Seaworld Orlando Raises Tickets by $5 to $74.95

I don't understand why they would do this? The only thing it will do is intrigue people to buy ticket packages. What's that going to do for them besides generate revenue by keeping people in the parks longer? Some people just don't know how to market!!

(Calm down, I was being sarcastic. SeaWorld actually has very good packages, especially if you live in Florida, so standard ticket prices are not on the very top of their concern list. Monroe waiting patiently for Manta.)

I ABSOLUTELY LOVEEEEEE Sea world. Some times they do give you two days for one price deal. But i never have to pay for the ticket, instead i pay for the Marine Mammal Keeper experience or Discovery Cove, and that'll get you in Sea World for a week. They also raised the camp prices. I did a 10 day extended advanced career camp for $1300 last year. (7 day was i believe $900). This year they shortened the camp to 6 days and raised the price up to $1100.

Like anywhere else, SeaWorld is a business. And guess what....Come a little closer, it's a secret. Animal care prices are going up. The last thing that zoo's and aquariums want to do is raise their prices. But when it becomes necessary to do so, you can bet your boots that like any other company, it will happen. I agree with a post listed earlier, people who can afford these types of parks are going to go regardless of $5.00 or $2.00 or whatever. If someone cannot financially attend this or any park, then the logical solution is not to go, or postpone your trip until you can. It stinks, but no thrill park is worth losing your quality of living over. Not even short term.

Just like Disney, they are pushing their guests towards the multi day tickets. Basically when you go to Orlando you need to decide are we doing Disney or the rest and then you buy your multi day ticket. Ticket sales might take a slight hit, but I would imagine in park spending goes up. Thats what the parks really want because they have a bigger margin on the stuff inside.

As I have learned from Avatar there are ways to take the trip to Orlando and save lots of money, you just need to be smart about it.

President: "So, the economy is doing bad and people are trying to save money"

Vice: "Yes Sir."

President: "So, let's raise prices!"

Vice: "WHAT?"

President: "What, like we're not entitled to capitalism?"

Vice: "Isn't it greedy unmonitered capitalism that got us into this mess?"

President: "And wasn't it Anti-Capitalism that...uh....Screwed some buisness?"

Vice: "Umm....."

President: "Look, just raise prices, ok?"

Vice: "Uhh, Very Good sir"

Just like Disney, they are pushing their guests towards the multi day tickets. Basically when you go to Orlando you need to decide are we doing Disney or the rest and then you buy your multi day ticket. Ticket sales might take a slight hit, but I would imagine in park spending goes up. Thats what the parks really want because they have a bigger margin on the stuff inside.

As I have learned from Avatar there are ways to take the trip to Orlando and save lots of money, you just need to be smart about it.

Exactly....for my cousin in Tampa, no Florida Discount on Disney tickets UNLESS you buy season pass

^

You dont go to Seaworld for coasters. Yes they are a great addition, but Seaworld in Orlando has so many amazing exhibts and rides that you just dont go for credits.

Honestly its like visiting Dollywood just for the credit.

Very true!

Dollywood is great, I got to go with Robbie (CoastersRZ) this past Sunday and Monday. I hadn't been in a while, but they still have a truly beautiful park with great shows and even some good rides. A treasure of Appalachia to be sure! And coaster credit x4!

Thunderhead is just awesome! My season pass will certainly get some use!

Heck, the season pass we bought paid for itself with just our two visits! And I will want to swing by there again and try and use that pass either in the summer or for next year`s Smoky Mountain Christmas.

And yes, the live shows at Dollywood are top notch. We watched three shows, one was an hour long and the other two were forty five minutes long! So three shows took 2.5 hours of time, and that`s just the actual run time of the show, not counting the time we sat in the theaters before the show started!

Dollywood is a really great park, and Thunderhead is now one of my top wooden coasters! It was the first coaster I have ever ridden that was designed by GCI. In my opinion, Kings Island needs one of those rides! I`d trade Son of Beast for a ride by GCI in a heartbeat.

And yes, the live shows at Dollywood are top notch. We watched three shows, one was an hour long and the other two were forty five minutes long! So three shows took 2.5 hours of time, and that`s just the actual run time of the show, not counting the time we sat in the theaters before the show started!

Dollywood is a really great park, and Thunderhead is now one of my top wooden coasters! It was the first coaster I have ever ridden that was designed by GCI. In my opinion, Kings Island needs one of those rides! I`d trade Son of Beast for a ride by GCI in a heartbeat.

I agree completely.

The dreamland drive-in show actually kept my 5 year old occupied for 3/4 of it.

And Thunderhead is my new favorite coaster!

Yeah, if you call being subjected to a two hour high pressure sales tactic in an attempt to sell you a time share, condo, undeveloped land or heaven knows what else...free, which I do not. Ugh.

Nope, there are always restaurants, shops, etc that have discounts and tickets.

Florida residents get discounts at all parks at various locations.

It really is not difficult.

But you didn't say just discounts, you said free six times out of ten! Free tickets are very uncommon, unless they are really compensation for being subjected to a sales pitch.

That is why I said 6. Had I included the discounts it would have been 9 out of 10.

Honestly, I can't imagine anyone paying full price for the parks unless they just drove up and decided to go.

I feel like I have nothing in common with this topic. All SeaWorld parks are free for me. It's kinda like KI associates complaining about admission prices to KI. Just wait for Manta. And there are so many different deals available from Busch Parks. For a very minimal amount of money, season passes can be purchased for Sea World, Discovery Cove, Aquatica, and Busch Gardens. Especially for Florida state residents. I know that I am not releasing any unheard of valuable information. But when you think about it, they really do offer some great deals.