What kind of objects have you lost on a ride?

csikoth

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest TombraiderTy
...then rode frontwards Racer immediately after and LOST my Bluetooth! :angry: That was opening day 2007, and I haven't been on (red?) Racer since!

The front-facing side was the North track, now the Blue Racer. Thankfully, you can still ride Red Racer :D

I plan on losing my mind on Diamondback.

I plan on losing my voice on Diamondback. I have lost it before on The Beast.

One time while riding the Hulk my keys slipped out of my pocket. Luckily my keys were on my Colts lanyard which happened to snag the back of the train. It still didn't stop me from freaking out that I lost my keys then we see them hanging off the back of the train and a ride op retrieved them for me.

Once in the Double Helix on The Beast, my dad's sunglasses started sliding down his nose, and he kept smacking himself in the face trying to push them back up. I always feel like I'm gonna lose stuff on Firehawk, even with my cargo shorts, I always wind up riding one handed with the other hand holding stuff in my pocket whether it was really going anywhere or not.

Things I have lost on coasters:

* A Casio watch...two different ones, both on wood coasters...one on, of all things, Shivering Timbers at Michigan's Adventure, one on what was then Grizzly (now Timber Terror) at Silverwood in Idaho. In both cases, I replaced the watch at different nearby Target stores!

* About $2.75 in change, mostly quarters, on Tatsu at Six Flags Magic Mountain...flew out of a cargo pants pocket, it did!

Things I have caught on a coaster:

* On my very first ride on Magnum XL-200, I uncharacteristically sat in row 2. (Hey, I had not ridden it before and I was in a hurry to get on!). Two doctors were in row 1. One had a large bag type portable phone (the word cell phone was not yet used). Shaped like a large brick, it was. As we flew down the first drop, the phone flew up above my head. I instinctively grabbed it!

* On my very first ride on Magnum XL-200, I uncharacteristically sat in row 2. (Hey, I had not ridden it before and I was in a hurry to get on!). Two doctors were in row 1. One had a large bag type portable phone (the word cell phone was not yet used). Shaped like a large brick, it was. As we flew down the first drop, the phone flew up above my head. I instinctively grabbed it!

Terpy's got good reflexes!

Nice signature! But you forgot two things, Winter SOAR on Feb. 21st. and Coaster Mania on June 5th!

Thanks KRAZY B)

I need coasters NOW. I am going through withdrawal somethin' fierce!

I don't get to ride a coaster til' April 17th. I mean 18th! :angry: But if I go somewhere warmer for spring break I'll get to ride a coaster.

2,000th. post, I'm now a KIC Double Platinum Member.

Nice signature! But you forgot two things, Winter SOAR on Feb. 21st. and Coaster Mania on June 5th!

Thanks KRAZY B)

I need coasters NOW. I am going through withdrawal somethin' fierce!

Wow!! Your sig is really filling up now!!

Now, you just need to add the dates for Coaster Solace at Knott's on March 7th (??-from memory), and TPR's Magic Mountain event on March 22nd!! ;)

i lost my wallet on The Beast. didnt realize it was gone for about an hour. We went back and asked if it was found. They said no. So we asked if we could look in the trains as they came in the station. and behold my wallet was still on the floor board of train 3 backseat. it was a mirical and no money was gone.

On another note I didnt lose anything but gain something i wish that i didnt when rideing Maverick Last year. I got Poop on my a seagal at somepoint of the ride when i got off i reached to open my pocket for me glasses and when i did I felt something wet. I just about puked. We left so i could change cloths

Wow!! Your sig is really filling up now!!

Now, you just need to add the dates for Coaster Solace at Knott's on March 7th (??-from memory), and TPR's Magic Mountain event on March 22nd!! ;)

STOP!! My sig is going to look like something out of the Matrix! :lol:

Oh, I completely forgot - I HAVE lost something to a ride! I lost my season pass to Mean Streak - luckily it got turned in at the end of the night, it had gotten stuck in between the seat bottom and the center divider. I was nicely panicking for quite a while - because we were in the middle of a week long trip and I wasn't sure I could replace a King's Island platinum pass at Cedar Point.

Oh, and I wear contacts on the rides too - but I usually wear my sunglasses with an athletic strap to keep the wind from drying my contacts out. My picture on TTD shows my stylin' shades that kept me from crying in the front seat due to wind. I also keep a bottle of re-wetting drops in my cargo pocket!

I have yet to loose anything on a coaster, but a group of my friends and I had just gotten off Millennium Force's unloading platform when my one friend took his glasses out of his pocket and noticed that one of the lenses was gone. We spent 20 or so minutes looking for it and finally found it laying under the station in the gravel next to a support. A ride op was then able to retrieve it for us. :)

Every time i go to a park i have a wallet on a chain just for the park.I had my wallet fall out of my jacket pocket on FOF and went right by my face.Now i have a wallet on a chain just for this lol sound stupid but not really.Also about 3$ in change on Vortex and Firehawk.I also about lost my Raybans on The Beast going down the hill grabbed them just in time and never have broke a pair of them.

Thought it was time to finally come out of the shadows and add a post to the site. It has been very interesting reading however.

While I've personally not lost anything on a ride a friend of mine nearly lost his favorite Ohio State hat back in the early 90's to Iron Dragon at CP. He got lucky as it wound up in the hands of the guys behind us. Much like Terpy they had quick reflexes being able to snag an item from mid air while riding. Needless to say he was quite upset as it flew off only to be quite releived at the end of the ride when the guy tapped him on the shoulder.

Thought it was time to finally come out of the shadows and add a post to the site. It has been very interesting reading however.

While I've personally not lost anything on a ride a friend of mine nearly lost his favorite Ohio State hat back in the early 90's to Iron Dragon at CP. He got lucky as it wound up in the hands of the guys behind us. Much like Terpy they had quick reflexes being able to snag an item from mid air while riding. Needless to say he was quite upset as it flew off only to be quite releived at the end of the ride when the guy tapped him on the shoulder.

It's funny when stuff like that happens, it's almost like time slows down. When the girl in front of us lost her hat, I watched my husband snag it like he had all the time in the world. I tried for it but couldn't reach it. She was very very glad when he handed it back to her as we were pulling back around to the station.

Every time i go to a park i have a wallet on a chain just for the park.I had my wallet fall out of my jacket pocket on FOF and went right by my face.Now i have a wallet on a chain just for this lol sound stupid but not really....

Great Adventure will not let you in the park if you are wearing items with chains...wallet or not...and it is not the only park with that policy.

The only thing I have ever lost was my cell phone on Dragster. I realized it was missing when we got to the photo booth. So we went back to try to look for it and as we were walking down the midway, just across from Magnum, I found the battery cover with smudges of red paint on the back. I never did find the rest of my phone.

The only thing I have ever lost was my cell phone on Dragster. I realized it was missing when we got to the photo booth. So we went back to try to look for it and as we were walking down the midway, just across from Magnum, I found the battery cover with smudges of red paint on the back. I never did find the rest of my phone.

lol, at least you found that much! My husband left his phone on the top of his squad car once while putting gas in it, got a call and took off in such a hurry that he forgot his phone was up there. The biggest piece he found, when he went back for it after realizing what happened, was a scrap of circuit board. To this day, he's the only person I know that's managed to destroy a Nokia "brick" phone.