Funny/Stupid things you did at PKI

Dane

Post the funniest and/or stupidest thing you did at PKI...

Mine might sound stupid but I was riding the backwards Racer and I had a game with myself to get the most people to wave at me. And if they didn't I'd yell at them. Ahhh, I guess you had to be there.

Edited by Dane

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This summer at pki, I didnt feel real good, but I was ridong rides anyways. I ate some pizza and cheese fries, then went to ride the backwards racer. I didnt feel sick while I was in line, but when we were going up the lift hill, I thought I was going to throw up. Right before we turned around, I blew chuncks all over the people in front of me.The funny thing was, I saw a large piece of a french fry in the ladies hair. I laughed so hard I almost threw up again. I told the people i barfed on I was really sorry, then I ran away. :lol:

Well, while working with someone from this board (yea, you know who you are) we were checking bars acting like monkeys, having the entire station rolling. That, and whenever I was bored, I would slowdance with the height stick. Good times, good times.

Do you know how much everyone hated the costume people? I don't remember which character it was, but he always came to Huck Dairy and would pick up spoons and throw them at us. One that was annoying and immature, two we had to throw away all the spoon cause the character had his hands all over them. I'm sure the games people weren't too thrilled with you either for throwing their chickens.

While in costume i used to take the rubber chickens from the games and through them at guest or some times we would throw pinecones at ride operators......i miss the endless PKI summer....

I hope throwing pine cones at ride operators was considered one of the stupid things you did. Throwing pine cones at a ride operator while he/she is trying to focus or operate a ride is NOT a smart thing to do. Consider yourself lucky not to have been caught by somebody in upper management.

Sparky you beat me to it, throing pine cones at anybody at the park rather it be associates or guest is highly stupid and immature. It can distract a ride operator from doing their job, and could casue something to happen which wouldnt be good.

Working at Front Gate can get pretty boring...so my coworkers and I would dance to the music...we had every song memorized. The Forrest Gump theme would be "your best friend just died" and we would cry and look at our cards (the ones with numbers on them) like they were pictures. And then there was the Pee Wee Herman song...running...then walking....then running. The greatest one I would have to say was the Mexican song, where we would act like toreadors and bulls, and act out a fight. Oh, good times. One of the dumbest "guest" things I did was when I would get ice cubes, and walk right behind people. I would pretend to sneeze, and then toss an ice cube at the back of their neck. No one really ever realized it was just an ice cube...

• 3 weeks later...

This isn't really something i did, but it is still just as funny! One day in the middle of the summer, Maintenance turned up the speed of Boulder Bumpers b/c we said it was too slow. The problem was that they turmed it up too fast and the cars were FLYING! When a kid would crash into another the back end of the car would come up off the ground about six inches...And if you have seen that ride you would know that the impacts are barely anything. This was funny to see the kids faces, they were SCARED! :D

One time when I was there with my sister we were talking like brittish people it was funny because in line for face off it was two for tuesday and the person behind us asked what it was and I told her what it was and then she asked us where we were from and my sister said London and she told the kid that I was Emma Watson and she believed her and asked for my autograph and we just got on the ride and when we were going up the hill we started cracking up. And by the way Emma Watson is the girl who plays Hermione is Harry Potter.

no no no no, the stupidest thing i did was in 2001 a tornado watch was issued in the park. so all rides were down and we were at congo with cobra/dot crew, and we got bored and someone said it would be funny if someone called tower and asked them if they were reopened. keep in mind lightning was everywhere. so anyway i stepped up and called tower and when someone picked up i said, "THIS IS CHRIS FROM CONGO/DROPZONE, are you guys back up??? i felt like a complete idiot after that! :P

Ok I thought of a good one I did. It was about 40 degrees outside and surprisengly Congo Falls was open. Nobody and i mean nobody was on it and the workers were just sitting around and talking. Well, being dared by my friends, rode it. I sat in front/middle. The most hilarious thing is I was yelling the entire time. For example, at the top of the hill I was yelling, "FEAR MY WRATH MORTALS! Laughing micanically down the hill. After passing under the bridge I was yelling at people in the voice of our old friend, Mistro. "What are you looking at?!?" "Behold the mystery of sanity." "Muhahaha!"

GOOD TIMES

Ok Dane, I have one just like yours, but its not as funny...

SOB goes down for rain for about 1 1/2 hrs. Noone in the station and the line is cut off. Anyway, the rain goes down to barely raining, and my sup dares me to ride it once we get the clearance to go up. Well, we get the clearance, and I ride it in spitting rain. I get back with a bunch of welts. No wonder noone else was on the train!

Ok ok my turn. So I'm walking the back way to Drop Zone behind Congo and in front of Timberwolf. I get behind Drop Zone and its kinda muddy but I don't think anything of it. I start walking down this tiny hill and BAM! I fall straight on my side and my one side is covered in mud. Shoes, socks, shorts, shirt, everything was muddy. Needless to say I sported some rain pants for the rest of the day.

Barnyard, that gate trick is hilairious! The expressions on the guests face are priceless...As with the Tower phone call, I won't go into that. Well maybe I will...You called Tower and said your name and I was like "don't say your name!" and then you hung up real quick. That was some funny stuff.....Ahhh good times my friend, good times.

Folks, you see these memories we are putting up here? These are the things that make KI such a great place to work. The friends and the memories. I wouldn't trade any of those two in for the world. :D

I quickly found out why they tell you to keep your head back on the head rest on FOF.

I'm 5'6" and my husband's 6'2". I'm sitting on the right side of the car and he's on the left. Towards the end of the ride where you're tilted one direction and then it quickly snaps you the other direction, my head was up and as it snapped my head smacked right into my husband's shoulder really hard! OUCH! Needless to say, I had a headache the rest of the day.