Cedar Point Closing Day.

gigacoaster2k

I got to the SC lot around 9:15. My friend Bryan was nice enough to warn me the previous night that it was very cold, so I packed some extra shirts.. I'm glad I did. I had to wear 2 thermal tees, a tshirt, gloves, 2 layers of socks, and a hoodie to stay warm.

When the gates opened, I made a dash for Maverick(walk on), and got 2 rides in a row. I also hit MF, and got 2 rides in a row, also walk on. I sat in the back both times.

I hit the red side of Power Tower, walk on, and got a bad craving for TTD so I ran over there and rode it, but I had to wait forever because they were only loading 6 people per train to PREVENT rollbacks. :angry:

Then I hit Magnum, and rode twice in a row in ejector seat, another walk on.

I was going to hit TTD but the line was ugly and showing at an hour, so I hit the blue side of Power Tower, walk on.

I headed over to Wicked Twister and rode 3 times in a row in the second seat from the back on the right side. It was a walk on too.

I walked onto Maxair, and then hit Raptor, which was about a 15 minute wait. By this time I was starving to death so I ate, and headed back over to Millennium Force, 10 minute wait.

I went back over to Magnum and rode ejector again. I was walking away, saw my friend Ben and hung out with him on his break, then I hit Skyscraper, which had a buy one get one free deal. First ride was kind of eh, but it was still good.

I headed back over to TTD and they called out for a single rider for the front seat.. so I got to jump right on!! I rode it two more times because the line wasn't even to the bottom of the ramp. I rode in the second to back seat the last 2 times.

I hit Skyscraper one last time, and someone must have been leaning on the switch lol because I got a VERY intense ride, much better than the first. I am so glad I got to experience that this year.

Then I met up with my friends Kat and Garrett for the first time, and we rode Magnum twice in a row. We screamed all the way up the lift hill and everyone behind us was laughing. She is hilarious and a lot of fun. We hit TTD and decided to act like terrified first time riders, but we were laughing so hard.

The three of us decided to be stupid and ride Super Himalaya and scream our heads off like we were scared. The ride op was looking at us like we were on drugs. :lol:

After that we felt bad for Bryan and went to go visit him, who for some idiotic reason got assigned to work in the Town Hall for the last 2 hours of his shift (on closing day?? are you serious?). They left to ride Maverick and Skyhawk, I hung out with Bryan for a little bit, and then I got 3 rides in a row on MF before the queue closed, because they left the gate open.

As I was driving back around the peninsula, I rolled down my driver side window, blew a kiss and yelled I LOVE YOU to Maverick and MF.. yes, I know, I'm silly like that, but I just couldn't leave without saying the proper goodbyes. ;)

If any of you were there, and saw a girl with red hair tied up and a black KI hoodie, that was me.

Total rides: 28

MF - 6

TTD - 5

Magnum - 5

Wicked Twister - 3

Skyscraper - 2

Maverick - 2

Power Tower - 2

Raptor - 1

MaxAir - 1

Super Himalaya - 1

I always dread the point of time to leave, thats always sad .

I know. At one point toward the end of the afternoon, I was waiting for Kat and Garrett to get off Magnum so I could meet them for the first time. I looked up at Dragster gleaming in the fading sunlight as the train roared up the hill, and a seagull flew over. It was beautiful. It hit me then like a ton of bricks that this really was the last day, and it took everything I had to keep the tears from coming.

Anyone who's been there knows the feeling CP gives you, it's like your heart is being squeezed in a vice when you even think about what time to head home.

I was going to hit TTD but the line was ugly and showing at an hour, so I hit the blue side of Power Tower, walk on.

I'm not sure what you saw, but the line for TTD was never at an hour all weekend. For a good portion of the day on Sunday it was less than 30 minutes.

Yep...by the way, on one of the two trains they were using, only five people could board during those early morning Top Thrill runs...the right side restraint in row three was taped down with orange tape...

Two trains? They were running the normal 5 trains. And that was green train that had a bad restraint in row 3.

It was a great closing weekend, although a little cold. Ended with the final public train on Dragster.

I'm not sure what you saw, but the line for TTD was never at an hour all weekend. For a good portion of the day on Sunday it was less than 30 minutes.

The board was reading that around 11 am. Then again, at one point the board was reading 3/4 hour and the line wasn't even to the bottom of the ramp. :lol:

was Magnum running only two trains?

Yeah. They had the third train off to the side.

I also forgot to mention that at one point while I was in line for TTD toward the end of the night, they started playing the Maverick music in the queue. It was hilarious, everyone was like what the heck? :lol:

was Magnum running only two trains?

Yeah. They had the third train off to the side.

I also forgot to mention that at one point while I was in line for TTD toward the end of the night, they started playing the Maverick music in the queue. It was hilarious, everyone was like what the heck? :lol:

I bet that was hilarious lol.

I headed over to Wicked Twister and rode 3 times in a row in the second seat from the back on the right side. It was a walk on too.

So I have to ask...you walked around, right??

I only ask because at KI on closing day (where I was at), I was changing seats after my rides without walking back around, and I wasn't sure if you attempted that on WT when you say "3 times in a row"??

Terpy, who was sorely tempted to try dog bone cookies at Joe Cool's Cafe, but by then was stuffed with what is in his opinion by far the bestest pizza of any park in Ohio (sorry, Cinci fans...)

No offense, the KI Larosa's (while still good) is nowhere near as good as any outside of the park locations, such as the nearby Landen one.

Terpy, who was sorely tempted to try dog bone cookies at Joe Cool's Cafe, but by then was stuffed with what is in his opinion by far the bestest pizza of any park in Ohio (sorry, Cinci fans...)

No offense, the KI Larosa's (while still good) is nowhere near as good as any outside of the park locations, such as the nearby Landen one.

Maketh no difference to me. There is no sugar in the sauce for Chuckwagon pizza, and the cheese is of the utmost quality....Dorney Park and Cedar Point Chuckwagon pizza (NOT the crap they normally serve at Patio Pizza up front by Raptor) have the very best park pizza I have ever et...but that's just my opinion.

• 2 months later...