Who works where?

2oo64ever

^^Hey, btw, though I didn't ride it a ton, a major thanks to the Avatar crew this season for always being cool about letting me "wait for" the "prime" seat(s) on Avatar!!

I mean, the queue isn't really designed for people to wait when it's supposed to be their turn to go into one of those holding bays, so I greatly do appreciate it!! :)

(unlike those Fahrenheit jerks at Hershey!! You would have thought it was 1940's Germany!! <_< Though I did eventually ride in every seat)

^^Or are you part of the actual sales booth itself??

And FWIW, in middle school on KI trips, all the girls would buy those things, and growing up I've been very surprised by the amount of KI photo key chains I've seen!!

Plus, I think in middle school my family bought one too...so I mean, people buy 'em, and if they didn't, I presume they wouldn't sell them...but seriously, when I go to KI with a guy friend, PLEASE don't ask two dudes if they wanna pic together!! If two guys did, I presume they would seek a photog out!

I very seldom buy pictures from the various photo venues at KI, unless it is a special occasion/event. I know the only reason why they offer them is to make money but in my opinion they hinder their full sales potential. Some times I like a picture at a ride, but quickly think do I want to pay money to carry a photo around all day and what if I damage it before we leave, so as soon as those thoughts enter my mind, I walk away. It would be nice if they offered for guests to pick them up on their way out at the keyhole kiosk (or a merchandise shop up front to entice further sales) on their way out in a line designated for ride photo pick-ups. Then another way to boost photo sales is to offer a set price for all photos on a CD (rides & park photos). If they order the CD they could go home and adjust the photos and add borders then have KI send them the completed CD with additional cost for shipping and HANDLEING.

They must make some money selling photos at KI, but under the current structure it does little to entice me to purchase photos and believe it or not I am very interested on family keep sake photos.

I very seldom buy pictures from the various photo venues at KI, unless it is a special occasion/event. I know the only reason why they offer them is to make money but in my opinion they hinder their full sales potential. Some times I like a picture at a ride, but quickly think do I want to pay money to carry a photo around all day and what if I damage it before we leave, so as soon as those thoughts enter my mind, I walk away. It would be nice if they offered for guests to pick them up on their way out at the keyhole kiosk (or a merchandise shop up front to entice further sales) on their way out in a line designated for ride photo pick-ups. Then another way to boost photo sales is to offer a set price for all photos on a CD (rides & park photos). If they order the CD they could go home and adjust the photos and add borders then have KI send them the completed CD with additional cost for shipping and HANDLEING.

They must make some money selling photos at KI, but under the current structure it does little to entice me to purchase photos and believe it or not I am very interested on family keep sake photos.

That is an excellent idea. Case in point, I was really tempted to purchase a picture of my girl and I on The Beast this past May. It was the first time we had ridden the ride together, but it was pouring the rain and didn't want to risk ruining the photo. In addition, we rode the log flume 2 times that night since we were already soaked. I think a purchase on the spot, pick-up on the way out system would work wonderfully.

~Josh

I know that this is totally off topic but following conversation, what if they were to hand out tickets (like the keyhole photos) to those that were interested and at the end of the day they could get the pics at the kiosk. So you wouldn't have to remember numbers or waste time trying to find your pic.

Just a thought or maybe that is what you guys are already saying.

Well the Cincinnati Reds do something very awesome. When my Dad and I went to opening day this year, we got our picture taken out front, then received our ticket with id# and web address. Once we got home we were able to log on, see our photo and purchase if we wanted. All kinds of different purchasing options and they would send it right to us via usps. Very awesome and efficient system, I think KI could really make a killing with a system like that.

^^Here's the difference...the schemester's in Central Park immediately leave you alone as soon as you decline their watch sales offer. BUT other bums in other cities like Nashville, Memphis, Seattle, Portland, San Fran, Flagstaff, etc., will follow you around even after saying no to giving them money.

Some keyhole photog's immediately leave you alone, but others are more persisent/agressive, and those I do despise!

Well the Cincinnati Reds do something very awesome. When my Dad and I went to opening day this year, we got our picture taken out front, then received our ticket with id# and web address. Once we got home we were able to log on, see our photo and purchase if we wanted. All kinds of different purchasing options and they would send it right to us via usps. Very awesome and efficient system, I think KI could really make a killing with a system like that.

The Columbus Blue Jackets do exactly the same thing. You can also choose different borders.

Whenever I walk by the photographers at KI I always politely say, "No thanks." However, I feel bad every time I do it. I have been thinking that it wouldn't be too hard just to stand still for about five seconds so they can take my picture.

You can purchase them on the Internet after you leave the park. Just save the pink ticket and the website is at the bottom. I did that two years ago with a special picture and gave it to someone as a Christmas gift. It went over very well.

Same system that Disney uses. You get a single card and the photographer scans the number into the system with your pictures. you can see them there or at home for a period of time.

Same system that Disney uses. You get a single card and the photographer scans the number into the system with your pictures. you can see them there or at home for a period of time.

I still have my Disney photopass. :D If all my friends and I had been in the same car on Test Track, I'd have probably bought the photo. I thought the system was really cool, only one thing to keep track of and the ability to go get it later. KI has had the online system for many years, I have a picture with a big group of friends from the 2003 season that I got online. I'd love to see Cedar Fair start doing something like the photopass where you can add your on-ride photos as well. I know I'd have loved to have had our picture from front seat on Millennium Force but we didn't have the money at the time.

Wishful thinking but I would love it if KI offered a photo pass type system too and even offer season pass holders a set price for season long photos on CD. I would buy.

Speaking of Disney Photo Pass we just got ours yesterday, we had about 325 pictures taken by Disney (which if we didn’t I would never be in a picture) but after we added borders and cropping of some we ended up with 746 pictures. It cost us $99.00 for all the pictures on a CD with the rights to them, which even includes the shipping and handling.

Below are 3 pictures of Test Track on ride photos.

First is the original

0_0_585e69ab16c21a33a006f1fd4245a425_1.j

Second one with the border added.

0_0_5ab6be5f14f1aaddf0c06630f1d3854f_1.j

Last one is a copy of the original with cropping and borders added.

0_0_cf565fb32fed9acc0b0f352cd85d8e1d_1.j

Seriously I would buy a photo CD from KI if they offered it on a daily basis or a more expensive seasonal one. Here is to hoping.

Haha wow did not mean to turn this into the keyhole photo thread! But we do hand out the cards with the numbers on them, and you are able to purchase the photos online as well as in stores. And actually Keyhole photo isn't owned by the park, they are a private vendor run by Kaman's art shoppes, who also does all the portrait, facepaint, airbrush, and henna stands throughout the park. Ad they don't only do photos for the park, as somone sayed earlier we do the reds game, along with lots of zoos, like Cincinnati and Columbus, as well as multiple other major amusment parks across the country. Thank you for the pity, but it's really not that bad of a job at all! On slow days you are pretty much payed to stand there and talk to your friends with a camera in hand, although saturdays and special event days are pretty crazy. But I find that most of the time people are very polite in saying no, and the second I realize someone isn't interested I try to just drop it, and tell them to enjoy the park. I mean of course you do have the occasional rude group or whatever, but you just learn to let rudness and rejection not effect you anymore. But answering a question asked earlier I actually work at both the stands and taking photos, I don't think I could live if I only did one or the other, they both have their dull/frustrating moments.