selling of alcohol

HoundDog

When did KI start allowing alcohol to be served and consumed park wide. It seems some years back they had designated areas. The drinking issue seems to have gotten out of hand. On several visits this year..I have seen problems with unruly drunks and security. I actually saw a guy on The Beast during Haunt, throw his beer bottle and hit a woman in the head..spilling beer all over her. While security was dealing with this model citizen..a call came over for them to deal with another drunk elsewhere in the park. It seems KI as gotten away from the family park mentality..and it's a free for all now...drunkeness...people smoking where ever they choose. Then you add all the little teeny boppers running around dressed like hookers. It's getting to where I hate taking my kids anymore. 2009 will be the first year since 1986 that I haven't had a season pass.

The designated area rule did leave when Cedar Fair purchased the park, and ryan you are right about the alcohol in lines. Unfortunately, this is a reflection of society now. I think there should be a dress code-the way some of these kids dress, or lack of is a problem. Don't let that prevent you from coming to the park-it is a work in progress. I was gone for 20 years from the park when I moved out of state and a lot of things changed-I think it's going in the right direction, but it will take time to undo some of the bad policies that were in place for years. I have seen some improvement from last year myself.

So it seems you think they wouldn't have drunks if they can only drink in designated areas.

You actually saw a guy on The Beast during Haunt, throw his beer bottle and hit a woman in the head..spilling beer all over her. When you said that

and the mods seen it they should have deleted your post. You could have added that he stood up on The Beast to throw it, that would have made it even more believable.

So it seems you think they wouldn't have drunks if they can only drink in designated areas.

You actually saw a guy on The Beast during Haunt, throw his beer bottle and hit a woman in the head..spilling beer all over her. When you said that

and the mods seen it they should have deleted your post. You could have added that he stood up on The Beast to throw it, that would have made it even more believable.

**** happens-some people are jerks and alcohol makes it worse. I can tell you the story of an approximately 12 year old kid standing up on KCKC and urinating from the top of the lift hill-true story!!

**** happens-some people are jerks and alcohol makes it worse. I can tell you the story of an approximately 12 year old kid standing up on KCKC and urinating from the top of the lift hill-true story!!

HAHAA

:lol: :lol:

Well, as I recall - in either 1992 or 1993 the park entered a form of prohibition. Prior to that, the polciy was much like is now, open sale of beer on the midways and restaurants, and drink it if you got it.

Then Black Sunday 1991 occured - three fatalities in the park on the same night in two totally unrelated incidents. Alcohol was beleived to be a contributing factor in both.

So in 1992 (or was it 1993) the park instituted an alcohol-free policy with a couple exceptions - the International Restaurant could still serve alcohol, but said drinks could not leave the International Restaurant, and group sales could still have beer in the picnic groves (yes there were two before Invertigo). - As long as the beer remained in the picnic grove. But to the average day guest or season passholder who didn't want to walk up to the IR, it was virtually prohibition. They even went as far as renaming the Biergratren "Oktoberfest Gardens"

IIRC, it didn't take that many seasons for it to crack. I beleive the Festhaus was the first place to crack, with the rule that beer had to remain in the Festhaus, this was shortly followed by Wings (alchohol allowed either inside Wings or on the outdoor patio it had before it fell to group sales in trade for Shady Maple. They had to fence around that outdoor dining area and made it where you had to exit through Wings, much like a restaurant outdoor diiing area. Then Oktoberfest Gardens had alchohol come back served from a small stand where Lt. Dan's bar is now with snetries stationed at all exits to the outdoor dining patio. Perhaps the bridge over Oktoberfest Lake was removed at aroun that time as well.

Overtime more and more stands received their beer kegs back with the desingated alcohol zones. Cedar Fair has seemed to not only eliminate the alcohol free zones, but has seemed to be adding beer carts along the midway, so everything is coming full circle.

Oh, and I think Haunt may not be the best time to judge the patrons of the park. Haunt is NOT a family friendly event, and it attracts an awful lot of unsupervised high school and college students. To some dressing goth or simlar is all a part of the dark Haunt experience. It's a totally different crowd, a bit rougher around the edges than normal, but also a demographic willing to spend money, which is what the Haunt is really about after all.

This actually happened. The ride ops allowed the man to ride..when the train pulled into the station they lifted all the bars except his. When the platform was clear..security swooped in on him.

A dress code at Halloween Haunt? Did you go through Club Blood?

Well, my feeling on that and dead awakening are known, and for a different forum. I saw one of the club blood girls going to work on the colder night, and the jeers and whispering she endured on the way to the employee entrance angered me...and some of the whispering and laughing came from a group of volunteers.

I drink at the park but never to where I am not in controll of my-self.

