What's the WORST amusement park comercial you've ever seen?

Racerrider

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, let's see. That would have been about $23US, for a pass good only at Canada's Wonderland. By comparison, in that same year, 1984, a Kings Island single day admission was $13.50. So I really don't think the Wonderland pass was all that cheap, really....Even today, most park chains advertise a pass pays for itself in less than two visits (which is grammatically not truly the case...as less than two visits can only be one visit...since park visits are only evenly divisible by one...)

My bad, I didn't take that into account. A girl I work with is thinking about getting season's passes to KI, and I told her that once you go twice, they've essentially paid for themselves.

only due to the fact of id hear my self hum this for days on end other wise this has to be the most epic win of all time

I love those commercials, if only for the pure comedy of seeing Mr. Six dance, plus I love that song.

I wanted to post this, it is the Millenium Force Promo Video for 2000. I received a vhs copy of this promo when they were released and I still think it is one of the most original promos I have ever seen. Great way to hype the ride.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gc-q6QQklEs&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gc-q6QQklEs&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gc-q6QQklEs&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

One of my favorite promos for one of my favorite rides. Thanks for posting, too bad the 6flags cheapskates took millenium out of its fame too fast

Do WHAT?

It was Top Thrill Dragster that eclipsed Millennium Force. What on earth do you think Six Flags did to take fame from Millennium Force?

oh y're right...TTD was the one that got cheated out by 65 with kingda ka.... i don't know why i thot it was MF

My favorite thrill ride at Cedar Point was and is Demon Drop. It always, always, always gives me a queasy feeling in the pit of my stomach that no other type of drop ride ever has, except the little drop rides built for kids that repeat that same little bump before falling that Demon Drop has...over and over and over!

The day will come when that ride is no longer at the Point. For me, at least, that will be a sad day indeed.

^^As someone who hasn't ridden DD since 06, can you explain the claims in recent years about the water problem?? People on PointBuzz had been warning that DD can easily soil your clothes?? Was this just in times of rain? (when I avoid park-going if possible) Like BTR's lift at GAdv or what?

If it is raining or has been, DD can stain your clothing...GAd no longer has that problem with Batman: The Ride, and hasn't for some years (since it is no longer all black). At one time, you could easily get new red clothes by riding Batman: The Ride at GAd in the rain. Chang has sometimes had the same problem at Kentucky Kingdom, but is much less apt to soil you, given where the track is in relation to your body most of the time.

• 2 weeks later...