Phantom Theatre Parts

Bob Dole

I just took a look at the ride through video posted above, and unfortunately, the giant mouse is about 95% out of frame and the camera blurs right as it passes that scene.  However, I managed to catch a brief glimpse of it.  It looks like it was in the same scene as the sentinel with the projection face.  To the right of him are some wooden crates and the mouse comes up from behind them and scares a cat that's standing there.  This is the scene right before the boiler room.

On 9/19/2017 at 10:19 AM, upstop said:

Someone does... :P. I think the mouse appeared in one of the haunts one year, just can't remember which one. 

It's also funny how the mouse is the only actual animatronic from Phantom still in use and it still is operating kinda. From what I can recall from last year, it pops up as it has and growls kind of at you. It's funny how it's such a small part of the original Phantom story but it still is in use. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

Kings Island replaced Phantom Theater with Scooby Doo and the Haunted Castle, which was a huge disappointment to the vast majority of patrons. Cedar Fair replaces SDATHC with Boo, which, while better than Scooby, still wasn’t anywhere near the quality of the earlier iterations of the ride.

My favorite type of ride is the dark rides, but let’s be frank here - if they were to replace Boo it would just be a reskin of Boo with a Peanuts theme. Same pop ups. Same barely-working blasters. Same 4 or 5 actual animatronics. Cedar Fair just doesn’t see the value in dark rides. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, BoddaH1994 said:

Kings Island replaced Phantom Theater with Scooby Doo and the Haunted Castle, which was a huge disappointment to the vast majority of patrons. Cedar Fair replaces SDATHC with Boo, which, while better than Scooby, still wasn’t anywhere near the quality of the earlier iterations of the ride.

My favorite type of ride is the dark rides, but let’s be frank here - if they were to replace Boo it would just be a reskin of Boo with a Peanuts theme. Same pop ups. Same barely-working blasters. Same 4 or 5 actual animatronics. Cedar Fair just doesn’t see the value in dark rides. 

Maybe they are secretly planning something in the distant future for the old Crypt building. I just can’t see them just leave that building empty there, unless they continue to use it solely for Haunt.

On 9/27/2018 at 7:37 PM, kingsislandfan1972 said:

Maybe they are secretly planning something in the distant future for the old Crypt building. I just can’t see them just leave that building empty there, unless they continue to use it solely for Haunt.

I don't think that building is large enough to hold an elaborate dark ride like Phantom Theater without expanding it.

On 9/27/2018 at 5:54 PM, BoddaH1994 said:

I personally disagree and think SDATHC was far superior to Boo Blasters. When they changed it to BBOBH in 2010, not only did they remove the memorable and marketable Mystery Inc., but also practically stripped two of the final scenes and replaced them with skeletons and strobe-lights.

1 hour ago, SonofBaconator said:

I don't think that building is large enough to hold an elaborate dark ride like Phantom Theater without expanding it.

I was curious to see just how the building sizes compared... per Google Earth's measurement tool, the full BBOBH building is ~28600 ft2. In comparison, Crypt's main show building is only ~8530 ft2, or less than 1/3 the size. But, referencing a diagram of BBOBH's layout, the ride (not queue, Enchanted Theater, etc.) only occupies a bit more than 50% of the building, or ~15000 ft2... so you could fit about 57% of Boo Blasters into Crypt's main building. If you built on multiple levels (although that would boost the costs up a lot), you could easily achieve BBOBH or bigger though.

Again, all numbers estimates from Google Earth. I'd love to see Crypt's old building repurposed for more than just a Haunt maze though.

1 hour ago, TombraiderTy said:

I was curious to see just how the building sizes compared... per Google Earth's measurement tool, the full BBOBH building is ~28600 ft2. In comparison, Crypt's main show building is only ~8530 ft2, or less than 1/3 the size. But, referencing a diagram of BBOBH's layout, the ride (not queue, Enchanted Theater, etc.) only occupies a bit more than 50% of the building, or ~15000 ft2... so you could fit about 57% of Boo Blasters into Crypt's main building. If you built on multiple levels (although that would boost the costs up a lot), you could easily achieve BBOBH or bigger though.

Well a larger show building would be needed to accommodate a dark ride like Phantom Theater. They would have build a show building and add a facade around the front of the original building to mimic the Rivertown/ Phantom Theater architecture. The blue area is roughly 44600 sq/ft if you combine that with your estimate, it would add up to roughly over 53000 sq.ft 

box.PNG

1 hour ago, TombraiderTy said:

I personally disagree and think SDATHC was far superior to Boo Blasters. When they changed it to BBOBH in 2010, not only did they remove the memorable and marketable Mystery Inc., but also practically stripped two of the final scenes and replaced them with skeletons and strobe-lights.

Maybe being so disgusted by the replacement of Phantom Theater with Scooby created a bias for me...

1 hour ago, SonofBaconator said:

Well a larger show building would be needed to accommodate a dark ride like Phantom Theater. They would have build a show building and add a facade around the front of the original building to mimic the Rivertown/ Phantom Theater architecture. The blue area is roughly 44600 sq/ft if you combine that with your estimate, it would add up to roughly over 53000 sq.ft 

box.PNG

Keep in mind that the Boo Blasters building also has the former Enchanted Theatre, as well as the dressing room for costumed characters, and the home base for Park Services as well.  I would say approximately half of that building is used for Boo Blasters.