this time, my wife and daughter will be with me so we'll have to figure something out since GatorGirl's not 48" yet. Maybe Mrs. Gator won't mind staying with her.

And btw, closing day on Sunday, Nov. 6th 2005 was not very busy AND with weather better than this upcoming Sunday, so who knows??

Closing day is Nov. 2nd not the 6th.

It also means that it will be dark on Sunday when the park closes at 7.

Yes! I forgot about that. Hopefully I'll be on the last Beast train of the season like I was last year. Only this time, my wife and daughter will be with me so we'll have to figure something out since GatorGirl's not 48" yet. Maybe Mrs. Gator won't mind staying with her.

OOoo.. Me Too Me too!!!

lol and Normally Fridays have been A LOT less crowded than saturdays, but that was mainly (i think) becuase of football season, but now only those in the playoffs have games, so more of the little hellions will be out... so its a tough cal, but i still think friday will be good, maybe ppl will be hitting up other haunted attractions, b/c they came on saturdays before *crosses fingers* :P

In your first reply, did you notice he was talking about how crowded it was on closing day in two thousand FIVE, not this year...and closing day then WAS November 6....(I well remember, as I closed out the year on The Georgia Cyclone at some park in Atlanta)

Terpy, who won't be on that last Beast train this year, but may well be on the last Magnum train...yes, Magnum XL-200...by far the best coaster at Cedar Point, in his humble opinion...well, except for that Maverick contraption! :) (even those who know life is a great adventure sometimes have to get to the point...besides, how you gonna know what is and is not great about Frontier Thingy if you ain't never been to Maple Grove?)

And btw, closing day on Sunday, Nov. 6th 2005 was not very busy AND with weather better than this upcoming Sunday, so who knows??

Closing day is Nov. 2nd not the 6th.

Maybe you want to READ the WHOLE post. Tig was making a comparison to a closing day 3 YEARS AGO. As Terpy so astutely commented, the park did close on 11-6... IN 2005!

I've gone every friday and then a couple saturdays. the first friday was the best with ABSOLUTELY NO LINES... i believe the longest line was 5 minutes... yet last saturday had at least 1 hr lines.. Best thing is staying past 11 PM... after 11 or 12, lines are non-existant (even on saturdays).. Halloween Haunt is so much fun!!