Questions About Site Performance

Interpreter – From here I am not having any trouble logging in or getting any warnings. My speed seems to be ok as well.

Maybe it is your internet provider issue.

I have Brighthouse Networks Road Runner high speed turbo internet connection.

I have posted less lately as well, but mostly because of work, which has required me to work more as of late.

Best of luck fiquring out the issue.

I know that...but seriously, I am having problems with NO other site...no connectivity problems, nothing. Here, when I try to sign in, more often than not I get a FORBIDDEN screen. And sometimes this site is lagging for as long as 20 seconds before loading. It has not done that much before, and no other site is doing so.

I know that...but seriously, I am having problems with NO other site...no connectivity problems, nothing. Here, when I try to sign in, more often than not I get a FORBIDDEN screen. And sometimes this site is lagging for as long as 20 seconds before loading. It has not done that much before, and no other site is doing so.

I may not have the problem as ever puter that I use regularly has this site sign on automatically.

I have several different anti-spyware and anti-malware programs installed. About three days ago, this site (and ONLY this site) started running very slowly. I almost wonder if there is some bug that is keeping it from loading quickly, and only when that particular piece of baddy-baddiness is not being loaded will this site load.

Just a thought. Those of you without such provisions would not notice such a problem, but might get whatever bad thing someone else may have blessed this site with.

Terpy, who knows just enough in this field to get himself in trouble...or to troubleshoot where those who do know would not necessarily think about...

Mine is here and there. I am having some slowing on this site as well as facebook, but there is a known problem on facebook. Two weeks ago, I reloaded this laptop cause I got something really nasty on here and it wouldn't do anything. I also run spybot and I have mcafee on here as well. Depending on where I am I am either on insight or clearwire.

I lost my thunderbolt pics :angry:

Anyone else seen THIS?:

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /forums/index.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Apache/2.2.10 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.10 OpenSSL/0.9.8i DAV/2 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at www.KICentral.com Port 80/

Additionally, switching from Firefox to Opera, I am no longer experiencing loading delays.  This is getting curiouser and curiouser!

I too have encountered that forbidden screen when logging in, both from home and when I`m over at UC. Every time I see that, whenever I go back to the main page and click on forums, I`m logged in, no problem. And I have noticed at certain times the site is running slow. This would be a Dane related technical issue, I`m sure.

Anyone else seen THIS?:

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /forums/index.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Apache/2.2.10 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.10 OpenSSL/0.9.8i DAV/2 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at www.KICentral.com Port 80/

Additionally, switching from Firefox to Opera, I am no longer experiencing loading delays. This is getting curiouser and curiouser!

Yes, I have seen this too...both at work (no idea on the ISP there) and at home (using Comcast broadband)...reloading did the trick for me and I've had no other problems on any other site.

However, I've been having problems with IE freezing!! So I've switched to Firefox to see if that continues...of course, I'm also running crappy Vista!!

I wonder if this keeps up??

Edit: I've been having NO issues with the site running slow, however.

I run windows 07, mcaffee and have DSL through Verizon (I've got a great introductory rate). Same software at work but FIOS.

I haven't seen any of those error msgs and load time has been normal. Pages load oddly though. Somebody quoted me and the only thing in the quote was a w. When I posted a joke reply the whole quote was there. The home page often has errors about who posted last, basically not registering recent posts. I've also seen posts of mine disappear twice and it didn't seem lke anything a moderator would've screened out, they were even on topic.

Terp, I think the sight is jealous of your wit, however you spell it.

Yeah, I get a warning message when attempting to log in as well.

But all I have to do to get past it and get onto the forums is re-type KICentral.com into my browser and re-enter the forums. And yeah the site is running slow but that's cause I have two computers and a PS3 all drawing internet from the same crappy wireless router XD

I run windows 07, mcaffee and have DSL through Verizon (I've got a great introductory rate). Same software at work but FIOS.

I haven't seen any of those error msgs and load time has been normal. Pages load oddly though. Somebody quoted me and the only thing in the quote was a w. When I posted a joke reply the whole quote was there. The home page often has errors about who posted last, basically not registering recent posts. I've also seen posts of mine disappear twice and it didn't seem lke anything a moderator would've screened out, they were even on topic.

Terp, I think the sight is jealous of your wit, however you spell it.

LOL!:lol:

That was my 'w'! I was using it as a placeholder, so I could copy your quote, go back, and edit my post by pasteing it in!

Guest rcfreak339

I have had no problems with logging in and really no problems with the error messege either know I get it every now and then but posting does take a minute or two but I think it's one of those things that I will have to deal with......

With so many people having the problem, I'm not sure if this will fix it. I use firefox 3.1 (beta) and windows xp and have not had any problems. if you're using firefox, have you tried clearing out your cookies? maybe even the cache? sometimes the cache can become corrupted, but i'm not sure if it would cause this kind of problem...