Everybody Out of the Water!

Well, for parks like the Great Wolf Lodge, I can some what understand that practice. January and February are typically slow times for the tourism industry in certain areas like Cincinnati. As a result, room bookings are likely way down at that time of year. And since Great Wolf Lodge only lets guests that are staying in their hotel rooms access their indoor water park, why keep it open if there are only a handful of guests staying in the hotel on Tuesday and Wednesday nights in January and February?

Oh, so it is just about to open.

When did Great Wolf Lodge in Mason open? And it did really well how long?

And when did Maui Sands open? And it had bookings and hired as well, right?

And when did Hard Rock Park open? Wild West World?

Talk to us again about this new resort opening, oh, say, about a year from now.

Oh, so it is just about to open.

When did Great Wolf Lodge in Mason open? And it did really well how long?

And when did Maui Sands open? And it had bookings and hired as well, right?

And when did Hard Rock Park open? Wild West World?

Talk to us again about this new resort opening, oh, say, about a year from now.

You know I will.

I've heard good things about the resort.

The difference is that it appears the Smokey Mountains Park is designed as a resort.

Having just gotten back from an annual pilgrimage there, I was astounded at the number of closed theaters, restaurants, motels and stores. Also at the many, many FOR SALE signs. Times are tough. May I point out that Herschend, a major owner of Dollywood, the Dixie Stampede, the Showboat Branson Belle, Silver Dollar City, etc., just closed Celebration City and deferred most of its planned major 2009 capital investments? This is a tough time for the tourism business...especially for new attractions.

Having just gotten back from an annual pilgrimage there, I was astounded at the number of closed theaters, restaurants, motels and stores. Also at the many, many FOR SALE signs. Times are tough. May I point out that Herschend, a major owner of Dollywood, the Dixie Stampede, the Showboat Branson Belle, Silver Dollar City, etc., just closed Celebration City and deferred most of its planned major 2009 capital investments? This is a tough time for the tourism business...especially for new attractions.

Guess it's all in your perspective of things.

My father has a friend that opened a new restaurant near Gatlinburg this past July. The restaurant/bar is doing better than they projected. My father and step-mother sold their house in Madeira and are moving down to the Pigeon Forge area this coming spring.