Trip Today 9/29/02

fyrfyter

I went to the park today, since it is the first time in almost a month that it has been open to the public. It was great! The temperature was perfect, and there weren't a ton of people in the park. Most rides had to wait only about 5 to 10 mins to ride, except for the popular ones, which were no more than an hour. There is movement on KC's old site, in the form of bulldozers, which are clearing away the old pilings that supported KC, and they have begun digging and lowering the level of the land. some cranes have also appeared in the area near water works. wonder why? Apparently, also, work has begun on the phantom theater (or should I say scooby doo) building, as most of the items on the outside of the strucutre have been removed, and if you take the trail through HBL to where the picnic shelters are, and look over the fence, the old gray cars from phantom theater are currently being stored there. Didin't get any pics but had a great time, riding all the excellent rides. Top Gun is very slow, in terms of moving people, and one can only hope they find another train for next season. Perfect weather for rollercoasters!

Went on Beast, but didn't notice it running slower. TR was broken when we wanted to ride it, so we rode Beast first and TR second. I think that the other flat we are supposedly getting, could also fit in the KC area, and give KI the opportunity, to add another walkway between Action Zone and FoF.

From a traffic point of view, it would make sense. They could theme it out and also make it aesthetically pleasing. You would be able to go from Face/Off, TG, Delirium, DZ, AE & SOB to FoF, and then Cut over to Vortex, TR, and Beast. Pratically, hitting all the major rides in one straight shot aorund the perimeter of the park.

Well... I still haven't given up on a new path... i think there will almost definately be one from the TG/SOB queues down to coney next to slingshot... for a scenic view of the frisbee and stuff... The frisbee is definately going in the kc spot, as there is a sign up in front of the fence.

• 10 years later...

I bump, why you ask? Well I was looking back at some old post, wondering what was talked about 10 "back in the day", not surprised to see that for at least 10 years, perhaps longer, people have been asking for another pack connecting either X Base w/ Action Zone or coney mall w/ Action Zone. And some people think SOB is the topic that never goes away :)

• Like 4

• 6 years later...