Beast Getting Redisigned Entrance

FOFreak

I would agree Tige. If your going to have DB open why not have some other attractions in the area open like Beast, Vortex, BLSC, and also the train for great pictures. I could see them roping off areas like Action Zone to keep the guests mainly around DB and surrounding areas.

Now back the The Beast entrance, it will be on display at the preview also.

I just watched the front seat animation for DB, and I could tell that the area around the final helix looked to be open to the public. That's not to say that the decision to change that hasn't been made already, but according to the video, it's open. Pause the video right as you crest the hill, and you'll see what I'm talking about. There are even people in there in the rendering.

Yep. Dry run days typically do not have paying customers inside the park. Whereas season pass days, the paying pass holders are in the park. The whole concept behind dry run days was to iron out some of the pre-opening kinks before the paying customers enter the park.

• 2 weeks later...
I wasn't dissapointed. I love how the chains pop out. For the downside, I see a resemblance with The Beastie sign. (the fur)

But It's not like The Beastie sign is used anymore.... so who cares? I really like the sign! I can't wait to see Rivertown in 2009!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Back then it as a line that ran through all of the switchbacks and, at times, almost back to Antique Photo... With signs that told you it was a two hour wait from where you were, a tree where everyone stuck their gum, and a concession stand with real workers....... And a lake and flowing water in the mine effects, where there are still coins to this day.....

And single bar restraints and air time on the second drop.....

Back then it as a line that ran through all of the switchbacks and, at times, almost back to Antique Photo... With signs that told you it was a two hour wait from where you were, a tree where everyone stuck their gum, and a concession stand with real workers....... And a lake and flowing water in the mine effects, where there are still coins to this day.....

And single bar restraints and air time on the second drop.....

HEY!!! I'm a relative young'n and I still remember some of that. At least the concession stand, and the switchbacks being full and such. Heck, I even remember waiting in a line for The Beast and looking straight up and seeing the Eiffel Tower standing over me. Man that was a long time ago.

^^I remember the airtime on the 2nd drop too!!

As a kid, I loved that 2nd drop, which did put butterflies in my stomach! While pretty much no drop of any size today does that anymore (Maverick's >90 degrees with loose OTSR's is the closest), I yawn over the slow-POS 2nd drop today!!

I'll feel bad for my dad for sure when he rides Beast next summer (he hasn't been on it since like '95 or something before re-profiling), but thankfully D-back should make up for that!

I'm with ya on not getting butterflies anymore but my first time on Maverick the first drop got me. Hoping some airtime on DB might as well.

As for Beast, it's just a fun nestalgic ride. It was the first coaster I rode. The attendant wouldn't let me on cuz I was too small but when they changed shifts I got the new person to let me ride. My dad and sister were in the last couple rows of full switchbacks and I squeezed past the whole crowd. From the first drop I loved it and have been hooked on coasters since.

same here....i remember i asked dad once when i was little what they were and he said...foot prints..lets follow them...and this was when i was scared of coasters...it led to The Beast and i freaked out..for some reason i guess i thought i was in line for it when i started seeing it...lol but i do miss those foot prints

didn't The Vortex and Beast footprints begin at the clock behind the tower?

I remember the wait for Vortex usually being in the 45-minute range... which at the time used to be a "quick" line. The Beast ALWAYS had a 1 1/2 - 2 hour wait for a ride. Both are pretty close to walk-ons these days.