Best Experience with an employee

Return of D

When I was five...

There was this guy that worked over at The Beast. I was in the cage and he walks up to me and says that he used to look just like me! So he asked me if I was interested in working The Beast. I ovcorse said yes.

We went into the room and I sat in the seat. He told me which buttens to press and when and how to press them. (This is back when they used to let the train fly into the station and stop it at the last second.) I got to control three full rides!

The next time they were shorthanded and he couldent let me do it because of the shorthandedness. So my mom took a picture of us.

The next time we went we asked for him. Some girl said that he got a job in Texas and moved away. :( Sad really sad.

this is going to come off as selfish, maybe, but the best experience i had with employees was being one, and meeting some of the coolest people ever. people of all different types, races, ages, we just clicked, and it was really cool. I work a job now where i don't get along with a good number of the people. The age differences are a lot more extreme, but still... I miss Kings Island undescribably just because... it was so much fun to work at scream zone/az carts... i think i'm going to fill out my rehire packet right now.

My best experence with a employee was the last day of the season this year. I was the 1st one down there and waiting on the acers who were at beast still. Got 2 solo cycles and a nice conversation. Helped me get off to a good start even though my snapping skills well sucked all day.

I have to agree that as a employee things were fun. Me and my buddy tom did some wacky things down on top gun. Slow dancing with a stick, monkey checks. Fun all around!

Oh that was fun. You did forget the air guitar and fighting with managers over the music or lack thereof. Oh and all the things we arent supposed to talk about (you know what I mean Pat).

I have good memories about making other people have fun. For example, when I was working over at Reptar once (right after I got trained), it started raining. Well, there was only one little girl. Well, me and another person started playing some games to keep her entertained. That was actually a lot of fun.

The best employee Kings Island employee I have EVER seen was 2 years ago at The Beast. It was a summer evening. This "kid" (about 17 I think) was one of the 2 checking lap bars. He was not even close to the "it's just a job" attitude. He looked like he had the greatest job in the world. He had a big smile on his face constantly...he was "warming up" the people waiting to ride The Beast by yelling over to them "Is everybody ready to ride The Beast?" (Which the crowd got into, yelling back at him.) He would get the people in the cars screaming as loud as they could before the cars left...then he would be applauding them as they came back asking them if they enjoyed their ride. The smile never left his face. It made the usual good time riding The Beast into kind of a community event. Like I mentioned, this happened 2 years ago and it still is a vivid memory. I am not sure if I lucked out and caught him during his first day or what...but he was fun. I wish more people had his spirit. I never went back again that summer, and haven't seen him since...