New visitor

CutToThePoint

Hello everyone,

I will be getting a Cedar Fair Platinum Pass this coming season, as I live pretty close to Cedar Point. I have been on most of the rides there, and I love the park. Because I can get free access to Kings Island with my pass, I will probably go there one or two times next season. Although I'm sure there are a few topics about this already, I can't find any, as the search feature isn't really that great. However, could someone please tell me/give me links of what to expect if I go to KI this summer. What rides _must_ I go on (Diamondback looks great, but that's all I've seen.) What do I need to do? What is my best way to go around the park if I want to get all important rides in? If this is in the wrong section, by all means please move it.

Thanks!

Right off the top of my head, D-Back, Beast, Vortex, Racer, Flight of Fear, Adventure Express are all must rides, you'll find most of the rides there are great rides. Son of Beast should be avoided at all costs unless you have a steel spine.

Try to hit some of the shows, there are some real quality ones out there, and the kids area is stellar if you have youngins!

Right off the top of my head, D-Back, Beast, Vortex, Racer, Flight of Fear, Adventure Express are all must rides, you'll find most of the rides there are great rides. Son of Beast should be avoided at all costs unless you have a steel spine.

Try to hit some of the shows, there are some real quality ones out there, and the kids area is stellar if you have youngins!

Don't you mean Beast should be avoided? :rolleyes: No really, Son of Beast is actually a great ride. Yes it's a little rough in the rosebowl but other than that it's a great ride! I find Beast ten thousand times rougher than Son of Beast, mostly cause of the double helix at the end. Well back on topic.....

No trip to Kings Island is complete without a ride on Eiffel Tower, But I would try to wait mid-day til' you go on that. The first thing you should go to is Diamondback which is in Rivertown. While in Rivertown; ride Crypt, Beast, KI&MVRR, and White Water Cannon if it's hot. Next you should go ride Backlot Stunt Coaster, it's a launched family coaster with great theming and great effects (when they work!) Vortex is a must ride, It features six inversions, and an awesome helix. Be sure to sit in seat 7-1 for a smooth ride and great airtime! If you like spinning rides, I'd be sure to ride Shake Rattle & Roll. Racer is a classic and has tons of great airtime and you can usually get re-rides. Flight of Fear is an LIM coaster that launches riders 54mph. through four inversions in almost all dark. Firehawk isn't that thrilling, it's more relaxing, I'd only go on it if the line isn't too long. While in Oktoberfest, be sure to ride Viking Fury and Adventure Express, two rides most people forget about. Action Zone features the most thrilling rides in the park. Delirium is a HUSS Giant Frisbee and is very similar to MaXair at the Point. Invertigo, well just be sure to bring some Advil for it... Drop Tower is pure amazing! Make sure you hold your hands up the whole ride! Flight Deck is my favorite steel coaster at Kings Island. It's an Arrow Suspended Coaster, and it's a thousand times better than Dragon Iron. Son of Beast is my favorite coaster at Kings Island. Sit in the front seat of the red train if possible. In the rosebowl (the only rough part) make sure you try to keep your self as still as possible to lack roughness. If you like Kid rides, go to Nickelodeon Universe, and also Kings Island has Boomerang Bay at nice waterpark.

I would recomend to start around Diamondback or The Beast and work your way around in a circle to The Vortex, stunt coaster, Firehawk, Flight of Fear, Racer, etc. and as for the lines, since your probably used to cp lines they should be no problem if you get there mid morning.

p.s. Where have you guys been SOB's loop has been gone a long time

Welcome to KICentral! In my opinion your must rides are, Diamondback for next year. Shaping up to be one behemoth of a coaster that will provide ou with a wicked ride. The Beast, no other wooden coaster experience like it. If you can get a night ride on it as well. Flight of Fear, one of the first LIM Launched coasters and it provides an amazing ride. Firehawk, truly a unique experience on any coaster, make sure you spread your arms and fly. Racer, nostalgia purposes. One must ride that you have to ride is Drop Tower. As you can see by my signature and avatar there is no flat better than Drop Tower. Overall though all the rides and coasters at Kings Island are must rides. Hope you enjoy yourself when you go and make sure you post Trip Reports.

I am far from an expert but as a fellow CP Platinum Pass holder I made it in July of last year. I didn't get to ride everything but found the park very enjoyable. The big thing they were missing (IMO) was a good air time coaster - which is being corrected with DBack. Assuming it rides similar to Behemoth expect loads of air time!

