You Can't Keep a Good Rider Down

Beast1979

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love Dollywood i have been to the park itself and Splash Country as i do not live to o terribly far away. Sadly though i have not been down there since they have put in Thunderhead and Mystery Mine but i loved Tennesee Tornado and i rode it 12 times in a row i think. Definately one of the best steel coasters out there, especially coming from Arrow.

Confirmation E-Mail!

Dollywood Smoky Mountain Coasterfest Confirmation

Thank you for registering for the ACE Southeast Smoky Mountain Coasterfest event to be held this Saturday, November 22, at Dollywood in Pigeon Forge, TN. There are 100 people registered for the event from all over the country, and even a few from Canada. This note is your one and only confirmation that an envelope will be waiting for you when you arrive at the park.

Check will be start at 9 AM Eastern Time at the Group Sales gazebo to the right of the main ticket sales area. Please note that ALL Dollywood parking traffic is now routed through the entrance on McCarter Hollow Road just off Veterans Boulevard as the Dollywood Lane entrance is CLOSED to all traffic. (Follow the signs to Dollywood.) Everything you need to know about Dollywood, including parking, is listed on the extensive web site: http://www.Dollywood.com

At registration you will receive your admission ticket*, ERT wristband, and name tag (bring your favorite lanyard or we will provide one for you). *If you took advantage of the Season Pass discount be sure to bring it with you as the admission ticket will not be included in your packet. Arrivals after 9:30 AM will find their packets at the Group Sales booth, the farthest right in the entrance plaza. A map of the park is available for downloading in advance from http://hfeimages.aristotle.net/General/DW/GuideMapCh08.pdf Note that is you purchased an admission ticket it can be used as a credit to upgrade to a 2009 Season Pass during the day at the park.

Our goal on Saturday is to think 40+! The park cannot run any of the roller coasters if the temperature is 40 degrees or below. Sad to say but this year looks colder than ever, however there are plenty of attractions and activities to enjoy in the park without worrying about the temperature. The decision of the park concerning night time ERT will be announced at the hot cocoa reception at 8:30 PM.

One tip that you may want to consider is to use the park's Q2Q system for reserving both shows and rides. The prices at Dollywood are $10 (plus tax) for the first person; $5 (plus tax) for each additional member of your party using the same Q-bot. One Q-bot is valid for a maximum of six people. Q-Bots are reserved at Q2Q booth in the corner of the Imagination Theater (home to the Polar Express). From the main entrance go right, and then take the first right over the bridge. Q2Q Q-Bot rentals are also eligible for a Gold or Super Gold Season Pass discount.

At 9:30 AM the last group will be walked back to begin our ERT on Blazing Fury. While the first 30 minutes will be as the ride was intended (with new train carriages for 2008), during the last 30 minutes of ERT the ride will be running with the lights on, a very special treat.

After the morning ERT session has concluded we will pose for the group photo near the entrance of Tennessee Tornado, at the entrance to the new Wilderness Pass area. After the photo we will distribute the annual Dollywood Scavenger Hunt Questionnaire. Please bring a pen or pencil with you to participate in an activity with fabulous prizes provided by the park. Dollywood will open at 10:00 AM, however the back sections of the park do not open completely until later and you are welcome to explore the open sections of the park at leisure.

At 11:30 AM please plan on being at the Showstreet Palace Theater (opposite the main park entrance) for our exclusive VIP seating for the park's popular "Christmas in the Smokies" show. One of the special treats of the Season are the holiday shows at the park, and you can download the complete schedule for the day from http://hfeimages.aristotle.net/General/DW/Eguide2.pdf

After the show you're on your own to find the Scavenger Hunt answers, ride the rides, see some shows, shop, eat, explore, and enjoy the special feeling in the mountains that is Dollywood's Smoky Mountain Christmas. Sunset is at 5:23 PM so by 6 PM the Christmas lights will be shining brightly throughout the park.

If you are participating in the Scavenger Hunt please bring your completed questionnaire to the Lumber Camp restaurant (opposite Timber Tower) at 7:00 PM.

Our pre-ERT hot cocoa reception will be at the Lumber Camp starting at 8:30 PM. Prizes will be awarded for the hunt, and announcements will be made - included the status of the night time ERT session. ERT is scheduled for one hour on both Mystery Mine and Thunderhead, and in the past while it was nail biting close on the temperatures we successfully hosted the sessions. But dress warm - those hills of Thunderhead are pretty cold when exposed to bare skin.

As with all ACE events, while the park will endeavor to provide ride times and the rides listed, inclement weather, equipment problems or other unforeseen circumstances may affect this schedule. Sorry, but no refunds or exchanges. Admission to the park, the reception and ERT session are included in your registration fee. The payment of registration fees by, for or on behalf of participants releases and holds harmless the American Coaster Enthusiasts, Inc. and its Officers, Directors, Executive Committee Members and representatives from any and all liabilities related to those activities. Members of ACE are expected to abide by the club’s code of conduct at all times during the event, and members are also responsible for the conduct of non-member guests.

Thanks again for registering for our event this Saturday, And so you know who to thank on Saturday, this event could not be possible without the cooperation of the management and staff of Dollywood, and the hard work of ACE Southeast Assistant Regional Representative, Matthew Lambert.

Let me know if you have any questions - otherwise I'll see you at the park on Saturday.

Robert Ulrich

Regional Representative

American Coaster Enthusiasts

Southeast Region

PS. If you would like to get together with a group to enjoy a session on the Zorb track on Sunday, please get with Matthew Lambert prior to or during the group photo. There is a standard discount for groups of 3, and perhaps we can get individuals together with others who are also interested in enjoying this one-of-a-kind in the United States activity.

Sounds like a jam packed day. Right now forcast calls for 47 Degree high, compared to a couple of weeks ago when it was 63.

^^Best of luck!! Even my mom in Tampa had to break out the "winter" coat recently down there!! I hope the temps work out for you, and don't forget the camera!

I won't forget it! I pack my bags tonight!

Have fun! Please cure the rollercoaster withdrawl for all of us there!

I will make sure to help out all of you guys.

Do not and I must restate again, Do Not miss the shows and events at DollyWood. If you go to only ride coasters (which are great) you have greatly missused your time in the park.

Trust me you will thank me latter.

Fire in the Hole.

We plan to see the show with the rest of the group, and we'll try our best not to miss the other stuff.

And note that even Mr. Ulrich strongly encouraged you to acquire a Q-Bot. It should be strongly considered....five dollars can mean the difference between a VERY enjoyable visit and a very frustrating one.

He also cited a 40 degree restriction on the coasters.

You read it here first.

I wonder how THAT happened?

:)

I am pretty sure I am getting a QBot. If it means the difference between a 40 minute wait and a 5 minute wait then heck, why not?