ACE Plaque

CedarPointer

It has in fact been removed... See this topic.

http://www.KICentral.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=15337

Which won't help. The question is NOT about that ACE plaque--which saluted ACE, but rather about the one erected back by The Beast--which saluted the ride, and which also has doubtless been removed by now for the construction. The question asked by the original poster is whether the "Paramount's" reference to Kings Island has been removed from that plaque. Does anyone know and can tell us?

I've read that thing so many times I can almost recite it. I dunno what they'll do about the 'Paramount's' in the plaque. I'd really like to see a new one considering it is in fact a landmark.

On a side note, am I the only one who thought this thread was titled 'ACE Plague'?

XD

But won't it be more historically correct 20 years from now if it references the park as what it was when the plaque was received...Paramount's Kings Island? Is it really appropriate to expunge from the past that which was?

Why not simply reference the park as it was when The Beast was built?

Ohhhh, It Was and Is Kings Island. <G>

Not only that, but ACE presented that plaque. Why on earth should ACE pay to redo it? And why would it be appropriate for Cedar Fair to do so? It wouldn't surprise me terribly if it very quietly disappears.

ACE should pay to redo the plaque as it's every bit as much an advertisement for ACE as it is to honor the coaster.

It has in fact been removed... See this topic.

http://www.KICentral.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=15337

Which won't help. The question is NOT about that ACE plaque--which saluted ACE, but rather about the one erected back by The Beast--which saluted the ride, and which also has doubtless been removed by now for the construction. The question asked by the original poster is whether the "Paramount's" reference to Kings Island has been removed from that plaque. Does anyone know and can tell us?

Whoops! My bad. Thanks for setting me straight Terpy!! I guess I never really paid attention to that particular plaque.