Park Calender online

Skywriter

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The park has since removed any evidence pointing to April 17th as a pass holder preview day on the visit Kings Island website....

Any word on this? I was in process of booking a couple nights for the 17th and 18th but some sites/places require pre-payment (well you lose some money if you cancel). Any reason we shouldn't believe this is a done deal??

I would wait a couple more weeks before booking that reservation, especially if you would be out some money if you had to cancel. Better to be safe than sorry.

I have no idea what the status is of the season pass preview night. I do know that the park will be open to the general public and pass holders on Saturday, April 18th from 10am until 10pm. But take note that the park will NOT be open that Sunday, April 19th. The park will open again on Friday, April 24th from 5-10pm.

Any idea as to why the season pass preview night was announced, then suddenly in limbo? Unless the park doesn't want to advertise it too early, I can't think of any reason. Hopefully someone in the know will be able to shed some light in the near future.

^^I don't think SPPN is in limbo, so much as the *time* for it is unconfirmed...the conventional thinking was 5-10 pm, but then for a brief time KI's website showed 2-10 pm (which would be tremendous, and I think still may happen), but bottom line is with many months still to go, more confirmation is needed with the timing.

I do know that the park will be open to the general public and pass holders on Saturday, April 18th from 10am until 10pm. But take note that the park will NOT be open that Sunday, April 19th.

And for the out of town travelers, thank goodness for KI allowing for some recovery from a long weekend!!

Iand pass holders on Saturday, April 18th from 10am until 10pm. But take note that the park will NOT be open that Sunday, April 19th. The park will open again on Friday, April 24th from 5-10pm.

And presumably we would be able to get in a 9am - at least to ride Behemoth. Would Beast be open early also or do we know. I've read about ACE members getting to walk back and do The Beast.

Do we know if Coney Island will be open then??

Yeah but April 17th is for gold and platinum passholders only. Don is most likely saying the 18th because that is the first official operating day for the general public. If the date is still not shown by the 31st that is just one thing that we will have to ask Don to confirm for us

Take note that there is no current mention on KI`s website about the pass holder night on the 17th. Take that for what its worth.

Coney Island and Sunlite Pool do not officially open until Memorial Day weekend. However, in years past, the rides have operated for the Appalachian Festival at Coney. This year`s Appalachian Festival is the weekend of May 9 and 10th. Note however, that season passes to Coney may not be valid for admission that weekend!