Summer Job Crunch Already Starting

The odds of getting any part-time job at Cedar Point can be challenging. There are about 5,000 summer jobs available, and last year, Cedar Fair received more than 14,000 applications.

Cedar Fair Vice President Robin Innes said, "We know there are a lot more people interested and available who probably in other years wouldn't be available to us. But now these people are looking at other opportunities and Cedar Point has those opportunities for them."...

http://www.wkyc.com/news/local/news_articl...780&catid=3

Atlanta has a much, much lower unemployment rate than does the rustbelt. Even still...

Even still, I was just really really surprised to hear advertisements for the park on the radio.

I know that staffing problems can be challenging some times, but I can not believe that there is that much of a need.

I'm even more amazed that with the limited funds currently available to Six Flags, they'd choose to spend some of them that way now. . . .

Exactly.

I know that Busch Gardens used to run ads in the Tampa/St. Pete area but I've not heard them do that in years.

Any idea if Six Flags is doing that in any other markets?

Well, if the end of last summer is any indication, Coney will need all the help it can get! From early to mid August, we were short staffed in the rides department almost every weekend that I worked! We even had volunteers helping run the kiddie rides, and were still short staffed!

Coney`s rides always start the season fine staffing wise, but as colleges start to go back in August, and local schools start back at the end of August, it becomes harder and harder to fill all the positions, even on weekends.

...Any idea if Six Flags is doing that in any other markets?

They are having a job fair at Six Flags Over Texas. And from the looks of the article about it, the TV station could use an editor (or two or more!) :) :

http://www.the33tv.com/pages/content_landi...&feedID=460

Don't miss the video...it makes more sense (and is to the right of the article). Also check out the appearance of some of the applicants!