My advise is really to do everything, ride all the coasters so you can check them off your list (I still have SOB and Firehawk yet to ride). Definitely ride the Crypt, that is something we don't have at CP. Everyone will have their own opinions on each coaster or ride, you'll compare and make your own decisions - and if you're like me some of those may change over time. I didn't like Blue Streak at all initially, but now a visit to CP isn't complete without riding it at least once. I found Racer being one of my favorites (someone mentioned re-rides? Did I miss something?)

The water park area is great if you like that, it is definitely better than Soak City! I haven't done it yet, they have a challenge Park type ride called Slingshot which looks pretty intense.

Just hope the park doesn't lose power on a day that you are there!!!

KI is pretty east as far as the layout goes. The park is designed in a nice U shape with Nick Universe to the right as you enter and Action Zone to the left. My advice is to, of course, go during the week!! Start with Diamondback or The Beast (some of us who are old timers will always start and finish with The Beast.) Then head for Backlot Stunt Coaster, Vortex. Racer, Flight of Fear and Firehawk. (If you don't pass LaRosa's Pizza, you're going the wrong way!). Ride Adventure Express. It's better than Cedar Creek Mine Ride. Then head for Action Zone and ride Invertigo, Drop Tower, Delerium, Flight Deck, and Son of Beast. With regard to Son of Beast, ride it when it is cooler outside in the evening. And don't staple yourself in or hold on too tight or you will get your teeth shaken out of your skull. Just put your hands up, relax your body and enjoy the G forces!!!!

Although many adults avoid the kids area, make sure to ride Fairly Odd Coaster, Avatar, and Wild Thornberry's.

In addition take the opportunity to go up the Eiffel Tower!!!! And, no matter what, make sure to ride The Beast at night!!!

Have fun.

If you had to skip a coaster, skip Invertigo. It really isn't that fun of a ride in my opinion for the fact that it serves little airtime except the two sudden drops. Plus it is kind of jerky and will make you very disoriented.

LOL!:lol:

I think I may of misspelled "jerky" wrong!

Tuesday-Thursdays are always the best days to visit the park but in the summer it usually is a steady crowd no matter what day.

Yep. Best bet is to go on either a Sunday early in the season (like April or early May) or Tues-Thurs shortly after it opens through the week but before local schools are out for the summer. You should be walk-on for almost every ride during those times. Same goes for end of season - Sundays are fairly deserted in October. We went on closing day (a Sunday) this year and walked on almost every single ride in the park. The only ride with a wait was 30 minutes for Firehawk because it was only running 1 train. We had to leave before close because I had to work, so between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m. we rode every single coaster (Flight Deck, Flight of Fear and BLSC multiple times) and several flats.

Hello everyone,

I will be getting a Cedar Fair Platinum Pass this coming season, as I live pretty close to Cedar Point. I have been on most of the rides there, and I love the park. Because I can get free access to Kings Island with my pass, I will probably go there one or two times next season. Although I'm sure there are a few topics about this already, I can't find any, as the search feature isn't really that great. However, could someone please tell me/give me links of what to expect if I go to KI this summer. What rides _must_ I go on (Diamondback looks great, but that's all I've seen.) What do I need to do? What is my best way to go around the park if I want to get all important rides in? If this is in the wrong section, by all means please move it.

Thanks!

Read around...a lot. It's all here...all over.

And unless that Cedar Fair pass is a Platinum Pass, you won't be getting in free at Kings Island...

Welcome!

Terp, please tell me that was just an oversight on your part. I almost fell off my chair when I read that. :P

In addition to all the advice you've already received, I would like to throw in my 2 cents. If you're only going to make it down once, I would get a ride on Son of Beast. In fact, I would try to hit all the coasters, they're all unique in their own ways. I will cede that SoB is a rough ride, but if you've braved Mean Streak, you should be fine. Hope you have fun and welcome to the forums.

Hello everyone,

Thanks!

Read around...a lot. It's all here...all over.

And unless that Cedar Fair pass is a Platinum Pass, you won't be getting in free at Kings Island...

Welcome!

Terp, please tell me that was just an oversight on your part. I almost fell off my chair when I read that. :P

I think the original poster edited their post because I concur that it originally just said "Cedar Point Pass". So Terpy's not crazy. At least, not in this instance.