First Opportunity to Ride Diamondback

BoddaH1994

The first opportunity to ride Diamondback, Kings Island's new 230' hypercoaster, for the general public, Kings Island Gold Pass, Kings Island season pass, and Cedar Fair Platinum Pass holders will be April 18th, 2009 - Kings Island's opening day. Platinum and Gold Pass holders will have the opportunity to ride early on every public operating day.

Ryan

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The main reason I bought my Gold Pass was for Preview Day. sad.gif sad.gif

You'll have way more than your fair share of opportunities to ride Diamondback in 2009. Again - Gold and Platinum Pass holders get to ride before the general public on every operating day in 2009!!

So Saturday the 18th is the first day, and the 2nd day Diamondback will be open is April 25th,26th.

That is correct. Kings Island's official operating calendar can be found by clicking here.

Any word Ryan, what time this would be?

Stay tuned -- more information will be announced as it is made official.

Having been around for a very long time and having seen many, many things, let's say it is anticipated to be ready to open with the park on April 18. Although it is extremely unlikely, there always is the small chance it will not. Nothing in life is totally guaranteed. Any one or more of us might not even be alive by then. Rest assured NO ONE wants that coaster open more than the staff and management of Cedar Fair Entertainment Company and Kings Island do!

Having been around for a very long time and having seen many, many things, let's say it is anticipated to be ready to open with the park on April 18. Although it is extremely unlikely, there always is the small chance it will not. Nothing in life is totally guaranteed. Any one or more of us might not even be alive by then. Rest assured NO ONE wants that coaster open more than the staff and management of Cedar Fair Entertainment Company and Kings Island do!

I also bet the Adena workers really want to see it rolling. I bet it feels really good to see all your hard work make people happy.

Is this because Construction is behind schedule and they wont have it ready for April 17th?

(Just guessing)

Diamondback construction is going at an excellent pace and is currently on schedule. It will be ready to open with the park on April 18th.

Or the media on April 17th.... <_<

Maybe, maybe not. That might not be (and probably is NOT) media day.

I also bet the Adena workers really want to see it rolling. I bet it feels really good to see all your hard work make people happy.

Good point! Even still, even they do not want to see the coaster open MORE than do the staff and management of Cedar Fair Entertainment Company and Kings Island!

Terpy, who knows more than a bit about how the media operates

^ I dont see how big of a deal one day would be so I doubt that. So instead of having a preview day we can only get in the park 1 hour early on Saturday? I am kind of disapointed because I was going to make 2 trips to the park in the weekend and some company has a rent out on Sunday! WTF is this!

I think you the nail on the head. 17th... 18th... what does it matter? It'll be your first opportunity to ride it regardless.

While this is disappointing news (especially since Canada's Wonderland got one), looking on the bright side (which I mostly do in life)...

a.) Assuming SPPN was from 5:00-10:00 pm as originally thought (despite that 2:00 pm start possibility), the most # of rides you would have gotten is 3, maybe 4 depending on when they started kicking people out.

b.) ERT on Diamondback every day is nothing to take lightly!! KI isn't CP (who has every day ERT)...however, I do hope ERT is longer than a half hour, which is my bet at this point.

c.) For what it's worth, CW's opening day wasn't until two weeks after their SPPN!

All that said...I do shudder to think what that Saturday morning will be like now!! I can tell you many people who had gone to SPPN would have either not gone to KI the next day or taken their time getting to KI first thing if they've already ridden the day before. Opening day now will definitely be a mad house with the possible number of D-back rides being reduced by a few. But ultimately, c'est la vie!

This just really ticked me off... April 16th. is my birthday and I was going to go to Season Pass Preview Day, then stay at KI Resort and go April 18th. too. I was really looking forward to going the 17th. And since I won't be able to go the seventeenth, I won't be able to get in an hour early the 18th. cause my mom wouldn't want to go to the hotel all Friday and do nothing, and we'd just go Saturday morning and like always we wouldn't get there til' about 10am. for some odd reason... <_<

No offense, but some of you really need to chill out.

We are getting a B&M hyper at our home park, something many of us never imagined would happen. And he just said there will still be ERT on it every morning.

..Can't you be happy about that?

Preview Day may be gone, but your opportunity to ride it is not.

No offense, but some of you really need to chill out.

We are getting a B&M hyper at our home park, something many of us never imagined would happen. And he just said there will still be ERT on it every morning.

..Can't you be happy about that?

Preview Day may be gone, but your opportunity to ride it is not.

does not matter to me, but my buddy was upset because he was planning on going that night. I probably won't make it up until a few weeks after opening weekend anyway.