New Beast

teenageninja

Well we sure have seen alot of changes on our Beast this year, but their are a couple bones I have to pick. First they added a NEW break half way through the season, it doesn't hurt the ride any, except the feel of the grab, isn't there some way to make it not feel like it's being grabbed, move it up maybe or something. Also, the breaks have been turned up it seems, it was running really slow Sunday morning, and I am pretty upset, isn't there anything they can do to run it with just midcourse breaks on. PKI and Jeff I know your reading this PLEASE fix The Beast to it's old glory, turn down the breaks and reinforce the supports with steel, it may cost you money, but please fix our Beast.

So what do you guys think about this?

• Like 1

If they can get The Beast back up to the way it was running at the beginning of the season, that'd be great. I got some of the fastest Beast rides since the 80's ,that I can remember, on the ol' Beast this year. The new brakes grab you hard, but they're a small price to pay for the boost in speed from last year.

Or just plain new trains, get some PTC's with double sided lap bars, or give us the ankle bars like on Flight of Fear, but for god's sake fix those wretched, satanic pain machines, also the tunnels and trees would be very welcome by me.

I agree with you there. The trains they have for SOB really beat the crap outta ya. New restraints or even new trains would be a godsend. :)

Guest TombRaidersthebest

Yeah I totally agree my dad went on it and he's really tall and he had to go to the doctor becouse his knees where hitting the car he cant go on it anymore and he loved it. He already had bad knees but hes ok now exept hes disappionted. :( I dont blame him.

• 9 years later...

....Turns Out, New Cars were, essentially, the Death of SOB.. Lighter cars = No Loop which took ALOT away from this Coaster,,,

There are many things that led to SoB's death: design, plan, loop, contractor(s), investment, materials.

The lighter cars were actually an attept to save it.

• Like 1

Coming from someone with very little engineering knowledge, I have always wondered if they were to reprofile and reinforce some of The Beast's turns and put some lighter, more modern trains on it, the ride wouldn't need the trim brakes (or as many at least) anymore. I guess if it were as simple as that, they would have already done it by now...

I like the current configuration of the trains. If you were to go with smaller trains, you'd have to redesign the station, re-calibrate the brakes, change the sensors, and you'd lose a wheel seat (a la Son of Beast). If you were to remove trims, you'd have to reprofile the track every year due to the wear and tear on the track.

Furthermore, I think it would kill the pacing to not have the brakes in the brake shed. If the trims were removed there, what do you have? A boring piece of raised up straight track. You could replace it with airtime hills, but I'd prefer to stay as close to the original 1979 Beast as we can.

Thank you!