Deaths At Kings Island

Dane

Not calling anyone out in particular... But I am reading some things on here that do not make me feel so good.

May I ask everyone, why does it matter what someone thinks of you? If you wear a red shirt, no one will think you are "gay" or "straight." And those who do judge people are not worth knowing anyways.

Seriously, it does not matter what shirt you wear, there is no "color" that will make people think oh he's straight. And even if red was still the "color" would it stop you from standing next to a person or riding with that person?

What I am saying is this "Dont care/dont worry about shirt colors."

Just this line of conversation has really upset me. And its not just anyone, so please dont take offense to this. I know many are young and dont know better on here, but words like "I hope he doesnt think Im gay" are very detrimental to many people and can be construed to imply something you believe in. If you are worried about being "hit on," by another guy or gal, dont worry about it. If it happens, just say thanks but Im sorry, Im straight. Dont get blown over board.

And more than likely, the odds of someone picking up anyone at the park (straight/bi/gay/lesbian) are not very high.

Be Cool KIC

• Like 9

What if the color red you see isn't the same color red I see?

;)

OH MY GOD YOU THINK ABOUT THAT TOO!?!

I thought I was only the one! I've tried to explain it to my friends but they just think I'm crazy. Like..what is blue? What if my blue is your green!?! Uhg. I'm glad someone else thinks about it too!

I try explaining it to my friends and they don't understand.

I'll say, what if the ocean to you looks what green is to me; but we call it blue? They say, "but it's the same color! we all see the same color!" - they just don't understand!

I still don't fully understand but it could be true - and we never know!

*gets home from Greene County Fair*

*logs on to KIC*

*clicks on "Deaths At Kings Island" thread*

*reads*

*reads some more*

What. The. Hell. Happened. To. This. Thread?!?!?!?

This is the furthest off-topic I have EVER seen a forum thread. I shouldn't be laughing at a thread that's supposed to be about deaths, but I am. This is hilarious! :lol:

• Like 7

Now back on topic....

Im scared to were a red shirt at the park bc my bro said they still think your gay if anyone weres a red shirt

Umm... No. Nowadays, red, at Kings Island is just that-- Red.

How does nobody get this? If you wear a red shirt, it means you are doomed and will die soon!

(Seriously, I'm surprised no one has made this joke yet.)

• Like 3

Everything we experience is subjective so many of us differ in how we perceive things.

There's some cool neuroscience behind perception. Often musicians associate a certain color with a certain note (like A# is blue) and a lot of time they are the same between different musicians. Acoustic guitars are considered warm and clean while distorted (really loud noise sound) ones are thought of has sharp and dirty. There's even research showing random people fairly universally consider certain sounds round and others square when surveyed.

Also, researchers are thinking that artistic types have more neural interconnectedness between the different sensory and expressive areas of their brain. Perhaps they experience these different sensory perceptions much more similar than the average person. Poets for example, are skilled at connecting words with other senses like a black soul or a voice of rose perfume. When my guitar amp gives feedback, I taste metal.

• Like 2

;)

I thought I was only the one! I've tried to explain it to my friends but they just think I'm crazy. Like..what is blue? What if my blue is your green!?! Uhg. I'm glad someone else thinks about it too!

I try explaining it to my friends and they don't understand.

I'll say, what if the ocean to you looks what green is to me; but we call it blue? They say, "but it's the same color! we all see the same color!" - they just don't understand!

I still don't fully understand but it could be true - and we never know!

I mean sure, we say it's "blue" because that's what we're told it is. But really it might be your red that I see as the blue of the Ocean... CRAZY!!! Or...Why we don't go up and down in space...we always go left or right (I can't think of which way). I mean what's out there to the north or south?

What if oxygen is poisonus and it takes 80 years to kill us?

What if chameleons are all around us but we can't see them?

What if computer viruses are made by anti-virus software companies to make more money?

What if the Mayan calendar ends in 5105 and we've just been holding the calendar upside down?

And my favorite: What if The Godfather is a really boring movie but everyone's afraid to say it?

Just some Conspiracy Keanu's I found. If you don't know what those are, check them out. ;)

• Like 6

^Love that riff! That's one tune I wish I could have played when I was in marching/basketball/hockey band, but we never did. :(

;)

Mrs. Gator and I often have this conversation. She says that my mom's minivan is green, but GatorGirl and I say it's blue.

...or expendable Star Trek ensigns?

It's a red shirt revolution!

Now back on topic....

Im scared to were a red shirt at the park bc my bro said they still think your gay if anyone weres a red shirt

Umm... No. Nowadays, red, at Kings Island is just that-- Red.

How does nobody get this? If you wear a red shirt, it means you are doomed and will die soon!

(Seriously, I'm surprised no one has made this joke yet.)

I'm turning in my Spock ears, because I didn't get that until just now. Bad Trekkie! Bad! No treat! :lol:

• Like 2

Ok, sorry if this has already been covered, but, I have looked into this topic a lot! Here is what has happened. A man died in the old safari when he stepped out of his truck to use the... restroom. A lion got him. A man who was playing in a band went to his car to get his tuba (I think) and got struck by lightning. He died.

One day (aka Black Sunday) three people died on the same day. Two died when a man went to splash his friend with water from the lake. The man was electrocuted because of faulty wiring. His friend jumped into save him and died. A security guard mis-heard his radio thinking someone got shot instead of shocked. He jumped in to save the men and died as well.

A woman no less that 15 minutes later fell out of Flight Commander. She was intoxicated and tried to look at the helicopter that was flown in for the three from the pond incident. The seat next to her had not been latched in (she was riding alone) and when she tried to see the helicopter she hit the joystick and flipped the car. She slid into the next seat and fell out.

A woman on Top Gun (Flight Deck) had a heart attack and later died in the hospital. A man on Firehawk had breathing problems after getting off. He also later died in the hospital.

Lastly, and probably the most famous, was Tower Johnny. On graduation night, a man climbed to the 50 foot level of the Eiffel Tower. He was very drunk. He was going to try to jump onto the elevator and scare his friends, but instead he got hit by the counterweight and was cut into pieces by the cables holding the tower up.

Those are all that I know of that happened while the land was Kings Island. I know of a few that have happened before it was an amusement park. Let me know if you want to hear them.

Ok, sorry if this has already been covered, but, I have looked into this topic a lot! Here is what has happened.

For more accurate info, please refer to Shaggy's post on page 1 of this thread. While your post does reflect some reality (where some of the deaths occurred), it also embellishes with data that can not be known.

• Like 3

• 1 year later...

I was there on black sunday. I was by the pond when those men got electricuted and then shortly after that witnessed that girl fall from that ride. Not to be graphic but when she hit the ground her body bounced like a ball a few times. It was horrible and i still have nightmares about it to this day