Could PKI lose the "P" part soon?

fyrfyter

An error on my part, but I got the two major companies confused. Just so people know, it seems Vivendi is 19 billion dollars in debt, and may be looking for partners or even possibly to sell some of their "entertainment properties" a Reuters report had to say. Perhaps several more Paramount Parks will appear? Sounds like a good idea to me, sell the parks to a company that knows what it is doing.

I don't see Viacom ever having financial problems. Have you seen how many companys they own? Unless the have corrupt people working for them.

That is what everyone said about Enron as well. Perhaps, Viacom coudl aquire the rights to universal parks, and then the names of the parks I am sure would definitely change. nothing like Universal/paramount Kings Island.

All the universal parks, or just IOA? Paramount Studios Sounds good too. Get rid of that stupid globe rotating in front of it, and add the mountain peak with stars. Sweet! If they do decide to start selling off parks, I'm sure that SixFlags will be after a bunchof them, big time. Nothing like SFIOA.

What is SF's big deal? Are they having financial woes as well? I do think though if Vivendi decides to sell some of their parks, Paramount should make a decent effort to try and acquire at least one, if not a few more, so that they have more than just 4 parks in North America.

"captain picard" who is having financial woes? Paramount ia not havng financial problems. Let's think about this for a minute. Paramount Parks is owned by Paramount. Paramount is owned by Viacom. Viacom owns many companies, and is a multi-billion dollar company. If Paramount Parks ever had financial trouble(which they won't) but if they did, Viacom would just invest more money into them. And as long as a profit is being made (which it is-look at those crowds), they won't have financial trouble.

And by the way "fyrfyter", there are currently FIVE Paramount Parks in North America. Paramount's Kings Island, Paramount's King's Dominion, Paramount's Carowinds, Paramount Canada's Wonderland, and Paramount's Great America. :D

Yea honestly I doubt Paramount will by them. Vivendi is having financial troubles, but I would hate to see Paramount ruin the great themeing. I would love to have my pass get me in for free down there, and I'm sure Paramount would be able to keep the theming, but I just have that fear. Anyways, PKI did destory little theming, but they should bring it back, that's my oppinion though.

Paramount may be having financial problems. Their park in California, Great America, has lost money for the past 2 years. The park was shut down twice this past season due to violence/riots. And as if that were not enough, the city of Santa Clara may not extend the lease for the property that Great America sits on. The city wants it back. The other American parks are performing below expectations. Kings Dominion in Virginia also experienced a riot situation this past season. Kings Island, the "big dog" of Paramount Parks struggled to even come close to projections this past season. It is also rumored that Star Trek: The Experience will close soon as the commitment with Hilton Hotels comes to an end. Attendance at that attraction has been lackluster for many years. Interestingly enough, Paramount will manage the Terra Mitica park in Spain, with the Paramount name visibly absent from that property. On a side note, as discussed previously on this board, Six Flags is also having financial difficluties of its own. The annual report mailed to stock holders for the past two years has sited "weather conditions" as major factors in the companies underperformance. :ph34r:

Paramount cannot be having financial trouble when it is owned by one of the biggest names in the entertainment industry, Viacom. Viacom owns so many different properties, and makes so much money off of them that they cannot be having financial trouble. If Paramount (or Paramount Parks) was having financial trouble, do you not think that Viacom would not just invest more money into them? Like really, think about that. Plus, Paramount Pictures makes some of the biggest blockbuster films, and makes money off of them, so they cannot be having financial trouble.

Especially when you look at their earnings, which just so happen to be in billions. On the othr hand, conpanies like Six Flags can have financial trouble (not saying they are!), because they aren't owned by any large property like Paramount. :D

You guys need to learn how to read the posts. he didn't say anything about Paramount itself having financial problems, but the parks are the places that seem to be having the problems. I think much of these problems can be contributed to 9/11, and I think its gonna take a while for the Theme and amusement park industry to bounce back. Its not like PKI is closing its doors or anything like that, I just think with the economy and several other factors, the parks seem to be stuck in some kind of rut for the time being, and who knows how long it will take them to get out of it. Money is tight right now, which probably means less people can afford to buy season passes and go to Theme Parks right now.

• 4 years later...

This is a utterly useless topic in my opinion, there is no chance that they will be selling the park.

I was just browsing some really old topics and found this one rather funny.

There are many old posts that try and predict the future past 2002 that will make you just smile since most never came true.