Removed Rides

Stitch

• 10 years later...

Personally, the ride was a fail. The general idea was great but executed poorly. Another issue of bringing it back was that it was deemed a terrible ride due to the amount of time it sat without riders, gave off a negative connotation..."Hey didn't you know 12 people died on Son of Beast, that's why the closed it."

That kind of image is not a pleasant one and not one that the park would willingly go back to.

• Like 1

- Tumble Bug was a Schwarzkopf antique that came from Cincinnati's Coney Island where it operated for many, many years. It was located in Old Coney near The Racer's entrance where the basketball toss now sits. It operated at KI until around 1985 when it was removed for the addition of Skylab. Sadly, the ride was junked and discarded having entertained literally thousands of people for decades. It, IMO, was one of the silliest removals KI ever made.

- Skylab was a Huss Giant Enterprise. Only three ever existed and KI had one of them. It was added in 1986, I think, and lasted until the mid-1990s. It was a maintenance nightmare in which the hydraulic arm would "fail" and the wheel would drop to the ground with a loud "THUD." The ride, althrough a guest favorite, took the place of the Tubble Bug. It was removed after the park deemed the ride too costly to repair and unsafe. It sat idle for a full season before it was fianlly removed. The que and drivers booth (also used for the TB) still exists and can be seen next to The Racer's exit. It has been enclosed, and is used for storage of plush prizes. Only one Giant Enterprise still exists, and it is at KI's sister park Paramount's Canada's Wonderland.

Wait, so the inexplicable rectangular building between the exit path of The Racer and the silly basketball game used to be the queue for the Tumble Bug?

Huh. The more you know.

Somebody should compile a comprehensive list of all the remnants from past attractions. I'd do it, but I haven't the experience necessary.

Cinema 180 was fun, but I recall one of the final years it had a movie that featured flying in a helicopter, rafting over rapids and a rollercoaster. Ironically the rollercoaster it featured was "The Beast." I remember thinking to myself "Jimminy Crickets, why doesn't everyone just go ride it for real rather than watch a movie of it?"

Shaggy

Does shaggy still post?

- Tumble Bug was a Schwarzkopf antique that came from Cincinnati's Coney Island where it operated for many, many years. It was located in Old Coney near The Racer's entrance where the basketball toss now sits. It operated at KI until around 1985 when it was removed for the addition of Skylab. Sadly, the ride was junked and discarded having entertained literally thousands of people for decades. It, IMO, was one of the silliest removals KI ever made.

- Skylab was a Huss Giant Enterprise. Only three ever existed and KI had one of them. It was added in 1986, I think, and lasted until the mid-1990s. It was a maintenance nightmare in which the hydraulic arm would "fail" and the wheel would drop to the ground with a loud "THUD." The ride, althrough a guest favorite, took the place of the Tubble Bug. It was removed after the park deemed the ride too costly to repair and unsafe. It sat idle for a full season before it was fianlly removed. The que and drivers booth (also used for the TB) still exists and can be seen next to The Racer's exit. It has been enclosed, and is used for storage of plush prizes. Only one Giant Enterprise still exists, and it is at KI's sister park Paramount's Canada's Wonderland.

Wait, so the inexplicable rectangular building between the exit path of The Racer and the silly basketball game used to be the queue for the Tumble Bug?

Huh. The more you know.

Somebody should compile a comprehensive list of all the remnants from past attractions. I'd do it, but I haven't the experience necessary.

I just made a topic where we can share exactly that information!

• Like 2