It's Official...sponge Bob 3-d @ Pki

SML828

Well, according to Screamscape it's official for ALL Paramount parks....

PKI's quote:

"Spongebob Squarepants in 3D - (11/20/02) Paramount and Blur Studio (7th Portal) have confirmed that a new simulator film called Spongebob Squarepants in 3D will be added to the Action FX Theaters at all parks. "

I'll wait on passing judgment until I see/experience the actual ride/movie....

Forget that crap, I won't believe it until Paramount actually says something about it. I think its a really stupid idea, considering that there are height requirements for everything in Coney Mall, and nobody wants to see Spongebob in that part of the park, except those games that people waste money on playing. Spongebob belongs in NC/HBL and thats it. He shouldn't be in other parts of the park. I would say that most of the adult crowd, doesn't want to see Spongebob.

Its the stupidest thing I have ever heard of. Like I at 23 years old, am gonna go watch some stupid FX theater film on someone who has as stupid a name as Spongebob Squarepants? I think not. If they put that crap in, thats one side of action theater I won't be going to. I hope they make another Bond Movie, and make it awesome, so we at least have some action at the FX Theater.

I with fyrfyter also. I really think they should bring back days of thunder. I loved that ride. I really hated smash factory and it gave me a huge headache. meteor attack was so boring. I've already been on spiderman at IOA and 7th portal is nothing compared to that. James Bond was also great. Maybe they're make a new james bond since there is a new movie coming out soon. That would be awesome. I do hope that Sponge Bob does not come here. I don't think it will come now since on CW's website they call it the only ocean motion movie in the world. Why would they put that if they knew it was going to the other parks too.

Think about this logic for a moment... PKI has these big rides on either side of the mall. If parents have to bring their kids to the extreme back of the park, then theres more of a chance that the parents will leave their kids in the kiddy corral and ride the bigger rides. Follow my drift?

Oh, okay buddy. WRONG. Those people are riding SOB with their kids because they came to the park to ride SOB. They purposely walked over to AZ to ride it. There are no kids ride over there to lure over the parents. Incorrect buddy. And I've worked there longer than you I'm sure. And I know that a stupid Sponge Show is not going to increase capacity on Vortex or FOF or anything like that.

Thats not right. Days of Thunder was awesome, they stuff they show in that theater today is crap, compared to Days Of Thunder. The best two films, thus far, have been Days Of Thunder, and James Bond. It wouldn't surprise me if we saw another bond film, considerin the new one, Die Another Day opened today. And for the Bond fans out there, this movie totally rocks! I just went to see it, and it is awesome!

Lets just assume for a second that there is a new movie going in the theatre, i dont think its really going to bring that many more people if in into coney mall that already would have been at the park, remember Action Theatre height restriction for the motioned based seats is 44 inches.

You guys have it all wrong. Not to flame, I'm just informing. Sponge Bob is, unfortunately, very popular in my demographic. He's geared more or less toward middle/high school kids... I personally loathe him, but many people my age love him. I'm sure the show will be popular next year, just proving that people are getting dumber. The perfect example of spongebob's demographic is all the stuff in Hot Topic at Tri-County mall. Little kids don't go in a store that has the gates of hell in the front. But lo and behold, there is so much sponge bob crap in there... people have no taste.