Original Ki Logo...

Derek

I was wondering will PKI ever bring back the original KI logo? I LOVE that logo, I miss it. :(

Anyway, will PKI do some infrastructure or captial improvements like re-paint rides, buildings, etc for 2003? I think the Eiffel Tower needs to be painted because Vortex just got painted and it looks good!

Derek

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

From what I heard at the beginning of the season, International Street is going to get a make over for next year. Plans may have changed but I heard a lighting system would be added much like the one in the fountain where the lights would all change from the front gate all the way to the Eiffel Tower. It would be nice, but I don't know if it's still going to happen.

• Like 1

The fountain could use a face lift. As well as international street. At Fearfest they has blacklights on the Eiffel Tower. They wernt strong enough to notice them easly. You had to look at it for a while to notice. The fountain had red lights installed in it. :lol:

A good idea for the fountain is to take all them lights out and put fiber-optics in it. It would be brighter and take less energy. Plus the could istall a color wheel in it and the water could change colors really fast.

The problem with International Street is not the lights. It is the fountain.... word has it that it is in desperate need of repair. We're talking jackhammering it up and building a new one at an outrageous cost to the park. I would suspect that we will see a spruce up to International Street, but I cannot imagine it happening in a year with other known capitol expenses.

Shaggy

Just looking at the fountains, one can easily see the problems that are with them. They used to look really nice, being white and blue, but now have lots of rust starting to form on them. If they are really going to jackhammer and fix the fountains, I sure hope they use good pipe, and if they plan on fixing the actual fountains that are made of metal, although this would be a costly option, they could make them out of stainless steel, and they wouldn't rust and would last forever. I am kinda unsure about how jackhammering and replacing the fountain would come at great cost to the park. Aren't fountains basically built the same as house foundations, but made to hold and pump water? I know it would cost some, but even with lights, plumbing, electrocity and fountains, I wouldn't expect even a fountain of that size to be outrageous in price. However if they do fix it, I think the entrance to the park and Int'l Street would look AWESOME!

• Like 1

The Royal Fountain getting a facelift, hmmm... I really hope they keep those blue/white pedestals.

I think they should replace all water jets and put the new ones where the old ones used to be, and maybe they should replace the machine for the fountains.

As for the new lights on the fountains, they could replace the old lights and put the new lights on the fountains.

Who knows... we'll see what happens next year, though.

Derek

• Like 1

• 15 years later...

I'm excited to see the 1972 logo still being used.  I bought two long sleeve t-shirts at WinterFest with the "old" logo.

I do wish they would restore the original fountain sequence.  As a very young child, I remember watching the fountains.  They would go from a small trickle off the pedestals, then the sidelines would start to form, then the pedestal tops until the water "grew."  The sound was outrageous.  And then they would abruptly stop and it seemed so quiet.  

WinterFest, in my opinion, brought back some of the magic to International Street.  It was so beautiful.  I hope they use the lighting package during the normal season too.

--jtro223, who just completed his 1000th post on KIC and who thanks all the nice people in these parts.  It's an honor sharing the park with you.

Edited by jtro223
to add a signature line
  • Like 7