You Can't Keep a Good Rider Down

Beast1979

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You don't think the QBot is worth the money BECAUSE the park will be busy?

My head hurts....

Almost every TR I have read from Mid November on shows Dollywood with very short lines.

Beast1979 I hope you have a great time at Dollywood. We have always wanted to visit Dollywood.too so I will be looking forward to your report when you get back. Until then have a safe trip.

Thank you, I will try my best to cover the place well.

On the Saturday before Thanksgiving?

And the beginning of Smokey Mountain Christmas?

Guess again....

Crowds are non-existent in early November, but once that event begins, Saturdays are no different than Saturdays at Kings Island....true, many of the guests are only interested in the shows, but not to the extent that used to be true...

I'm just saying for $15 you get a premier experience...do know you cannot decide later in the day. Only a limited amount of Q-Bots are available, and when they are gone, they are gone. No more. Then again, if you are going to do the scavenger hunt (against very experienced, highly knowledgeable Dollywood fans), you probably won't have time to do much riding except during the ERT's anyway....

I'm just saying for $15 you get a premier experience...do know you cannot decide later in the day. Only a limited amount of Q-Bots are available, and when they are gone, they are gone. No more. Then again, if you are going to do the scavenger hunt (against very experienced, highly knowledgeable Dollywood fans), you probably won't have time to do much riding except during the ERT's anyway....

With rides like Mystery Mine, Tennesse Tornado, and Thunderhead, and the fact that this is a new park for me and my last trip of the year, you bet I'm gonna do some riding!

I for one say forget the scavanger hunt and experience the beauty that is DollyWood, not to mention an excelent collection of rides and coasters.

Fire in the Hole

I agree. Oh, can't forget Blazing Fury. Which, for me is still a mystery as to what exactly to expect!

Expect a great ride although some groups that keep track of such things, will debate if you receive credit or not for said ride.

The most underated ride at the park besides Smokey Mountain Sidewinder. I would not expect many ACE'rs to make the hike to ride it.

What's Smokey Mountain Sidewinder?

Oh, they will...they get ERT on it...probably with the lights on....

Uhhh....The last time I checked the scheduale it said nothing about ERT on it....

Ahhhh...hadn't looked at this year's schedule...that's what I get for assuming....

In any event, Blazing Fury is well worth the trek...and I think Trooper Mom would love it!

Trooper Mom doesn't even ride AE anymore, when she rode The Racer with some of the actors from one of her favorite TV shows leading she vowed it was a great way to end her riding.

During this event; will all coasters (including the kiddie one (i need more coaster credit)) stay open?

I'd assume so, and are you going?

Maybe, if i can talk my mom into taking me. Most likely we'd leave Friday afternoon get there late Friday Night. Maybe go do stuff for a little bit Friday night then Saturday morning we'd go to Dollywood and get in all the coasters and major attractions. After that we would most likely go do stuff in the area like go on mountains or something? And we would probably leave Sunday morning.

It's not listed on Dollywood.com, and it also says you'll get wet on Blazing Fury....

lol well it is themed after a town on fire, alot of the attraction here involve water (well they did in the summer)

I actually think Blazing Fury is better than Thunderhead.... but hey thats just me. ;)

One does not visit Dollywood for the purpose of Coaster Credits.

If you do, you are missing essence of what the park offers.

He's right that park is so much different compared to most, so much to do other than "Roller Coasters"

I know enough to know I can't possibly know without knowing what the weather will be, what groups may or may not come to the park that day, how the current economic crunch will affect or not affect many peoples' plans, etc. That being said, I'd expect moderate to heavy crowds Saturday, with the crowd size building as the day goes on, with much fewer people on Friday and Sunday....especially Friday. Note the park does not open until 1 on Friday and Sunday....