Questions About Site Performance

I think it has been site related...this morning I'm back to using Firefox and it is zooming along. Further, I have had the problems with no other site...and not until recently here. When it bogs, it really bogs, sometimes taking five minutes to load a single page. Close it, go to Opera, and no problem...but perhaps the problem was only during the time I was on Firefox? Hard to say...

Well I have Zoomtown/Cincinnati Bell and that pages load up in like a flat 2-3 sec time frame but I think I have had that problem like once with login. I use Google Chrome it might have security risk but it's really quick but I think I might swith back to opera or something b.c I have had adware on my computer recently it was only 3 of them but still that adds up.

Anyone else seen THIS?:

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /forums/index.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Apache/2.2.10 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.10 OpenSSL/0.9.8i DAV/2 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at www.KICentral.com Port 80/

Additionally, switching from Firefox to Opera, I am no longer experiencing loading delays.  This is getting curiouser and curiouser!

I am getting the same error messages when I log in but if I reload the page, I am signed in too. I haven't had any loading time delays, though.

I dont know about anyone else here, but I am having a problem with the forum unrelated to speed. I changed some privacy settings on facebook, and did some internet searches on what has stayed on the internet since then. Now on all the forums, I can only see the first and last entry. The rest are individual links at the bottom of the page. I have cleared the cache numerous times, performed a disk cleanup with the browser closed, and everything I can think of and it remains. I hate to reload this thing-again-but I am starting to think that may be the only solution. Ijust did that 2-3 weeks ago.

I have been racking my brain trying to figure out how changing a web pages settings can screw up everything else-I have not changed the compys settings.

Oh, really? First of all, there is no such button. There is one called Controls. Then on that page, you can find board settings. But nothing that will either cause or correct the behavior of which windshawne complains. . .

Terpy, who wonders if you moonlight answering tech calls for an internet service provider (who usually also offers such unhelpful and inapplicable advice...)

Yes, I did. For security reasons, I do not stay logged in. . .

And I ain't never seen that one before, here or anywhere else!

Uh Terpy i finally found something on you :lol:

"And i ain't never seen that one before, here or anywhere else!"

In that sentence, ain't is used impropaly.

It should be: And i have never seen that one before, here or anywhere else! ;)

You didn't find anything. If you had, you'd notice "ain't never"--a clear double negative used for comic effect. In addition, when a careful writer writes in so obviously an incorrect fashion...it's intended for humor in an otherwise dry, crusty post.

If it were stilted, formal writing, it would also be incorrect to start a sentence with a conjunction...a rule I break quite frequently. Also, there is no such word as "impropaly." And ain't ain't standard usage, so how can nonstandard usage be improper, if that is what you meant? Finally, in your so-called correction, you didn't capitalize the proper noun "I."

You ain't never gonna upset Terp over issues like that! Especially since he has semester after semester in linguistics...but I bet many knew that already. Etymology, too. Onward, ho!

You didn't find anything. If you had, you'd notice "ain't never"--a clear double negative used for comic effect. In addition, when a careful writer writes in so obviously an incorrect fashion...it's intended for humor in an otherwise dry, crusty post.

If it were stilted, formal writing, it would also be incorrect to start a sentence with a conjunction...a rule I break quite frequently. Also, there is no such word as "impropaly." And ain't ain't standard usage, so how can nonstandard usage be improper, if that is what you meant? Finally, in your so-called correction, you didn't capitalize the proper noun "I."

You ain't never gonna upset Terp over issues like that! Especially since he has semester after semester in linguistics...but I bet many knew that already. Etymology, too. Onward, ho!

:o Your right! Drat

Oh, really? First of all, there is no such button. There is one called Controls. Then on that page, you can find board settings. But nothing that will either cause or correct the behavior of which windshawne complains. . .

Terpy, who wonders if you moonlight answering tech calls for an internet service provider (who usually also offers such unhelpful and inapplicable advice...)

I was about to say I have no such button-this thing is really messy, and unless I can fix it in the next day or so, reload!!! Plus, I will stay away from google, cause that is what started this mess.

On another note, before I reloaded, I could not access internet from my friends insight connection, and now I can. Go figure.....

i had this happen today for the first time...i logged in and was taken to the "forbidden" page....refreshed the main page and i was logged in...strange....

The 403 Forbidden page is a result of the new mod_security install on Apache 2.2 which is what this we run on. Mod_security paches a hole that hackers found to take down websites. It will be fixed in a future update of Invision. All you have to do after you log in is to backspace the URL till its just KICentral.com/forums/

• 2 weeks later...

I have also been getting a "FORBIDDEN" screen whenever I log onto KI CENTRAL. To fix the annoyance, I simply back out to my home page, retype www.KICentral.com and it remembers my sign-in. It only happens here, and has been happening for a couple of weeks. It is very annoying.

But up until now, I figured it was just my computer.