Sandusky Waterpark closed indefinitely

Well, I`m sure that when the resort was being planned they did not predict the economy faltering as it has. However, they should have been more cautious upon entering the already saturated Sandusky market. I mean, the largest indoor water park in the country (the Kalahari) is located in Sandusky, as is a Great Wolf Lodge and the Cedar Fair owned Castaway Bay.

The real unfortunate result of that article is that the receiver of the Maui Sands property is not authorized to pay the employees their back pay. In other words, the employees cannot immediately get pay for hours which they`ve already worked and earned pay for. They will have to fight with the former owner of the resort with hopes of getting their back pay.

No huge surprise. As mentioned before how many indoor water parks does one area need? Especially an area that dies in the winter because it is a warm weather tourist area. Makes no sense.

exactly how many are there? i know that there is a gwl, that forcast rain thingy, castaway bay, and thats it.

^ Not to mention that when it was Great Bear, that was pretty much it for indoor waterparks in all of Ohio (not just Sandusky). I knew of lots of local groups that would have winter meetings at GB to work in a mini-vacation at the same time, but now they're all over Ohio. Most of the major markets (Cleveland, Columbus, Cincy) all have at least one (if not more) local indoor waterparks now.

It's a market niche that went from "hot" to "saturated" in no time!