Want to be in a Kings Island Show? 2009 Auditions are going on NOW!

Dane

Kings Island is seeking trained, talented and versatile actors, singers, dancers, variety artists, characters, character cohorts, musicians, technicians and costumers for our 2009 entertainment season. We strongly encourage participation from all cultural backgrounds! We will be casting for a wide range of exciting opportunities for our upcoming 2009 season.

Please note that you will only be required to audition once at the location of your choice.

Auditions will be held at the following locations:

Wednesday, November 12

Ball State University - Irving Gym - Room 8

5:00pm - Vocalists, Actors, Musicians, Characters and Technicians (Percussionists must bring their own drum set).

7:00pm - Dancers

Thursday, November 6 & 13

Kings Island

5:00pm - Vocalists, Actors, Musicians, Characters and Technicians (Drum set provided).

7:30pm - Dancers

Friday, November 7 & 14

Kings Island

5:00pm - Vocalists, Actors, Musicians, Characters and Technicians (Drum set provided).

7:30pm - Dancers

Saturday, November 8 & 15

Kings Island

10:00am - Vocalists, Actors, Musicians, Characters and Technicians (Drum set provided).

2:00pm - Dancers

Sunday, November 9 & 16

Kings Island

10:00am - Vocalists, Actors, Musicians, Characters and Technicians (Drum set provided).

2:00pm - Dancers

If you have any questions please call 513-754-5740

Too bad I live two hours away and my drum set isn't worth putting back together and dragging it to Ball State. Drumming in a KI show would be a lot of fun.

If you are interested, I would call the entertainment office and see if they are going to be looking for live musicians. It has been on their poster for years, including this past year, and they hired none this year.

Experience isn't always the most important thing. Availability, the will to want to learn, and an extremely good work ethic are more important. Plus, wanting to get into the field also helps. Just know that you will start at the bottom, and will need to work your way up (just like anywhere else). It is important to know that there is a lot more to be a tech than just running 4-5 shows a day. There are always opportunities for more experience like concerts, special events, 4th of July, Haunt, etc.

Experience isn't always the most important thing. Availability, the will to want to learn, and an extremely good work ethic are more important. Plus, wanting to get into the field also helps. . . .

Talent is also required. Just a for instance....Old Terpy could easily have had availability, the will to want to learn and an extremely good worth ethic...and would want to get into the field...but old Terpy had and has all the dramatic and musical talent of the average boulder...actually, less...Boulders usually don't annoy people with their efforts to sing and/or dance.

Tee hee....(now, don't ask about logic, writing ability or analysis...as Terpy will NOT tell you he has no talent in those areas...rather, he will talk your ear off...)

• 3 weeks later...

You are not going to get ahold of anyone right now at the park, as I believe most of the staff...including full timers, are actually on break away from the park now.

The park is auditioning instrumentalists during the Entertainment Auditions, I belive this also includes brass instruments. With the success of the Clown Band reunions at the park this year, I would not be too surprised if the park tried to throw something similar together for next season.