Is kings island haunted

rollercoaster

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is talk amongst employees of Tower Johnny. From what I understand, he had a very unfortunate mishap with the cables on the Eiffel Tower during grad night. He also loves to play tricks on us employees late at night when the park has closed. Please keep in mind that this is all here say from the employees but I do have one very weird but true stroy to share with you all.....

My incident occured while closing at The Racer one July night. The park was closed and I was over by myself sweeping up the unload side of Racer Backwards station. The power to the ride had been shut off for about ten minutes and then I hear the control panel alarm go off.(beep, beep,ETC) So I go up to check the PanelView to make sure the power was off and the power to the ride was indeed turned off. I say to myself "that was weird" and go about my sweeping duties. Not even one minute after I start sweeping the panel alarm goes off again. I say to myself "I'm outta here" and call it a night.

How is that scary you ask? Well when you cut the power off to this particular ride, it cuts everything off, including the alarm. Which brings you to the question...What or WHO was making the alarm go off with the power off? Needless to say, I haven't been by myself at Racer since!

The Beast series by RL Stine is a must have for any PKI addict. I read the first one straight through without stopping. Good books to keep me occupied for the offseason. I must have read them about 20 times between both of them. As for the incident Teenageninja was talking about, could that have been The Racer Boy? I do know there is a story about him out there on the Internet somewhere. In fact, it's right here...

PKI Ghost Stories

• 3 weeks later...

Working at the park you hear some good ones. I don't know full stories just where "supposed" ghosts are. The IR one on that site is not true but fun to scare people with. This is what I've been told:

-After close people have said to have seen a little girl in a yellow poka-dot dress around the waterpark and in the woods around White Water Canyon or the Picnic Grove

-Supposedly an old supervisor that once worked at Tucker's by The Vortex had died in a car accident and came back and haunts the restuarant. This is funny because one of the current food full-time managers will not enter after close. Supposedly the two didn't get along and any time he is in there after close things start falling off shelves.

-The tower one is true, he really did die on there. I don't know if he haunts it but it is freaky leaving the park really late at night and walking past the tower. When the elevator is not being used the cables sway and snap against each other. It just creates a really eery feeling.

AZ_Kinda_Guy, ever think it could have been either Monster, Express, or the other side of Racer? I have heard some alarms that I would have never thought about hearing when the park is closed. Sounds just love to carry over the wind.

No way it could have been another ride. All other rides had been powered down and the alarm sound was that lovely sound the PanelViews love to make at us when the ride breaks down.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, i do know that PKI has a few death stories goin around...some true some not. So that may make it haunted, but i do know that the past workers of Phantom Theater can tell you of a "Phantom" that was supposed to be scary. Personally, i didn't mind the Maestro in the middle of the ride, but ask any other employee of that ride and they will tell their reasons for being scared of him. A few say that when they sweep around his feet they saw his hand move. They are scared that he will come alive and take them without anyones knowledge. :unsure:

• 5 months later...

I'm sorry for bringing back an old topic, but recent events are making me bring it back!

On the 4th, I was working WWC when the storms came in. After we shut down the ride and got everyone out, we were sitting around talking and playing UNO (with massive cheating going on). I started a conversation about the ghosts of the park, and it grew and grew. I then found out that WWC is supposedly haunted. I didn't believe it at first, because I hadn't heard anything about it yet. I thought they were just joking. So I started cracking jokes and playing pranks. One included daring a person to page tower 2 (the haunted tower) and try to contact the ghosts.

Well, at the end of the night, I'm walking out of the park and going by Thornberries River Adventure. The elephant at the end only squirts water when a boat goes by. Well, at 12:20, with the ride power OFF, just as I am walking by it, IT STARTS TO SQUIRT!

Now, I normally wouldn't have thought much about it, just a normal malfunction, but with me talking about ghosts, and making fun of ghosts all night, while working on a haunted ride, made me think twice about it.

So has anyone else had anything really creepy like this happen to them at the park?

For a good listing of of supposed hauntings at PKI, copy this URL:

Hauntings at Paramount's Kings Island

Also, I noticed that it mentioned the cemetery between the campgrounds and the park. I remember seeing that about 14 years ago, but haven't seen it since. I was wondering if it was still in existance, if if so, where it is.

An experience that's not on that page was told to me by an old friend of mine who worked there about fifteen years ago. Even back then, ghost stories circulated like crazy. Apparently, the Paramount Theatre is built almost exactly where the old farm house was before PKI was built. (Oh yeah, and the park that used to be there according to RL Stein's book is a lie) Anyway, they used to go in there after hours and play with a Ouija Board on the stage. One time, the pointer shot out of their hands.

Now, you need to take this for what it's worth, but he is a grown man now and he really isn't one to lie or exaggerate.

-Ryan ohmy.gif

Haunted you better believe it. I swear to you!!!! Maybe none of you know this but The Beast 2 years ago had a little bumper accident and caused alot of injurys. Well later on a teen that was in that died at the hospital. Ok you don't have to believe me about this but its true. Well one day when it was around night time me my girlfriend and some friends went far back in the woods of The Beast. We stopped to talk a little while and my friend Tyler found a blue hat that said "Duck hunting USA" he put it on and we started walking further. While we were walking i saw tyler and blood was dripping from the hat. i imediatly ask him what happened. He asked me what was i talking about. Then he felt blood coming down that hat. He threw it and we all went to see what happened. The hat was full of blood. It wasn't Tyler's blood though. We were freaked so we left the park. It might be still back there.Anyways its the truth and we found out later that the teen lost it on the ride. It the truth you don't have to believe me.

Dude! Um i dont really know much about ghost stories at pki but i have heard of a bunch of sightings on the pathway on the side of The Vortex i have heard of Kids just getting off work feeling creeped when they walk on the side of The Vortex...i have also heard that The Racer is haunted! blink.gifhuh.gif

ok i hate to break it to you but hats are fabric and blood couldn't stay in for more than a day it has holes in hats to. So sorry but thats a lie.

What? Could you cleen that up please? And from what I can understand, your saying blood can't stay in fabric for more than one day? Well I'm no forensic detective but I'm sure thats wrong. Blood can stay in fabric for a very long time.