BREAKING: Hard Rock Park Bankrupt: Files Chapter 7

a. The park can contact Lance and say whatever it wants, but the court papers say what the court papers say.

b. You mean the same Screamscape that posts news stories like The Great Escape's waterpark cutting hours...and does so long after it appeared here? Many times, something appears on Screamscape only after it is posted here first....I do not use Screamscape as a source, nor do I claim they use this site as one..but the coincidences are eerie.

c. Mere posting of a link by The Interpreter does not mean that he vouches for the accuracy of the information contained therein.

d. The "breaking" is from the original news source, and is even contained in their URL, which was only posted about three hours ago...

I know how you enjoy posting news stories and such, however, the news you are "BREAKING" in with was reported by Screamscape just yesterday, and if you look at the most recent Screamscape update, it may debunk your news story...

...bummer

Lance claims HRP told him that an article by Dow Jones claiming the employees were seeking 1.1 million dollars in severance pay wasn't true. This is not the same article and this article has different claims based on court documents.

Wow, that certainly was exceedingly high on the maturity scale. It goes to show your true character when an impartial "moderator" would mock a user, a supporter of the website and then being naive enough to think slapping an emoticon on the post negates the mockery. I guess it just reaffirms my opinion that you offer little if any constructive moderation to this website.

Wow, that certainly was exceedingly high on the maturity scale. It goes to show your true character when an impartial "moderator" would mock a user, a supporter of the website and then being naive enough to think slapping an emoticon on the post negates the mockery. I guess it just reaffirms my opinion that you offer little if any constructive moderation to this website.

Eros, grow up. You want to accuse others on here of not being mature yet the only time you rear your head is to make some negative remark against The Interpreter. How come it's alright for you to accuse everyone of being a "Salty Sally" yet when someone calls you a "Debbie Downer" you cry foul? Grow up.

Relax, Eros, I was playing off of you calling everyone else a "Salty Sally." It was a joke, if you frequented this site more often you would see that we often joke around amongst us users and generally enjoy this website.

Back to the topic: I'd be willing to bet we'll see foreign buyers for Hard Rock Park and eventually Six Flags.

Relax, Eros, I was playing off of you calling everyone else a "Salty Sally." It was a joke, if you frequented this site more often you would see that we often joke around amongst us users and generally enjoy this website.

Eros, You can believe that on this site there are certainly more jokes then put-downs, and most of the time when you think it's a put-down it's a joke! We got a bunch of humorous dudes on this site, so have some fun and quit trying to jerk people! :)

Back to the topic: I'd be willing to bet we'll see foreign buyers for Hard Rock Park and eventually Six Flags.

With the US and Foriegn Dollar looking the way they do I'd bet so.

Uhh yea.....

No, you misunderstood my question. I asked you specifically which foreign currency are you referring to. The Canadian Dollar is the only foreign currency also called a "dollar." So when you said "foreign dollar" you weren't referring to anything specific.

Well, not really....there are other foreign currencies that are also denominated in dollars, such as the dollar in Australia, Hong Kong, New Zealand, Singapore and Taiwan, and that's just the ones that come to mind at the moment...but the major non-US currencies are not...e.g. Euros, Pounds Sterling, etc.

I know how you enjoy posting news stories and such, however, the news you are "BREAKING" in with was reported by Screamscape just yesterday, and if you look at the most recent Screamscape update, it may debunk your news story...

...bummer

See also: http://canadianpress.google.com/article/AL...auf41fF_CU1Be3A

You might find interesting what the park spokesperson says:

Spokesman Jim Olecki said Friday the US$400 million Myrtle Beach park celebrating rock 'n' roll couldn't cope with less-than-expected attendance and a faltering economy.

The park opened in April after seven years of planning, with roller coasters based on Led Zeppelin's "Whole Lotta Love" and the Eagles' "Life in the Fast Lane."

It filed for bankruptcy protection in September.

Olecki said owners hope a buyer can be found by the end of the year and the park can reopen in 2009.

However, Hard Rock Park won't open if it's not sold, Olecki said.

He said he could not could not say if park owners were in contact with a prospective buyer or how much the attraction would cost.

The park's creditors must file any objections to the sale by Nov. 13, according to court documents filed Friday in U.S. Bankruptcy Court in Delaware.

Olecki has said the park didn't have enough money for promotion when it opened and the credit crisis made it impossible to get more....

As for severance payments, see also:

http://www.thestate.com/business/story/574219.html

I am still amazed at how poorly HRP was launched, opperated, and marketed. The business plan was either poorly done, poorly followed or just completely wrong... I lean towards all 3. Should be interesting to see how the pieces are picked up, because it could be a great attraction for the millions of visitors to the Grand Strand.
  • Like 1

I feel more sorry for the folks who took a chance and moved there to persue a Full Time Job at the park. I know more than one who left Kings Island, good people, who thought they were making a good career move. I for one, am thankful that I didn't try to follow suit, even though I thought about it long and hard. Interesting times.

• Like 1

I feel more sorry for the folks who took a chance and moved there to persue a Full Time Job at the park. I know more than one who left Kings Island, good people, who thought they were making a good career move. I for one, am thankful that I didn't try to follow suit, even though I thought about it long and hard. Interesting times.

Yes it is very regretable what happend to those folks, but that is the risk of going to a new park like that. I feel a lot of smoke was blown to a lot of people. That smoke never materialized to what was promised.

Very sad the situation now, but the next question is can and will a buyer come in? I would imagine a private investor or investors, possibly overseas, that would then bring someone like PARC Management in to run the show. PARC also knows the MB market already so it could really make sense for them to be involved

I seriously question whether an amusement park is the highest and best use for that particular real estate. It would not surprise me if the land and rides were sold separately...and they will be if that maximizes the return to the many, many creditors left otherwise holding the proverbial bag.

As for Gaylord, they owned interests in Opryland and Fiesta Texas, and got out of both. I don't see them re-entering the amusement park business. Stranger things have happened, but it seems decidedly unlikely.

Yeah, I remember someone posting on PointBuzz last winter trying to recruit CP employees (the seasonals) to HRP by saying the dress code allowed for anything you wanted, the management style would be very lax, and you'd have brand new furnished condos on the beach to live in (oh yeah, and promises of better pay as well!) Too bad that didn't last long!! You know what they say about things that seem too good to be true??....

• Like 1

I seriously question whether an amusement park is the highest and best use for that particular real estate. It would not surprise me if the land and rides were sold separately...and they will be if that maximizes the return to the many, many creditors left otherwise holding the proverbial bag.

As for Gaylord, they owned interests in Opryland and Fiesta Texas, and got out of both. I don't see them re-entering the amusement park business. Stranger things have happened, but it seems decidedly unlikely.

Well previously the real estate housed shopping and entertainment. Fantasy Harbor had numerous hotels and outlet shops and it went under and Wacama Pottery was there as well, which met the same fate. As I said in the very begining it is a horrible location and fewer folks arrive to Myrtle Beach that route anymore. More and more visitors are staying North or South and staying away fom downtown.

Honestly wouldnt mind seeing Gaylord come in and turn it in to another one of their malls. Seeing as the one in Nashville is doing so well, much better use of the land than Opryland was. Notice my sarcasm, I have issues with Gaylord.

• Like 1