Beast Getting Redisigned Entrance

FOFreak

Purely speculation from my point of view, but I would imagine that planter box will be removed in front of the entrance and maybe some queues being placed in the area next to the lower level queues( I believe that is a storage area). I am being optimistic an hoping for maybe a sign or some trees in front, but let's be realistic.

Maybe the water to work again in the Station ?

I highly doubt that. The water used to be pumped up from the pond and then dropped over the gold sleuth near the station and there used to be a waterfall where the mine cart in the turn around is now. The water was removed for a multitude of reasons.

Side note: the park did some really nice landscaping work around The Beast this year especially the cave/mine cart. They even added a light that lit up at night.

• Like 1

Side note: the park did some really nice landscaping work around The Beast this year especially the cave/mine cart. They even added a light that lit up at night.

Definitely, I noticed at one point there were two lights that looked like eyes in the back of the mine shaft. Very nice touch.

^^LOL, yes what kind of entrance or sign will it be. I some what think it will be a building with a huge LCD screen on the side with a moving logo. But I may be being a little TOO optimistic...

That wouldn't fit The Beast at all. The setting is very rustic, shall we say. I vote for the exact same sign, just in a new location.

Definitely, I noticed at one point there were two lights that looked like eyes in the back of the mine shaft. Very nice touch.

Nice touch indeed. Wink, wink....

So does every coaster. The Beast twists and turns through the woods and has a wicked double helix!

Technically, it does go out...and back, just not in a straight line, eh?

Ok, here's the lowdown...

The entrance area where the trees were cut down will be the exact location of the final helix for Diamondback. You will not be walking under D'back to get to The Beast in that area. The entrance will be to the left of where it is now, parallel to the exit. I'm not sure how much of the station will stay and how much will go, but we do know that it'll look a lot different in 2009!

o.k. i know this is most likely not the best thing to go by, but if you look at both the fly-around, and off-ride animations for Diamondback, the big flower boxes are still there, but you don't see any of the current entrace of The Beast.(where the snack machines are.)

Letting guests walk under coaster track increases the chance of bad things happening. Mainly guests on the ground getting hit with stuff or trying to touch the track. Really from a liability standpoint the farther you can keep somone away from the track the better.