Top Gun/arrow Dynamics Status

fyrfyter

Does anyone know what the status is of Arrow Dynamics? Are they still in bankruptcy filing or have things gotten better for the company now that X is back up and functional? Just a question. Anyone that has any news regarding the future plans for Top Gun, and Arrow Dynamics please help me out. I would very much like to see Top Gun again with two trains, so it speeds the queues up a bunch, and gets its capacity back up to 100 percent. Arrow's website is less than helpful, and I cannot find any new news on Arrow's or Top Gun's future plans.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vekoma Floorless suspended trains can work Arrow suspendeds, with no track fixing. Well that's the case with Vampire, I am fairly sure that the same would be with Top Gun, but I would prefer just a new regular Arrow train, I'm sure anyone could make it for the right price, however.

Kinda on a side note, but right after the "accident" I was riding, and there was a maintenece man up in the station. As he was walking by my, I stopped him and asked him why they were only running one train. He said "the other train is having technical difficulties" I asked if these difficulties involved a truck. he told me that was all he could say, and left the station trying not to laugh. It was quite funny. I guess that you had to be there.

~Jovian~

Well, it is quite simple with the maintenance man as in any employee of the park. Ther worker obviously picks and chooses who he tells what. There are plenty of times where I've chosen not to tell people stuff because they would have a fit. There are other times where I told a person the exact problem because I know they wouldn't care and they think it's cool. Just depends on how you act and look on what someone might tell ya.

One can only hope that they get another train from Arrow or some other park, or opt for the Vekoma Retrofit of floorless trains. I think the Vekoma retro fit would be sweet, considering Top Gun's hourly capacity is better than Face/Off, and then we would have two coasters that are floorless.

I dunno, building out there in the woods, right next to SOB would suck with a new ride, cause you would have to build soemthing that sticks up in front of SOB and if it wasn't terribly tall, it would look orphaned, compared to if they built it back behind FOF and made it taller than the FOF building and taller than The Racer, which could still keep the ride height down, since those coasters aren't terribly high.

First off, your link doesn't work, as it is well outdated. Secondly, this has no bearing on this discussion. This coaster was built in 1984 by Arrow Dynamics, and was suppsoed to get rotated through to another park after 3 years. Top Gun was installed in 1993, 9 years later than this, thus time has proven better technology. Top Gun goes much faster than this coaster, and does have a drop, and not two lift hills. I don't see what this ride has to do with this discussion, other than a possible source for getting a new train

If you want to see the ride, here is the functional link:

http://www.sixflagshouston.com/xlr8.html

Guest pki crew 01-02

well d buddy i dont think theese people really get it any way . they just think they do. we have worked here for a few years so we would know the reasoning behind most of the park,, and the backwards train would make the ride about 10 times better,

You all have lost your marbles. Look at these two pictures and tell me which cars are in fact facing backwards! If you look at the OSTR's, they are all arcing towards the front of the train, which means ALL the cars are facing forward!

http://www.sixflagshouston.com/sfaw/xlr8/xlr84.jpg

http://www.sixflagshouston.com/sfaw/xlr8/xlr88.jpg