Removed Rides

Stitch

Why, some of their past rides were crap, like The Bat. it was down one day for every two days it ran, because of mechanical problems and unbanked turns. I think the past is important, but not this important. Paramount keeps some of their past inside The Paramount Story, but the place is kinda junked up, and I never see anyone in there, so why waste the space and the money?

• 3 weeks later...

I would definitely visit a museum of Kings Island, as long as they don't make it like a dumb ride. Has anyone been on the History of Flight at Disney World? That was terrible. Make it a walk-through, replacing the Paramount Story. Kings Island is a part of my past, although I don't remember it well. Bring back the snail from EV, some smurfs, and a log from the old log flumes and I'll be happy. (Oh, don't forget Maestro!)

I like the sound of that! That would be a GREAT IDEA! I will tell you one thing, I would spend as much time in that area as it took to read and understand the history of the park! I guess I am just obsessed with history of places like Kings Island. -adam12

-Last post by "adam12" was on 12-24-2002 at 9:21PM

The park would seriously have to make it more interesting, in order for it to work. The same stuff has been in the Paramount Story what seems like forever, and it always looks dirty, and wastes lots of space. I never see anyone in there, so a change to that area, is welcome in my mind.

If only Jeff Seibert Or David Mandt Would read this post, not saying that it would have any effect but it couldn't hurt. I think that the number of guests would be high to the KI musem because it has been such an important part of many peoples past and it would constantly get updated (IE... As time passes more history) I personaly wish to see the Paramount Story Removed and the musem established. If you agree with me please post your feelings! :ph34r:

That Hard Rock Cafe is a GREAT IDEA!!! That is so good I think it should be sent to one of the people at PKI!!! If nothing else it would be an Idea for them to throw around. Also send it to the Hard Rock people and see what they think, getting them on our side would help alot! I never even thought about that, that is a REALLY good idea. -adam12

Hard Rock is teamed with Universal, they most likely wouldn't go into PKI. Plus Kings Island had a sit down restuarant at one time, is it there anymore, nope. Ain't going to happen, at least not in the near future. From rumors this summer, Wings IS being redone during the winter to a new theme or design along with a few of the other food places.

No, the international restuarant is not open. It is still used however for company picnics or private parties. If you were to bring a group to KI and get the group picnic in the picnic grove you can opt to have it in the International Restuarant if your group is small enough. Also, if you have a gold season pass you may get invited to have dinner up there during the 4th of July fireworks like we hosted last year. (I snuck out and went on the roof for pictures)

Last time I heard Wings was being 'rethemed' like I said earlier. Nothing too drastic just a theme change. At one time it wasn't called Wings Dinner. Before Paramount it was Columbia Palace, so it might just be time for a change again.

The other restuarant you may see 'rethemed' is Oktoberfest Gardens right by Adventure Express and the Slingshot. I don't know what it will be but I just heard that they wanted to make changes and possibly change their menu.

Maestro would be nice in the museum, since he is is no longer with us. Alos, they oculd build the museum right next to the current stage where the dolphin stadium and stuff used to be, or they coudl turn the bleak insides of Festhaus into the museum, a museum part, as well as a Food part giving the best of both worlds, since nothing else important is in festhaus right now.