Beast Getting Redisigned Entrance

FOFreak

Even during the season the entrance was altered a couple of occasions. and included that nice 'entrance' sign above. And its very true what CoastersRZ stated, from working The Beast over the summer there were ALOT of people who got confused to where to enter the line. Some who would make it all the way up to the station through the exit before they found out that the accidently went up the exit.

During this, the thirtieth year of The Beast, it would be wonderful if no one had any problem finding The Beast entrance, as all they would have to do is follow The Beast's footprints to get to the entrance! :)

I wanted to ask Don about those on Saturday, but I figured he wouldn't have an answer or wouldn't want to answer. Oh, well, live and learn.

I remember when The Beast first opened and yes I'm probably showing my age; but anyways, the line started where flight commander was and we waited 2 - 3 hours to get on. But it was so worth it! Someone mentioned a year or 2 after Beast was opened they added more tunnels? Is this true? I don't remember that but that was a long time ago :P !

Maria

• 4 weeks later...

^My prayers have been answered.

A nice simple entrance would be nice, but as others have said, it adds atmosphere.

I also remember my dad telling me it was a resturant when I was littler, to get me to go on, of course I proved him wrong.

"Nah-uh! It's right here on the map!"

I wasn't a very gullible little kid, ;)

• 1 month later...
Ha, the first time I went to Six Flags Over Georgia, I missed the Monster Plantation....with its long line and understated sign, I mistakenly thought it WAS a restaurant! :) And I was far from a child agewise at the time....

Why do they need to redesign it, I like it just fine.

That whole plaza area in general is going to be amazing this year, new beast entrance, modified crypt entrance (if they keep it how it was at the end of last season) and a new paint job for Vortex.... Oh and I think there was one other thing... something about a new 230ft coaster?

so why was The Beast canyon built. I thought it was too sell drinks.. :P

It actually housed a concession stand with food and drinks. Back when the line for The Beast would fill all the queue houses, I remember it being open all the time. Mind you, this was when customer service actually meant something, and the park wasn't content to just plop some vending machines in and take the personal element out of the equation.

...and the labor costs of that personal element. It's not just Kings Island that did that. Vending machines have replaced some or all of the people many places...starting with, for instance, the post office, ATMs, automated parking attendants, and on and on and on... Other places, customer service has been replaced with self service, often under the guise of improving customer service...see, for instance, self service drinks at fast food places, self service sandwich ordering at WaWa, Sheets, and many other convenience chains, self service at gas stations except in New Jersey and Oregon, etc.

At Carowinds, Paramount Parks had put in self service, free refill Coke soda fountains in Wings. They were among the first things that Cedar Fair removed.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Is anyone else disappointed with The Beast's new entrance?

I think it is even harder to find now than it was before, and the signage is unnoticeable and pathetic. I'm not a big fan of the coaster, but I do believe that it deserves a clearly identifiable entrance.

Guest rcfreak339
It's worse this year now that they've covered up the windows with giant ad banners for Dippin' Dots, just looks like a concession stand now.

Oh, I know...All the parks I have visited this year have had atleast one coaster with those dumb advertisments. It seems like the Six Flags parks are the worst, They have those Miracle Whip signs on the stations of coasters, they have M&M stickers all over the park on steps, waiting signs and even the trams at Magic Mountain seem like a big M&M....