Yogi's Final Farewell

Return_of_Yogi

Scooby is the only HB character that they are keeping. All of the other characters will be Nick characters. Dumb Dumb Dumb!

The Entertainment Department is goin right down the crapper next year! The whole department is changing, and not necessarily for the better!

• 14 years later...
At least there was a very good Peanuts movie made a while back for something for CF to stand on in terms of character recognition.  

The movie may be good (it is) but it lacks the ability that most kids movies do. The ability to be left on repeat all day or be requested by kids all day.

That being said
But let's not kid ourselves... peanuts is not a brand that most kids actively identify and want to interact with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 9/9/2017 at 8:28 AM, shark6495 said:

The movie may be good (it is) but it lacks the ability that most kids movies do. The ability to be left on repeat all day or be requested by kids all day.

That being said
But let's not kid ourselves... peanuts is not a brand that most kids actively identify and want to interact with.

That's funny. My kid loved the movie, has watched it several times, and loved interacting with the characters while at KI. I saw a lot of other kids doing the same. 

What is the best theme for a kids area of the park?  A theme that the kids will recognize and relate to, or the brand that mom, dad, grandma or grandpa will recognize and relate to?

Mom, Dad, Grandma, Grandpa and kids all new to KI probably don't care much what name one of the original roller coasters in the park goes by (Beastie, Woodstock Express, The Scobby Doo, etc...) but the older set may be more willing to open their wallet to purchase the stuffed beagle than they would for the stuffed sponge while the younger set doesn't have a wallet to open up.  It may be a kids area, but the theme isn't there to stroke the emotions of the kids.

• Like 1

That's funny. My kid loved the movie, has watched it several times, and loved interacting with the characters while at KI. I saw a lot of other kids doing the same. 

I just responded to you in another thread sorry!

Respectfully working in the schools I see a completely different and opposite reaction to he movie. There are other properties kids actively identify and choose to watch.

It's a good movie but it doesn't hold the kids say like Teen Titans Go, Scooby Do, Spongebob, Etc.

What is the best theme for a kids area of the park?  A theme that the kids will recognize and relate to, or the brand that mom, dad, grandma or grandpa will recognize and relate to?
Mom, Dad, Grandma, Grandpa and kids all new to KI probably don't care much what name one of the original roller coasters in the park goes by (Beastie, Woodstock Express, The Scobby Doo, etc...) but the older set may be more willing to open their wallet to purchase the stuffed beagle than they would for the stuffed sponge while the younger set doesn't have a wallet to open up.  It may be a kids area, but the theme isn't there to stroke the emotions of the kids.

Sorry for he double post. Snoopy is safe and you may have a good point. There are not many "safe" family cartoons out there.

I do disagree though. The theme is for the kids. If the kids don't want the Snoopy dog the parents may not want to buy it. Most kids however want anything and everything. My kid has a Snoopy hat/sunglasses combo he likes because it's the same Snoopy that's at the park.

I'm not basing any of my opinions on nostalgia. Or just on nostalgia. I feel bad for my sons and the kids that visit the park for many reasons. But the coolest part about visiting the park was turning on my TV and seeing Scooby and The Flintstones then seeing hem at the park. When I was older we visited Nick Studios and to have our own Nick studios here in Cincy was great as well. But times change.

Like I was saying, in my experience, the kids I have seen love the Peanuts characters. Sure, there are other properties, but I am guessing they want way too much $$$$$ comparatively. If Peanuts become too expensive or just so unrecognizable any more, I am sure that CF would re-consider. Until then, this is what the park has chosen to stick by.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, BoddaH1994 said:

Not sure if this was posted elsewhere but yes - Peanuts is very very safe for the long haul:

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/cedar-fair-and-peanuts-worldwide-extend-peanuts-licensing-agreement-to-2025-300517419.html

A thread was posted under "other parks and industry news":

• Like 1

Personally Ryan, I am pleased with their extension with the Peanuts franchise. The characters are recognizable and I see that kids love 'em. As I was saying in that thread I created, the price point I am sure has a lot to do with their renewal. If there comes a time when that price point is deemed not financially feasible, other characters and franchises will be considered.

Peanuts is also a theme they don't have to revamp every couple of years. Cartoon Network and Nickelodeon change their lineups all the time. Whatever's popular now with kids may not be a little down the road. The Wild Thornberrys, for example, had been off the air for years before the log flume lost the theme. Peanuts, though, has been stable for well over half a century.

I never liked Peanuts.  I always thought it was kind of dumb.  On that note, however, it's clear that it works... and it works well.  I'd heard that one of the biggest incentives for Cedar Fair to purchase Knott's was to gain access to the Peanuts franchise.  It definitely has more IP value than the Baranstain Bears, which they had previously.  

For the people saying that kids don't care about the theme, they couldn't be more right.  Outside of VERY beheld IPs such as Mickey, Disney princesses, and maybe Sesame Street, kids don't care.  The real value is in what you can do with them - which is only a factor on a scale of Cedar Fair and above.  Notice how there really isn't a Holi-dog spectacular?  They just don't have the materials to work with - but for what they are their own IP is perfect.  

• Like 2