Same here. I like to have a few drinks every now and then, and when I do consume them in the presence of people I don't know, I take drinks from it in a ladylike fashion. If I do get a little sloshed, I mostly laugh and joke, I do not act like an imbecile.

I smoke too, but even in designated smoking areas I never blow smoke toward anyone's face or flick my ashes in their direction regardless if they are a smoker or not. I also put out my cig butt and dispose of it properly.

People really need to learn manners, and it disgusts me when people act otherwise.

Don't get me started on smoking etiquette. Some people have absolutely no respect for anything. Prime example: the butts laying on the ground UNDER the ashtray(?).

I also don't have a problem with drinking in the park. It's just like windshawne put it. They're asses sober too. The booze just deteriorates the filter a bit.

I haven't really noticed a difference from pre-all-over drinking to current policy. Those who were determined to get drunk just did so within the confines of the allowed areas. I actually think it might be better because rather than chugging down the beers while in the designated areas, they can leisurely carry them around with them, so they may actually drink less. Theoretically, at least.

I drink at the park but never to where I am not in controll of my-self.

Same here. I like to have a few drinks every now and then, and when I do consume them in the presence of people I don't know, I take drinks from it in a ladylike fashion. If I do get a little sloshed, I mostly laugh and joke, I do not act like an imbecile.

I smoke too, but even in designated smoking areas I never blow smoke toward anyone's face or flick my ashes in their direction regardless if they are a smoker or not. I also put out my cig butt and dispose of it properly.

People really need to learn manners, and it disgusts me when people act otherwise.

I enjoy a few drinks myself, but I don't like paying $7.00 for a cup of beer!!! Therefore, I think I had two, maybe three, beers at the park this season. I smoke as well, but only in designated areas. Usually while my kids ride nearby rides..... And I absolutely hate it when others who choose to smoke do not show the same respect!!!

I have seen minors ( or what I assume to be minors) drinking in the park. I actually saw one guy at the old Beirgarten buy two beers and give one to a presumably underage kid. I think they may have been brother..one was early 20's...the other was probably about 15.

Well, as I recall - in either 1992 or 1993 the park entered a form of prohibition.

So in 1992 (or was it 1993) the park instituted an alcohol-free policy with a couple exceptions - the International Restaurant could still serve alcohol, but said drinks could not leave the International Restaurant, and group sales could still have beer in the picnic groves (yes there were two before Invertigo). - As long as the beer remained in the picnic grove. But to the average day guest or season passholder who didn't want to walk up to the IR, it was virtually prohibition. They even went as far as renaming the Biergratren "Oktoberfest Gardens"

Then Oktoberfest Gardens had alchohol come back served from a small stand where Lt. Dan's bar is now with snetries stationed at all exits to the outdoor dining patio. Perhaps the bridge over Oktoberfest Lake was removed at aroun that time as well.

I worked in Oktoberfest Gardens 1992-1993. We served beer that entire time. In the front of the building we sold Hudy Delight and Little Kings. At Back Bar, as it was known then, later to become Lt. Dan's, we sold the same two beers plus wine coolers. There were no "sentries" posted at the exits to limit people exiting the patio with beer, nor did we instruct people to keep it on the patio when they bought it. The patio restriction came later. If I remember correctly, the only other places one could get beer those years were Columbia Palace, International Restaurant and Festhaus. I remember that because some were unhappy with the brands we sold, and we had to direct them as to where they could get their Budweiser and Miller products.

... I saw one of the club blood girls going to work on the colder night, and the jeers and whispering she endured on the way to the employee entrance angered me...and some of the whispering and laughing came from a group of volunteers.

That's too bad. Having worked Club Blood, I know the girls got quite a few looks from people on Saturdays as we passed through Action Zone on the way to Club Blood, but I never overheard anything negative. I sure there probably were some mean things said, but most of the reactions I saw from people were pretty positive.

The year before I started working at the park was the last year that the park actually had Beer Carts in the park. The year I started, the serving of beer was pulled into the actual food stands. Stands that served Beer & Alcohol were: International Restaurant, Festhaus, Cafe Kilamonjaro, Munchen Tower, Beer Gardens, Rivertown Potato Works, Columbia Plalace, Tower Drinks, TimberWolf and Cafe Mexicana.

That worked very well.

A dress code at Halloween Haunt? Did you go through Club Blood?

Well, my feeling on that and dead awakening are known, and for a different forum. I saw one of the club blood girls going to work on the colder night, and the jeers and whispering she endured on the way to the employee entrance angered me...and some of the whispering and laughing came from a group of volunteers.

I am somewhat guilty of that. I did make a comment while in Club Blood..something to the affect of WOW!...I wasn't crude to the young gal...but I let it be known that I was more turned on than frightened..lol. She was a very nice looking girl..with long dark hair..AND BOY COULD SHE DANCE!