Thanks For Another Great Season!

What a season 2008 was! From death-defying motorcycle jumps to an all new level of world class entertainment to something old becoming new again, if you didn’t visit Kings Island in 2008 you certainly missed a lot! If you think the momentum is going to stop in 2009, you’re sorely mistaken.

In April of 2009, Kings Island will unleash its tallest, fastest meanest coaster, Diamondback! Diamondback will stand 230’ and will feature ten vertical drops, an innovative open air train design and an incredible splashdown finale! Diamondback construction is already well under way and you can see the latest construction photos by clicking here!

If Diamondback’s venomous bite already has you excited about the 2009 season, then you can skip the lines in the Spring by purchasing your 2009 season pass online! A 2009 season pass allows you to visit Kings Island on any day that the park is open to the public. You can also upgrade to a Gold Season Pass and get special VIP benefits. Don’t forget that season pass holders will be among the first to have the opportunity to experience Diamondback!

Do you want the latest information sent directly to your cell phone? Sign up for KICentral's official mobile club and receive text alerts with the latest news and information about Kings Island! Signing up is fast and free! Click here for more information about KICentral's official mobile club!

Are you an avid Kings Island fan or do you casually visit once a year? It doesn't matter! KICentral.com is the site for you. Why not register on the forums of KICentral and tell us about your thoughts and experiences involving Kings Island! Registration is fast, FREE, and easy. Don't forget to keep checking KICentral.com for the latest news, rumors and information about Kings Island amusement park!

Regards,

Ryan

If Diamondback’s venomous bite already has you excited about the 2009 season, then you can skip the lines in the Spring by purchasing your 2009 season pass online! A 2009 season pass allows you to visit Kings Island on any day that the park is open to the public. You can also upgrade to a Gold Season Pass and get special VIP benefits. Don’t forget that season pass holders will be among the first to have the opportunity to experience Diamondback!

Just to let everyone know, they have extended the 2009 Season Pass Fall Sale to midnight tonight (11/3/08).

I never, ever thought I'd say this, but me, too!

I doubt we would have ever seen a major coaster install by CBS. I know we would have not seen the entertainment we have seen under Cedar Fair. Have they done some things I very strongly disapprove of? Sure. But, overall, Cedar Fair has been an overall positive for Kings Island...very much so, actually.

I guess it all depends on who is doing the rating...one must remember, we cannot compare what we had to what we have, but what we would have gotten to what we are getting. Nothing good could have come from further CBS ownership...another year or so under them and the place would have been a financial disaster of Hard Rock Park proportions, in my opinion.

Don't forget most of the brands that were in the park were not CBS's, but rather Viacom's. The real irony is that when the Viacom assets were divided between CBS and Viacom, CBS ended up with the theme parks as Viacom didn't want them (who knew?), and CBS was supposedly the low growth side of the house, and theme parks were seen as a mature, low growth industry. Then CBS decided to sell, Cedar Fair paid top dollar at the top of the market. I bet many at Viacom were less than pleased at that particular ending...and now Viacom is entering the theme park business, mostly by licensing, and mostly overseas.