What kind of objects have you lost on a ride?

csikoth

This is a hard topic... where to start.

I've lost a pair of Sunglasses to Firehawk.

A pair of keys to The Racers (oddly enough, I had never lost anything on that ride)

Some change on Face Off, no doubt easy to do.

I have never lost anything to The Beast. Which is the one place I would expect to. Go figure.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 7 months later...

Lost my cell phone to Maverick yesterday.

Thought I had my pocket zipped.. apparently not. I did file a report at Lost and Found.

I was really mad at first, but I realized: 1. It could have been worse.. it could have been my car keys. 2. Stuff happens, I'm not the first to lose their phone to that wild ride. 3. I have another phone I can reactivate if it isn't found.

^That's not good. My mom said if I ever lose my phone she won't get me new one so I have a special pair of shorts with a zippered pocket that I take to all of the amusement parks.

Last year during Haunt, I had lots of coins in my pockets, and when I sat down, the all emptied into the seat, sure enough, when we started moving, they were flying all over the place. I was a bit scared.

Also, I had my pass in a cargo pocket on the Diamondback announcement, and we were about to go on Vortex, when I realized it wasn't in any of my pockets. We hadn't even ridden any inverting rides yet!

heh, i had a thread just like this.

but um, i lost my "Canon Powershot A590 IS" on the hill going into the turn around on The Racers.

I wasn't mad just disappointed. lol I had some sweet photos of me & my friend and the rides.

i never got it back and I filled out a report. I saw it fall into the center of the curve, down where the grass is.

I called for weeks asking did they find it. I went back to park and the grass back there was cut, so i was like WTF? lol , I loved that camera

Things I have lost on coasters:

* A Casio watch...two different ones, both on wood coasters...one on, of all things, Shivering Timbers at Michigan's Adventure, one on what was then Grizzly (now Timber Terror) at Silverwood in Idaho. In both cases, I replaced the watch at different nearby Target stores!

* About $2.75 in change, mostly quarters, on Tatsu at Six Flags Magic Mountain...flew out of a cargo pants pocket, it did!

Things I have caught on a coaster:

* On my very first ride on Magnum XL-200, I uncharacteristically sat in row 2. (Hey, I had not ridden it before and I was in a hurry to get on!). Two doctors were in row 1. One had a large bag type portable phone (the word cell phone was not yet used). Shaped like a large brick, it was. As we flew down the first drop, the phone flew up above my head. I instinctively grabbed it!

I once caught someone's hat on the Flight of Fear launch as it hit me in the chest

The only thing thus far I have lost on rides is change... However, I did have a close call at CP. I almost lost my girlfriend's camera on Magnum... It somehow worked its way out of a zipped pocket. As we hit the bottom of the second hill before the pretzel, I felt something hit my foot. I couldn't tell what it was, so I stepped on it lightly to keep it in the car. After we got back to the station, I figured I just turn in someones lost article that happened to fly in our car. Low and behold it was her camera that had been on the floor. I got extremly lucky on that one... she had just gotten that for her birthday a few months prior.

That same day, I caught someones sunglasses on Corkscrew... I caught them going into the loop. When we got back to the station I just loudly asked if someone lost some glasses. The owner finally realized they were hers after not even noticing they were gone. The short hop before the loop seems like a culprit for taking items.

I lost a pocket full of stuff on Diamondback the other day. I know that my Six Flags season pass, car insurance card, debit card and ACE membership card were among the things missing. The ACE card's the only thing I know has been found so far. I didn't even realize they were missing until the next day!

Nice signature! But you forgot two things, Winter SOAR on Feb. 21st. and Coaster Mania on June 5th!

Wow!! Your sig is really filling up now!!

Now, you just need to add the dates for Coaster Solace at Knott's on March 7th (??-from memory), and TPR's Magic Mountain event on March 22nd!! ;)

STOP!! My sig is going to look like something out of the Matrix! :lol:

LOL

Haven't lost anything to a ride yet, but we did lose my new $600 Nikon D40 in the parking lot at KI. I still do not know how that happened. My husband had taken our girls out to the car, while I took one last ride on Diamondback with our friends. He left with the camera case strapped across his chest. He put the girls in the car, and I arrived about 10 minutes later. I asked if we had everything, he nodded and off we went. I asked for my camera. "It's in here somewhere. I put it in here and then helped Melody to her seat". I looked around. No where. Asked the girls if it was with them. It wasn't. My heart sank.

We arrived at our hotel and searched the car over. It was nowhere to be found. I was ready to cry. He was freaking out "I KNOW I put it in here!!" I said "Let's go back to the park, just to see". All the way there, I'm thinking if someone found it, it was gone. It's a nice camera, afterall.

We pull in to where we were parked before leaving. It was not there. So, he goes to lost and found. There it was. Someone found it (not sure where) and it was still there. Even the $50 I had in the see through zipper area was there.

I was highly impressed with the entire situation. So, if you happen to read this, kind person..thank you from the bottom of my heart.

• 2 weeks later...

Got a package in the mail today with my Motorola Rival that I lost to Maverick on September 13.

10722_263885515276_640870276_8947436_602

Mav completely ate the back off my phone (which snaps on in THREE places, mind you!) and the battery. And my 2GB memory card that was in it won't read.

It's a good thing I had a spare phone laying around just in case.. just a friendly reminder to double, triple, and quadruple check those cargo pockets! ;)