What Souvineers Do You Buy From Pki?

pki_guy

Bought a poster on Saturday, September 5, 1992 when it was the old Kings Island. It consisted of International Street when there were very tall impatiens growing right where the logo currently sits right now. The sky was kind of a dark blue with the Eiffel Tower and buildings lit up. Had the original KI logo on the bottom of the poster.

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I always buy jewelry (I love jewelry and when I'm set loose with 40 bucks, I can't resist tongue.gif) I always buy dippin dots, I probably drink enough pop to fill an olympic size swimming pool, and last time I went I bought this orange glove thingie with claws that had The Beast 25th anniverary logo on it. I used it just last night to scare the crap outta my little sister in the middle of the night, but that's a different story guitar.gif

I have recently bought a shirt, 2 postcards, a Vortex pin, a beast mug, and beast Nalgene.

Total=25 dollars. I think that the merchandise at PKI is actually of pretty good quality and very decently priced. If I wanted a band T-Shirt from a place like Hot Topic, that would be 20 dollars. I got a nice looking Vortex (loops and corkscrews section) shirt for 15 dollars. The Beast mug and Nalgene cost 4.26 total with tax.

So far the only souvenier shirt I brought was one with Vortex on it. None of the other ones were worthy at that time xD. I also buy an onride from every ride that has one, and take maps every year. I've also got a SoB keyring that I use for my major keys =D

My souvenirs from Kings Island are usually composed of Ride Pictures. I have...

Three ride pics from SOB

Two ride pics from Vortex

One ride pic from IJST

One ride pic from TRTR (Yes I am one of the lucky ones to have one!)

I also have the Kings Island Opolie game. One other thing I have bought are the custom wristbands you can make, it’s located next to glass blowing.

I purchase the collectors cup and get a map of the park. I recently started collecting old maps off E-bay. I bought the 1972, 1982, and 1985 map to add to the ones I already have. ph34r.gif

I think I may have bidded against you before! ohmy.gif My kids always want fudge from International street before we leave 1 pound peanut butter and a half pound of choco-walnut.

I collect pins. I just started collecting them when I bought a Raptor pin up at Cedar Point. I wish I had bought more... sad.gif

At PKI I just yesterday found where all the pins are. There are so many! I bought a Vortex pin and a Son of Beast pin - since those are my two favorite coasters at Kings Island.

For myself nothing so far this year. When I was younger a motivational speaker I had the privilege of listening to said we should never wear another person’s name on our back but you should only wear your own name proudly. Ever since then I have a hard time wearing shirts with logos of businesses. I mean for KI to put up my business logo up they would want to charge me for it, so why should I pay to advertise their business. Just me!

Now as for my shopaholic wife and daughter; I have bought 4 pairs of shoes, 3 swim suits about 4 clothing outfits for both, bears with new outfits, 2 Dora dolls, beach towels, lots of jewelry, night lights and about 15 other things I can’t remember right now.

I wish they sold more items without all the theme related logos on them. Back when the King Cobra used to let out right into a shop, they had allot of unique items that my wife used to buy so now its usually Spice Girls and the Boomerang Bay gift shop for clothes and jewelry.

I think I better double check my bank account balance now!!

For myself nothing so far this year. When I was younger a motivational speaker I had the privilege of listening to said we should never wear another person’s name on our back but you should only wear your own name proudly. Ever since then I have a hard time wearing shirts with logos of businesses. I mean for KI to put up my business logo up they would want to charge me for it, so why should I pay to advertise their business. Just me!

Ahhh the ever popular "Motivational Speaker."

LOL, in the time I did social work, I had the opportunity to get to know quite a few of them. They are the snake oil salesmen of our time. If you had any idea how messed up most of their lives really are; you'd not put a lot of stock in what they say.

As far as the free publicity aspect - wear what you want. If it makes you feel good to wear Prada - then wear Prada. LOL, I'm the kind of guy that buys all his clothes at Bass Pro or Old Navy - it's what I like.

So you mean to tell me these motivational speakers are only human after all. After all these years of feeling this way. I’m going to need rehab, maybe a Payton Manning jersey to wear for our next visit and I’ll buy a logo polo shirt from KI. I don’t want to over do it at first.

I agree to each their own; And like you said if makes you feel good then wear it.

So you mean to tell me these motivational speakers are only human after all. After all these years of feeling this way. I’m going to need rehab, maybe a Payton Manning jersey to wear for our next visit and I’ll buy a logo polo shirt from KI. I don’t want to over do it at first.

I agree to each their own; And like you said if makes you feel good then wear it.

Nah, what I'm saying is that I worked in Social Work for 7 years.

In that time I met very few Psychiatrists or Psychologists that were not in therapy themselves. Then of course you have the motivational speakers that have histories that would just blow you a way.

By in far, I've found the people in the audiences to be far better adjusted than the men and women standing in front of them.