King Cobras trains arrive at Kings Dominion

yournamehere

Yes my bad the front... I have only been on that piece twice this year, and once stuck. They really made it one of the worst rides this year, hopefully next year they can program a decent ride experience and hire somebody who can theme. As much as a bare floor with a drain is scary, they can do MUCH better.

• 5 weeks later...
Yes, the front row was removed from The Crypt, not the back row. And a few seats on the exit side were also removed a few seasons back.

Ok, I was just reading threw this topic and came upon this. Why did they take rows and seats out? Im sure there is another topic about this but I figured I would ask. I have only ridden The Crypt once. Cant figure out weather I liked it or not. I guess I will have to give it another shot. As for the theming, I saw pictures of what it is now and wow, it sucks. They really need to do something with that.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

^I personally didn't find Shockwave's trains last year to be any more or less comfortable than Mantis's. The only real difference is that the loading procedure for Shockwave seems to take longer since the restraints aren't exactly intuitive--you stick your arms through a vest while pushing a lap bar down so you can straddle a bicycle-style seat.

^I personally didn't find Shockwave's trains last year to be any more or less comfortable than Mantis's. The only real difference is that the loading procedure for Shockwave seems to take longer since the restraints aren't exactly intuitive--you stick your arms through a vest while pushing a lap bar down so you can straddle a bicycle-style seat.

True... and I guess I feel more safe in the new trains for some reason.

When has Mantis received new trains?

Never but Its a new style of trains compared to the TOGO trains used on KC.

Oh, you are comparing two different ride manufacturers in TOGO's 1984 KC trains to B & M's 1996 Mantis trains and simply called them new due to the different design.

When has Mantis received new trains?

Never but Its a new style of trains compared to the TOGO trains used on KC.

Oh, you are comparing two different ride manufacturers in TOGO's 1984 KC trains to B & M's 1996 Mantis trains and simply called them new due to the different design.

Yes, I guess I should of worded it better.

We were told that in training for the 2003 season. It was supposedly going to Terra Mitica in Spain. So either the trainers were misinformed or there actually was a plan for this at some time that was changed.

Huh... guess my sister was right somewhat. She said she asked a park employee (I know, I know rolleyes.gif) and the employee said it was sold. Although I swear she said it was sold to a park in France for some reason...

• 4 years later...